Dji Fly and Iphone 6
7671 13 2020-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mgozer
lvl.4
Italy

Hi everyone,
it happens to me that, using an Iphone 6 for Dji Fly, when I open up (not full screen) the map at the bottom left corner, when in a colored area, the cpu overload message appears and the video downlink starts to freeze.
It looks like the Iphone 6 (latest firmware) is not able to perfectly handle the Dji Fly app.

Is it my specific phone, or is this really happening to this phone model?

Thanks
2020-1-1
Use props
BobWinNV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

How full is the storage on that phone?  Perhaps it will work better with Fly app Video Cache turned off (in setting Camera/Advanced Camera Settings/Cache when recording).
2020-1-1
Use props
Mgozer
lvl.4
Italy

BobWinNV Posted at 1-1 15:00
How full is the storage on that phone?  Perhaps it will work better with Fly app Video Cache turned off (in setting Camera/Advanced Camera Settings/Cache when recording).

it has 9,18 Gb free and the app is set to not to cache video.
2020-1-2
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I get the same problem with the Ipad mini 4 when first starting the app in the camera screen, but the error message doesn't come up again.

I think DJI Fly is just maxing out the older CPU's, which may no longer work in the near future when new features are added and the processing requirements get larger.

It's just a matter of time before we can't use them anymore with DJI Fly and we'll need to get the latest Apple products

Our devices are 6 years old

2020-1-2
Use props
Mgozer
lvl.4
Italy

I guess so.
But at least they should update the list of suggested mobiles, since the Iphone 6 is included.
2020-1-2
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

lannes Posted at 1-2 04:18
I get the same problem with the Ipad mini 4 when first starting the app in the camera screen, but the error message doesn't come up again.

I think DJI Fly is just maxing out the older CPU's, which may no longer work in the near future when new features are added and the processing requirements get larger.

I agree but if its listed as compatible, it should stay that way.
2020-1-2
Use props
AmericaWestCMH
lvl.1

United States

App works on iPhone 6 Plus and iPhone 11 for me
2020-1-2
Use props
TDZHDTV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

No issue with my iPhone 6 here
2020-1-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Are there any background application running when the DJI Fly application is open? Please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly application to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-1-2
Use props
Mgozer
lvl.4
Italy

Thanks for the replies.
I just updated the app and disable as many notifications and background servicies as possible and it looks like that, for now, the overload warning is no more.
I'll update this post if any.
2020-1-5
Use props
fansdd190fdf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 858993 ft
United Kingdom

I have tried with an Iphone 6 64gb version with no other apps on and can confirm I get the cpu warning as well. Cache is turned on in my case. My iphone 6s runs without problems with cache turned on despite only being the 16gb version. It appears the goalpost are moving as the iphone 6 was enough to run dji go 4 with my spark and my mavic pro.
2020-12-17
Use props
fans3767935d
New
Flight distance : 36565 ft
Canada

Is anyone having problems with manual camera settings on when using an iphone 6? I can't seem to adjust the shutter or ISO. When I click on either, I get a slider at the top of the screen that I cannot adjust. If I connect an Iphone XS I get the scroll wheel options that one should get.
2021-4-26
Use props
fans3767935d
New
Flight distance : 36565 ft
Canada

fans3767935d Posted at 4-26 12:56
Is anyone having problems with manual camera settings on when using an iphone 6? I can't seem to adjust the shutter or ISO. When I click on either, I get a slider at the top of the screen that I cannot adjust. If I connect an Iphone XS I get the scroll wheel options that one should get.

Actually, I just  updated iOS and that seems to have fixed it. I'll leave this up in case anyone else has an issue
2021-4-26
Use props
Rebecca Owens
lvl.1

United States

So my question is I have a mini two and I have the iPhone 6 and I used my boyfriend iPhone 11 and I get the sphere pictures 180 and wide angle right on the DJI Fly app but when using the iPhone 6 they don’t come up they come up as regular pictures and they say AEB do I need a better phone or does anyone what i can do to fix it??
2021-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules