907 11 2020-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7d8531c8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3337 ft
Poland

Dear Forum Members,

I hope that you might be able to assist me here in finding root causes.

Few seconds after starting the drone, it did not respond anymore to the remote control and was flying higher and away at increasing speed. Few seconds later the message came that signal might be interrupted and some more seconds the connection was lost. The drone was flying away from me with high speed and I could not do anything about it. Wasn't able to locate the drone after either - it could have flown a few more minutes with the batteries. RTH did not work. Never had it before that it suddenly went out of control.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/L2EHHVM3GD87GL7T1AVL

Thanks for your support.

Brgds,
Mirko
2020-1-2
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Mirko,

Sorry for you MA loss.

If you look at the last part of the flight the pitch angle does not correspond with your RC input.
Why, have no idea but mayby your MA did not received the RC signal due to interference, and mayby signals from the buidling complex influenced the MA.

When i look at the last data ; I think it just dropped out of the sky.
Hope you can find it!

Question ; which way was the nose pointing while flying over the river to the other side?In the polar chart te blue line is where you did not made any Pitch and /or Roll input ; so craft should be hovering and not flying with any speed *.
* only ofcourse if the wind is within MA 'can-handle' limits.

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
analysis2.png
2020-1-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry to know about the incident with your DJI Mavic Air and thank you for your informative insights on what happened. I would recommend for you to please contact our DJI support team to start up a ticket for the said drone at ( https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav ). We have the professional team who would do their best to investigate the main reason of the incident and then the corresponding solution will be provided. Please note that DJI will not be able to perform data analysis for cases occurring after the expiry of the warranty period of the drone. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank for your support.
2020-1-2
Use props
ririlan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 879154 ft
Canada

Sorry DJI but I don't understand why you would not investigate a problem with your drone just because the warranty is expired!!!
2020-1-2
Use props
fans7d8531c8
lvl.1
Poland

To me it is hard to understand that the drone did still increased speed when I did not do anything as I just wanted it to hoover and remain where it was above the water. Also it was not windy and I even flew in wind without problems before. To answer your question, the camera was pointing away from me, I wanted to make pictures of the buildings on the opposite site of the river.

I also opened a ticket with DJI, but was hoping that anyone had made similar experience etc. Hard to believe the drone takes just over....
2020-1-3
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

fans7d8531c8 Posted at 1-3 03:41
To me it is hard to understand that the drone did still increased speed when I did not do anything as I just wanted it to hoover and remain where it was above the water. Also it was not windy and I even flew in wind without problems before. To answer your question, the camera was pointing away from me, I wanted to make pictures of the buildings on the opposite site of the river.

I also opened a ticket with DJI, but was hoping that anyone had made similar experience etc. Hard to believe the drone takes just over....

Hi,

In the log the craft is pointing towards the take-off position not to the other side of the river.

This means that the compass was in error, that`s why is started to move away from you while not given any RC input.
Did you calibrate your compass just before this flight? or takeoff close to lot of metal around you or in the ground?

If you had checked the compass heading before and after after take-off, you would not have started this flight.

To explain ; suppose your compass is 90 degrees wrong. Take off into the wind (let say direction N) and into a GPS stabilized hover.No some wind will drift your craft backwards...imu compute the correction needed and give some fwd input.  Nope, because compass is 90 wrong IMU will correct by left or right input.
(left or right depending 90 offset to L or R)
So craft fly the correction and gets more offset from the original position, thus more correcting needed, et etc.

cheers
JJB

2020-1-3
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

ririlan Posted at 1-2 14:18
Sorry DJI but I don't understand why you would not investigate a problem with your drone just because the warranty is expired!!!

do they expect a life span less than a year.....   
2020-1-3
Use props
Nick1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 248258 ft
United States

What firmware were you on?
2020-1-5
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is one of the reason I would no longer buy a DJI drone with wifi connection only ocusync connection is what I trust.
2020-1-5
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

There's something fishy going on. My mavic air December 13th2019 unpaired close radius nightflight and did not reconnect at all like it always reconnects.
Landed six feet off mark autonomously nightflight unseen onscreen from unpaired moment.
Does not make sense drone lands and rc is still disconnected.
Firmware corrupt is cured by rewrite of firmware.
But trusting firmware not original as 1st debuted scares.
Version identities means nothing since tweaking is active.
It would be better permitting the pilot to withhold the carbon copy on pc.
Then you know exact fw is in your keep, unchangeable.
But dji disallows retaining your copy, waging truant reverse engineering safeguarding.
What is not upright to pilots is fact of tweaks not known to the pilot's installed version initially laid but are subsequently being surreptitiously delivered.
Remember, the codes are in the drone rc battery apk phone.
It is not a level exchange.
Errors in code are by humans creation.
Such would mar reputation.
2020-1-5
Use props
fans7d8531c8
lvl.1
Germany

JJB* Posted at 1-3 04:17
Hi,

In the log the craft is pointing towards the take-off position not to the other side of the river.

You were right about the compass. DJI analysed the log files and found an issue with the compass. As it’s still within warranty I will receive a replacement.
2020-1-14
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

fans7d8531c8 Posted at 1-14 08:49
You were right about the compass. DJI analysed the log files and found an issue with the compass. As it’s still within warranty I will receive a replacement.

Hi,

Good news for you!  And a plus10 for DJI.

Many happy landings with your replacement.

And always perform a after takeoff compass check!  ;-)

cheers
JJB
2020-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules