Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Xoar i1 prop is dangerous, DO NOT BUY. WARNING
1908 15 2020-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd845e849
First Officer
Flight distance : 1495906 ft
Philippines

Hi I'm the same person who gave a positive feedback for the xoar inspire 1 carbon fiber foldable propeller last month. The build quality is top notch for sure.

After thorough testings with 9 different batteries, the xoar prop design is too voltage hungry dropping voltage to dangerously low levels shown in realtime. Even at idle this is clearly noticable.. and at full pitch or throttle only for 5-6 seconds it gets dangerously low as in 3.3volts. If you know the inspire 1 it would cutout/shutdown battery at lower than 3.1volts.

Compared to the regular Dji 1345LS, this prop only sits at 3.5volts in the same maneuver, making it perform 0.2-3volts better.
In terms of actual differences,
the dji ones spin the motor with more rpms, does get motors warmer, but the voltage current/consumption is much less because there is less resistance.
This is due to the fact that the aerodynamics of Dji's blades are much more efficient.

As for the xoar, it is not efficient, beginning from the mounting, it has to use LS plates and at the same time it has large long hubs causing it to be heavier and at the same time eating up the potential blade length by having a shorter hub. But that is not enough of a cause and not the only cause, but also the blade aerodynamic design of xoar is simply not efficient at the same time.
The xoar prop is so voltage hungry, it literally consumes on idle the same voltage dji ones would at full throttle. It's real actual.

The xoar design may workout on other drones that have comfortable consumtpion of voltage but the inspire 1 is voltage hungry and it requires a very efficiently designed aero propeller.
It's a good thing I was able to update all my inspire 1's battery software so it could limit power to prevent the cutout/shutdown.. but it would certainly still potentially fail with xoar if I had kept throttle for 10seconds or more.

My batteries are high cycle but the tests were used on the same batteries. Thank you xoar for listening, this will help your development.

I would suggest for xoar on copying the dji aerodynamic design mold for the blades, and turn those into your high quality carbon fiber with a much smaller mount. Because your props are much better in material quality and I would say could sustain birdstrikes.
And much longer lifespan.
2020-1-1
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was looking for foldable props but couldn't find any.  It's good I couldn't find them earlier.
2020-1-1
Use props
fansd845e849
First Officer
Philippines

AntDX316 Posted at 1-1 22:11
I was looking for foldable props but couldn't find any.  It's good I couldn't find them earlier.
I retested xoar props and the results turns out better this time.
Because all my batteries were already fully charged for 24 hours or over prior to the xoar testing, it caused low voltage.
The voltage of the xoar is the same as the stock ones. But motors are much cooler.

I am so sorry for the bad reaction and bad review. I really made a big mistake and I will correct every negative thing I have said. Xoar does make the best propeller and so sorry for my carelessness in this case.
2020-1-1
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

fansd845e849 Posted at 1-1 22:23
If only xoar would take dji's aero blade design and make it with shorter hubs...
It would be better than stock and potentially could sustain bird strikes.

I just trust only the DJI props as they always have worked.  Inspire 1 is quite a heavy beast.
2020-1-1
Use props
fansd845e849
First Officer
Philippines

AntDX316 Posted at 1-1 23:32
I just trust only the DJI props as they always have worked.  Inspire 1 is quite a heavy beast.
Because all my batteries were already fully charged for 24 hours or over prior to the xoar testing, it caused low voltage.
The voltage of the xoar is the same as the stock ones. But motors are much cooler.

I am so sorry for the bad reaction and bad review. I really made a big mistake and I will correct every negative thing I have said. Xoar does make the best propeller and so sorry for my carelessness in this case.
2020-1-2
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

fansd845e849 Posted at 1-2 00:02
Dji props have the best aerodynamic efficiency on voltage.. the least resistance and more rpms which suits the inspire 1 motors and weight.

The xoar surprisingly has the same flight time and the motors are cooler when touched. But the voltage just wants to drop literally. Their aerodynamic design is not suitable at all for the inspire 1.

How is the footage though?  The same or smoother?
2020-1-2
Use props
fansd845e849
First Officer
Philippines

AntDX316 Posted at 1-2 00:29
How is the footage though?  The same or smoother?

2020-1-2
Use props
fansd845e849
First Officer
Philippines

.I retested xoar props and the results turns out better this time.

2020-1-2
Use props
fansd845e849
First Officer
Philippines

2020-1-2
Use props
mixchief
First Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use the "other" brand folding props Heliengadin, and find them to be no different in terms of lost to the stock props, my batteries  perform flawlessly and I really didn't notice a flight time difference between them
Never tried Xoar, or (I believe they make I1 props) T motor, but am pervfectly happy with the Heliengadin.
2020-1-2
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

fansd845e849 Posted at 1-2 04:43
Smoother but you can't even focus on the camera when your voltage is always red even at idle with some wind lol.

If some pilot who has a battery not updated flies with the xoar, it'll crash after a few seconds of full throttle.

Can you sell me your blades for a super low price?  I don't have an X5R.  I use a FLIR XT and the X3.
2020-1-2
Use props
fansd845e849
First Officer
Philippines

AntDX316 Posted at 1-2 18:52
Can you sell me your blades for a super low price?  I don't have an X5R.  I use a FLIR XT and the X3.

2020-1-3
Use props
Beef Supreme Airways
lvl.1
Flight distance : 101148 ft
United States

Hey guys,

Adding my two cents here. I use and love the XOAR props on my Inspire 2.

I have their folding prop design, but there were some issues from the beginning that were easily sorted by going to their office.

1) The prop mount needs an extra washer below it to ensure the top plate doesn't connect with the motor pin.
2) Gotta add Threadlocker to every screw, and make sure they are at least 10mm-ish. The stock screws that were sent weren't long enough I felt.

Otherwise, their customer service skills are impeccable. Good dudes.
2020-1-9
Use props
fansd845e849
First Officer
Philippines

Beef Supreme Airways Posted at 1-9 16:17
Hey guys,

Adding my two cents here. I use and love the XOAR props on my Inspire 2.

2020-1-9
Use props
fansd845e849
First Officer
Philippines

AntDX316 Posted at 1-2 18:52

2020-1-9
Use props
fansd845e849
First Officer
Philippines

mixchief Posted at 1-2 10:56
I use the "other" brand folding props Heliengadin, and find them to be no different in terms of lost to the stock props, my batteries  perform flawlessly and I really didn't notice a flight time difference between them
Never tried Xoar, or (I believe they make I1 props) T motor, but am pervfectly happy with the Heliengadin.

2020-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules