Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Controller Wheel Broken
1972 8 2020-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
golfer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61749 ft
United States

I purchased the pocket with the accessories combo in late July 2019 for a trip to Japan in August. It worked great and I feel like the controller wheel is a must. I haven't used it since that trip and its just been sitting in its case. I took it out to use and the controller wheel is completely unresponsive. I chatted with support and sent an email and have gotten absolutley no help at all. Please help. I really don't want to use it without the controller wheel and I won't buy another one if they are that poorly made.
2020-1-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. Prior from encountering this issue did the DJI Osmo Pocket or the said accessory dropped and hit the ground or was it hit by something hard? Is the DJI Osmo Pocket Controller Wheel properly inserted to the DJI Osmo Pocket? For better assistance kindly please provide a short video of the said issue. Thank you.
2020-1-2
Use props
golfer
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-2 15:39
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. Prior from encountering this issue did the DJI Osmo Pocket or the said accessory dropped and hit the ground or was it hit by something hard? Is the DJI Osmo Pocket Controller Wheel properly inserted to the DJI Osmo Pocket? For better assistance kindly please provide a short video of the said issue. Thank you.

No, it was never dropped or hit by anything. That is the frustrating part, it worked when I put it away in my case and when I took it out to use a few months later it doesn't work at all. It is a hard shell case that has literally been sitting on a shelf the entire time. Please see below a video.

The osmo pocket itself still works perfectly. It's just the controller wheel that does not respond at all. The pocket recognizes when it connects but it just doesn't function at all.

2020-1-3
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

golfer Posted at 1-3 13:19
No, it was never dropped or hit by anything. That is the frustrating part, it worked when I put it away in my case and when I took it out to use a few months later it doesn't work at all. It is a hard shell case that has literally been sitting on a shelf the entire time. Please see below a video.

The osmo pocket itself still works perfectly. It's just the controller wheel that does not respond at all. The pocket recognizes when it connects but it just doesn't function at all.

I don’t have either the gimbal or the wheel but I noticed you inserted the wheel after you had already started the OP, is it still not working if you insert it before you turn it on.
2020-1-3
Use props
golfer
lvl.1
United States

AlanHd Posted at 1-3 13:43
I don’t have either the gimbal or the wheel but I noticed you inserted the wheel after you had already started the OP, is it still not working if you insert it before you turn it on.

Correct. It does not work either way. You can see the message pops up saying it recognizes that is connected but nothing happens. I'm guessing something is physically wrong with it. I literally had never taken the control wheel off of the osmo pocket after my first trip with it (except to update it when I realized the control wheel no longer worked). I bought a case that specifically was designed to hold the pocket with the control wheel installed and have babied the thing since day one. That's why I'm so disappointed. Plus the first support chat I did suddenly disconnected and they haven't replied to the form I filled out. This is really souring my view of DJI even though I still love the pocket (with a working control wheel) and both drones I have.
2020-1-3
Use props
golfer
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-2 15:39

Did you see the attached video? I'm really not sure what else I can do. I'll try opening another ticket with support but I don't have much confidence in that anymore.
2020-1-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

golfer Posted at 1-6 11:13
Did you see the attached video? I'm really not sure what else I can do. I'll try opening another ticket with support but I don't have much confidence in that anymore.

Thank you for sharing this information with us. Rest assured that once our DJI repair team receives the said accessories, they will do their best to assists and a proper resolution will be provided. Thank you for your understanding.
2020-1-6
Use props
golfer
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-6 15:04
Thank you for sharing this information with us. Rest assured that once our DJI repair team receives the said accessories, they will do their best to assists and a proper resolution will be provided. Thank you for your understanding.

Your reading comprehension is ridiculous. How can I send it in for repair if support won’t even respond to me? Thank god my mavic mini is still returnable. Selling the Osmo pocket on eBay and never buying dji again. Good riddance.
2020-1-6
Use props
AdrianGMan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 250190 ft
United States

Mine works but it making an odd clicking noise https://youtu.be/YWvtZPN-hSE
2020-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules