Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SD_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/ ... e#commentsContainer

This is the kind of behavior that ruins it for the rest of the responsible pilots out there. I can already see the FAA/Congress pushing and approving this ID regulation sooner rather than later.

Article stated "wingspans of up to 6 feet"...What?

Also stated "He estimated that up to 30 drones were flying each night? What? 30 ? come on now, this sounds like a Sci-Fi movie.

Thoughts on the article?
2020-1-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I saw another article on this on CNN,  it stated that the drones were flying legally and it was just freaking out the residents.
2020-1-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Kids pranking.  Or company with a government contract, testing their work.  
2020-1-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for sharing this article and your personal insights. I hope that our valued DJI members can provide you the best information for this inquiry. Thank you for your valued support.
2020-1-2
Use props
SD_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 1-2 07:55
Kids pranking.  Or company with a government contract, testing their work.

First I thought it was farmers maybe scanning their crops but at night?  unlikely the case.  Some areas of the article I just think writer is probably exaggerating the findings.
2020-1-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

SD_Pilot Posted at 1-2 15:31
First I thought it was farmers maybe scanning their crops but at night?  unlikely the case.  Some areas of the article I just think writer is probably exaggerating the findings.

" Some areas of the article I just think writer is probably exaggerating the findings."

You think so? The news media has written complete BS about drones ever since they first appeared, why shouldn't this be more of the same. No evidence offered in the article, just lots of ignorant speculation.
2020-1-2
Use props
SD_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 1-2 15:39
" Some areas of the article I just think writer is probably exaggerating the findings."

You think so? The news media has written complete BS about drones ever since they first appeared, why shouldn't this be more of the same. No evidence offered in the article, just lots of ignorant speculation.

I've also come to the same conclusion.  The FAA here in the USA will only become stricter with all these reported complaints.
2020-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules