Mavic Mini and the DJI Fly app
1062 8 2020-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Coppertop
lvl.3
Flight distance : 168658 ft
United States

Took my Mavic Mini out for its maiden flight this morning and compared to my old Spark, it seemed to fly a bit smoother and had a touch more zip to it. I do wish DJI offered it with color options but I just have to squint a little harder to see the Mini off in the distance.

I was a little surprised DJI went with a new app for the Mini. It's not terribly different but I'm having an issue that I need a little help with.

About five minutes into the flight, the recording will stop and the video file saved. When I hit the record button again, the recording only lasts a minute then it shuts down again. I've checked the buffering setting in the app and I've got it dialed up to 16GB and I'm using a 64GB card. Still learning my way around the Fly App, is there a setting I am missing?

Any help is appreciated.
2020-1-1
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

From beginning I have disabled my videocache. On phone there is enough space für the cached video files ? First try with disabled videocache, then a record with 1080p /30fps and/or another sdcard. And no, there are no more settings. And another thing....I think record stops after reaching a filesize of 4 GB.
2020-1-1
Use props
Coppertop
lvl.3
United States

jonny007 Posted at 1-1 10:47
From beginning I have disabled my videocache. On phone there is enough space für the cached video files ? First try with disabled videocache, then a record with 1080p /30fps and/or another sdcard. And no, there are no more settings. And another thing....I think record stops after reaching a filesize of 4 GB.

I will give that a try.
Thanks.
2020-1-1
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

It may have to do with the file system used when formatting the SD card.

Did you format the card in the drone itself?  I did that initially, and have been able to shoot 15 minutes (longest I've flown) as one file in 2.7K 30 FPS.

Also, what speed is the card you're using in the Mini?
2020-1-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. May I know what SD card you are using? Have you to formatted the SD card? Please back up your files before formatting the SD card. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-1-1
Use props
Coppertop
lvl.3
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-1 14:53
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. May I know what SD card you are using? Have you to formatted the SD card? Please back up your files before formatting the SD card. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

It is a Sandisk Extreme 64GB card that was formatted in the Mavic.
2020-1-1
Use props
djiuser_WFxwb3PkZgsK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1972316 ft
United States

jonny007 Posted at 1-1 10:47
From beginning I have disabled my videocache. On phone there is enough space für the cached video files ? First try with disabled videocache, then a record with 1080p /30fps and/or another sdcard. And no, there are no more settings. And another thing....I think record stops after reaching a filesize of 4 GB.

"I think record stops after reaching a filesize of 4 GB."

Mavic Mini user manual says: "To ensure the stability of the camera system, single video recordings are limited to 30 minutes."

Though it does not mention file size in the manual, 2.7k video recording reaches 4 GB long before 30 minutes so I doubt the limit would be 4 GB. I'm not sure what's causing the recordings to stop early in this case, but I do hope you get it solved soon. Good luck!
2020-1-1
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

Lucky me, took a long video and file size was 3.3gb
2020-1-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Coppertop Posted at 1-1 17:32
It is a Sandisk Extreme 64GB card that was formatted in the Mavic.

Thank you for the additional information. I would recommend to please refresh the firmware of your DJI Mavic Mini using the DJI Assistant 2 to isolated the issue. If issue still persists. I would recommend for you to contact our support team to start up a ticket at ( https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav ) to further investigate the cause of the issue. We have the professional team who would do their best to assists you with regards to this matter. Thank you.
2020-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules