2508 10 2020-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Griz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7211 ft
United States

Hello all,
Can anyone tell me if this is the correct ESC for the Phantom 2 - Vision Plus - Version 3????

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K456LIG/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1JL84PCMGC6ZI&psc=1

Thank you for your anticipated response, and Happy New Year!

Mike
2020-1-1
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Yes - the listing indicates it's a v2.1 although the photo is of a 2.0.  Nonetheless, either one would work for a P2V+ v3 with the 2312 motors.  Assuming it's a v2.1, just solder it in and go fly.  If it's a 2.0, I would do an IMU calibration after you install it.  

The difference between all the ESC versions is in the ESC FW.  The hardware is the same.  

The original ESC (before the v2.0, not labelled, some call it a v1) cannot be used with your 2312 motors.  But some unlabelled ESCs had FW upgrades and are marked with a colored felt pen on top of the large capacitor (blue, red, or yellow), indicating an upgrade to 2.0 or 2.1.  

Good luck
2020-1-1
Use props
The Griz
lvl.1
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 1-1 17:03
Yes - the listing indicates it's a v2.1 although the photo is of a 2.0.  Nonetheless, either one would work for a P2V+ v3 with the 2312 motors.  Assuming it's a v2.1, just solder it in and go fly.  If it's a 2.0, I would do an IMU calibration after you install it.  

The difference between all the ESC versions is in the ESC FW.  The hardware is the same.  

Thanks Mark!  Would you know if these motors would work in same quad P2 V+ V.3?

https://www.banggood.com/4X-Racerstar-Racing-Edition-2312-BR2312-960KV-2-4S-Brushless-Motor-For-350-380-400-Frame-Kit-p-1083204.html?currency=USD&utm_source=rtbhouse&utm_medium=cpc_brand&utm_content=all&utm_campaign=rtb-toys-and-hobbies-all-en&cur_warehouse=CN

These are considerably cheaper at rough $8 each!
2020-1-2
Use props
The Griz
lvl.1
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 1-1 17:03
Yes - the listing indicates it's a v2.1 although the photo is of a 2.0.  Nonetheless, either one would work for a P2V+ v3 with the 2312 motors.  Assuming it's a v2.1, just solder it in and go fly.  If it's a 2.0, I would do an IMU calibration after you install it.  

Thanks!  I ordered one which is all they had.  Wish they had more as I'd order spares.  Oh well.
2020-1-2
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

The Griz Posted at 1-2 09:47
Thanks Mark!  Would you know if these motors would work in same quad P2 V+ V.3?

https://www.banggood.com/4X-Racerstar-Racing-Edition-2312-BR2312-960KV-2-4S-Brushless-Motor-For-350-380-400-Frame-Kit-p-1083204.html?currency=USD&utm_source=rtbhouse&utm_medium=cpc_brand&utm_content=all&utm_campaign=rtb-toys-and-hobbies-all-en&cur_warehouse=CN

You know what they say about banggood don't you?  When your drone hits the ground, it'll BANG GOOD!  

I would not put AM motors on my DJI quad.  MHO
2020-1-2
Use props
The Griz
lvl.1
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 1-2 10:35
You know what they say about banggood don't you?  When your drone hits the ground, it'll BANG GOOD!  

I would not put AM motors on my DJI quad.  MHO

No, actually not really familiar with Banggood, but I get your drift.  My P2, V+, v.3 had a rough landing last time out roughly 4 months ago.  Tried flying it a couple weeks ago.  Unfortunately three of the four motors were "sputtering".  So I was looking at lower cost fixes, because at $150 - $200 repair cost, I'm not sure its worth it to me.  And availablity of DJI parts for this drone is becoming scarce and still more expensive.
2020-1-4
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

The sputtering intermittent start-stop thing with the motors means either the motor or the ESC needs to be replaced.  No way to know for sure without testing it.  But I'd examine the ESC boards first with a magnifying glass and look for popped or damaged mosfets.  If the board looks clean, get a new motor on eBay and test it.  If it still doesn't work, the ESC is bad and needs to be replaced.  eBay has both.  They're cheaper now than they were five years ago.  Good luck
2020-1-5
Use props
The Griz
lvl.1
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 1-5 03:57
The sputtering intermittent start-stop thing with the motors means either the motor or the ESC needs to be replaced.  No way to know for sure without testing it.  But I'd examine the ESC boards first with a magnifying glass and look for popped or damaged mosfets.  If the board looks clean, get a new motor on eBay and test it.  If it still doesn't work, the ESC is bad and needs to be replaced.  eBay has both.  They're cheaper now than they were five years ago.  Good luck

I have the ESCs on order, and have the motors standing my.  You have been tons of help.  Again Thank You!!!!
2020-1-5
Use props
IRMMZ 1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 221371 ft
Canada

Hello, I bought a used Phantom 2 vision+ v2.0 and will this esc work on it? I am not a professional at this kind of thing and want to know if this is an original part. The reasoning is that I will get this in case the quad's esc fails and I need to get a new one and don't want to spend too much money. This is the link

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/18439932 ... :g:3RoAAOSwH7VdhDRp

If this is not an original is it possible if someone can find an original one and one that is not too expensive? Again, I am not that good at this kind of thing.

Cheers!
2022-2-10
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Not sure what you mean by "Phantom 2 Vision+ v2.0".  The first P2V+ is just a P2V+.  The upgraded version is called a V3 for some reason.  I know it's confusing.  So maybe you mean it's not a V3, which means you have the P2V+ with the 2212 motors.  So then, the answer is yes, the ESC will work fine.  That ESC may be the original but it's also possible it's a V2.0 esc but not marked as such which was kind of common.  Doesn't matter - both will work with your 2212 motors.  I would calibrate the IMU after you solder it in.  If you're replacing the whole assembly, make sure that's the correct motor for that wing.  If it's not the correct motor and you just want the ESC, make sure you swap the red and yellow wire positions on the ESC so they are the same as the opposite (not adjacent) wing.  Good luck.
2022-2-10
Use props
IRMMZ 1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 221371 ft
Canada

Mark The Droner Posted at 2-10 13:34
Not sure what you mean by "Phantom 2 Vision+ v2.0".  The first P2V+ is just a P2V+.  The upgraded version is called a V3 for some reason.  I know it's confusing.  So maybe you mean it's not a V3, which means you have the P2V+ with the 2212 motors.  So then, the answer is yes, the ESC will work fine.  That ESC may be the original but it's also possible it's a V2.0 esc but not marked as such which was kind of common.  Doesn't matter - both will work with your 2212 motors.  I would calibrate the IMU after you solder it in.  If you're replacing the whole assembly, make sure that's the correct motor for that wing.  If it's not the correct motor and you just want the ESC, make sure you swap the red and yellow wire positions on the ESC so they are the same as the opposite (not adjacent) wing.  Good luck.

Thanks for clearing up! The Phantom is quite new to me as I mainly use a Mavic Pro
2022-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules