Flying drone in an authorization zone in Canada
4587 7 2020-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_r8ytFtZuwYUp
lvl.1
Canada

Hi,
New Mavic Mini pilot here. My house is in an authorization zone  (blue one) (5km from nearby airfield) and I have 2 questions:

1. Do I need to request an unlock code to fly inside the house?

2. If I want to fly my drone in my backyard, do I need to request a special permission from the airfield or else to fly it at very low altitude?

Thanks in advance

Maxime
2020-1-1
Use props
CareyL
lvl.1

Canada

Inside the house you should not have GPS and the Mini won't know where it is, (inside a restricted zone), so if there is adequate light  you should be good to go. Put on the prop guards. If the GPS is preventing flight you can cover the top of the mid body section with tin foil. 2. NFZ means NFZ unless you have an advanced Pilot license and an SFOC to fly - your yard or not.
2020-1-1
Use props
lprising
lvl.3
Flight distance : 32402 ft
Canada

CareyL Posted at 1-1 11:37
Inside the house you should not have GPS and the Mini won't know where it is, (inside a restricted zone), so if there is adequate light  you should be good to go. Put on the prop guards. If the GPS is preventing flight you can cover the top of the mid body section with tin foil. 2. NFZ means NFZ unless you have an advanced Pilot license and an SFOC to fly - your yard or not.

I think the OP referred to a blue zone. That is a NFZ by DJI and it can be unlocked in the updated app/firmware now. I did it yesterday. Yo DO NOT need an advanced pilot licence  and/or SFOC - or any level of pilot licence for the Mini a long as it is under 250 grams. Even above it you only need a Basic licence and registration.
2020-1-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this inquiry. When the flying the said drone inside a " No Fly Zone " please follow local laws and regulation to ensure safety of yourself and the drone. To unlock the said drone please visit our DJI Fly Safe website for more details and how to unlock the drone in a " No Fly Zone ". If you have further concern or inquiry. Feel free to post it here at DJI Forum, we are here to help. Thank you.
2020-1-1
Use props
Max-ime
lvl.1
Canada

Thanks a lot for your answers
2020-1-4
Use props
DroneNewsGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 253 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-1 14:44
Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this inquiry. When the flying the said drone inside a " No Fly Zone " please follow local laws and regulation to ensure safety of yourself and the drone. To unlock the said drone please visit our DJI Fly Safe website for more details and how to unlock the drone in a " No Fly Zone ". If you have further concern or inquiry. Feel free to post it here at DJI Forum, we are here to help. Thank you.

DJI Paladin:
Unfortunately the DJI Fly app is applying incorrect flight restrictions on the Mavic Mini in Canada.
As a sub-250 gram drone it is considered a 'micro drone' by Transport Canada and is not regulated.
Your flight restrictions are seriously impacting users and need to be removed.
2020-2-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the the trouble and thank you for the additional information. With regards to this matter. For the safety of yourself and everyone. These safety features will trigger when the DJI drone enters a NFZ designated by the local government or a specific location and special events that needs to regulate flying of drones. It is recommended to follow the local rules and regulation provided by the local aviation authority and the local government for us to be able to fly our DJI drones with no issues and most specially no untoward incidents that might happened. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding. Fly safe always.
2020-2-3
Use props
fansd37fe0d3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 263225 ft
Portugal

Where I live in Portugal, I am on DJI blue authorization zone. For my aviation authority (equivalento to TC) I can fly with a limit of 30 m AGL height but I was unable to fly here because of the DJI blue zone. Since the app upgrade to 1.0.4 (now I use the 1.0.6) I am able to self unlock the blue zone. Today I flew my MM here at the park.
2020-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules