Battery Firmware Update Easily Missed.
1059 6 2020-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
grahamjohnson10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2817172 ft
United Kingdom

I have read posts about battery updates in here, but I thought thats strange I have never been prompted to update my batterys firmware.

This is becuase my DJI Fly app automaticaly enters camera view once the drone has connected to the remote.

So as not to miss the battery update notification you can diasable this setting.

Here is how to find the setting within the DJI Fly app.

IMG_0103 (Small).PNG

IMG_0104 (Small).PNG

IMG_0105(1) (Small).PNG

IMG_0106(1) (Small).PNG
2020-1-2
Use props
emaneg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1591 ft
Italy

And then? you get the battery fw update alert?
2020-1-2
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you are using DJI Fly app, you will see the update notice, if there is one available, if you are on the initial starting page of the app. This is where the "Go Fly" button is on the bottom right corner of the screen once the mini and RC is connected. You will have to shut everything down to perform another battery upgrade. That includes force closing the fly app.
2020-1-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

thanks for the tip.
2020-1-2
Use props
fansa029aa8c
lvl.4
Flight distance : 568340 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, after my first battery got updated I never received any prompt to update my 2nd and 3rd battery after powering down the mini, replacing the battery and powering it back on. Even going back to the 1st screen of the Fly app it never prompted me to update the battery. When I COMPLETELY closed out the app and restarted it then I was prompted to update the battery. Same thing happened on my 3rd battery, I had to COMPLETELY exit the app, restart it then it prompted me to update the battery.
2020-1-2
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

JodyB Posted at 1-2 06:40
If you are using DJI Fly app, you will see the update notice, if there is one available, if you are on the initial starting page of the app. This is where the "Go Fly" button is on the bottom right corner of the screen once the mini and RC is connected. You will have to shut everything down to perform another battery upgrade. That includes force closing the fly app.

I can confirm this. Is how I did it, you have to turn everything off, change battery and restart.
2020-1-2
Use props
Charlie Largo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3540 ft
Sweden

Thanks for the tip...!

Easy to miss the Battery update...!

Yes...turn everything off, close the DJI Fly app (swipe up on Iphone) change battery and restart.

I have numbered my batteries as well,after changing the same one twice...
2020-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules