CE version 5.8ghz?
3963 17 2020-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_bzOWJsODYmNP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 325 ft

Sweden

Hi my mavic mini ce version switshes over to 5.8 ghz sometimes.

05DAB415-8260-4D72-BCAB-13A994163722.jpeg
92FAC89E-6A6F-4EDE-90B5-BEA13F96FE40.jpeg
2020-1-2
Use props
Spark_Pilot_XxXx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 67841 ft
Germany

Whats wrong with that?
5.8 ghz provides you with a stable signal up to 500 nettes away. If you prffer 2.4 ghz click Manual and the select a channel on the 2.4 ghz Band.
2020-1-2
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Yes, it chooses which frequency has the less interference in auto mode

In manual, if you choose a channel between 1 -13 this will 2.4ghz frequency, 149-160 will 5.8ghz

2020-1-2
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

Strange to see it choose a 5.8 channel with so many clear 2.4 channels, given the very limited range of 5.8 on CE models
2020-1-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this concern. Based on the image as lannes advised at post 3, the DJI Fly application will choose the best channel with less interference when it is in Auto Channel Mode. Thank you.
2020-1-2
Use props
QRF_HawkEye
lvl.1
Flight distance : 94032 ft
Croatia

If the auto mode goes with 5.8ghz for first 500 meters because that is the best option, will it automatically switch to a 2.4ghz when flying further than 500 meters since the 5.8ght is out of range?
2020-1-2
Use props
Burak C.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21814 ft
Turkey

High frequency signals are best for short distances, that is why bluetooth and wifi are high frequencies. However like radio, it is MHz. Low frequencies can travel so much far away. However, high frequency is for shorter distances, it has more bandwidth.
2020-1-2
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Romania

QRF_HawkEye Posted at 1-2 13:52
If the auto mode goes with 5.8ghz for first 500 meters because that is the best option, will it automatically switch to a 2.4ghz when flying further than 500 meters since the 5.8ght is out of range?

Nope, it won’t change channel in-flight afaik
2020-1-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Ice_2k Posted at 1-2 15:19
Nope, it won’t change channel in-flight afaik

Yes it will, that is exactly what the auto option is for. Google FHSS radio for more information.
2020-1-2
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Romania

Geebax Posted at 1-2 15:31
Yes it will, that is exactly what the auto option is for. Google FHSS radio for more information.

Are you 100% positive this applies to the Mini?
2020-1-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Ice_2k Posted at 1-2 22:32
Are you 100% positive this applies to the Mini?

Yes, of course. What do you think the 'Auto' mode is for? All good radio control systems these days use the FHSS technique.
2020-1-3
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Romania

Reading about how FHSS works, it seems like it’s *constantly* walking through different channels, not just switching to a different channel when the current one is experiencing intreference. Sounds different than what dji drones do and isn’t consistent with seeing one active channel in the settings, there shouldn’t be one “active” channel for that.
2020-1-3
Use props
tshansen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 569820 ft
Norway

Geebax Posted at 1-2 15:31

Well, i'm not sure if this apply's for the 0400 update, but the earlier versions the bandwith did not change in auto mode. The CE model's got a signal lost warning, choppy image and return to home startet when it disconnected. Not sure if it's better now, have not yet flyed with it because of heavy rain and wind (Norway)
2020-1-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Ice_2k Posted at 1-3 07:29
Reading about how FHSS works, it seems like it’s *constantly* walking through different channels, not just switching to a different channel when the current one is experiencing intreference. Sounds different than what dji drones do and isn’t consistent with seeing one active channel in the settings, there shouldn’t be one “active” channel for that.

It depends upon what purpose the designer wants to use FHSS for. If it is security, then it does continuously change channels so you cannot eavesdrop on the conversation. But equally, it can simply be used to achieve clear communication, and in that mode it only changes channel when the current one becomes difficult to receive.
2020-1-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

tshansen Posted at 1-3 09:03
Well, i'm not sure if this apply's for the 0400 update, but the earlier versions the bandwith did not change in auto mode. The CE model's got a signal lost warning, choppy image and return to home startet when it disconnected. Not sure if it's better now, have not yet flyed with it because of heavy rain and wind (Norway)

You are mixing up your terms, bandwidth is the width of an individual channel in the radio spectrum, and for a given channel purpose, it never changes. And the DJI implementation of the FHSS system has always worked the same way, the only thing that is new is the ability to also change bands to the 5.8 Ghz band, previously the channel hopping stayed within the 2.4 Ghz band.
2020-1-3
Use props
tshansen
lvl.3
Norway

Geebax Posted at 1-3 13:11
You are mixing up your terms, bandwidth is the width of an individual channel in the radio spectrum, and for a given channel purpose, it never changes. And the DJI implementation of the FHSS system has always worked the same way, the only thing that is new is the ability to also change bands to the 5.8 Ghz band, previously the channel hopping stayed within the 2.4 Ghz band.

So if i have my drone set on auto and it pick’s 5.8ghz and i take off... it will change to 2.4ghz if the drone reach the limit for the 5.8ghz?
2020-1-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

tshansen Posted at 1-3 13:40
So if i have my drone set on auto and it pick’s 5.8ghz and i take off... it will change to 2.4ghz if the drone reach the limit for the 5.8ghz?

Correct. Except it does not depend on you reaching the end of the range, it changes channel if it cannot reliably communicate.
2020-1-3
Use props
tshansen
lvl.3
Norway

Geebax Posted at 1-3 13:47
Correct. Except it does not depend on you reaching the end of the range, it changes channel if it cannot reliably communicate.

I'm glad to hear that and can't wait to test it out.... Looks like we have a couple of hours for me to testflight tomorrow. I see alot of videos of people crashing there Mini lately and losing signal. Will rapport back (and make som footage) Cheers
2020-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules