14137 16 2020-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is it possible to delete flight records that you have synced with DJI. I know how to delete them from the tablet but is it possible to delete them from the DJI servers

2020-1-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

You could ask, they are required to delete any information belonging to you at your request under rules of GDPR .
2020-1-2
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 1-2 10:08
You could ask, they are required to delete any information belonging to you at your request under rules of GDPR .

They are in China.... I don't think the GDPR applies there
2020-1-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

Bigplumbs Posted at 1-2 11:57
They are in China.... I don't think the GDPR applies there

They sell world wide they are completely bound by GDPR if they want to sell in Europe and that’s the law, you will notice that on all websites including those outside EU you are asked permission well that’s GDPR .
Of course you mat not be protected by GDPR when you leave EU .
2020-1-2
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Flight distance : 189659 ft
Germany

Dirty Bird Posted at 1-2 16:03
In the app where you see your flight records. Swipe the record you wish to delete to the left & you will see the Trash icon.  Click trash icon.  Gone!

I dont belive that this deletes on the dji servers, even when they say this.
Also when you are in an blue zone and request authorisation you are forced to snc the data and at time thers no law in many countries for that. So why ?
2020-1-2
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Germany

As far as i see, it seems that when you delete all Flight Logs in the App they are not synced anymore on another Phone or afetr reinstalling the App. But if they are really deleten on the DJI Servers or just makrd as deleted is not clear.
2020-1-3
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 1-2 12:06
They sell world wide they are completely bound by GDPR if they want to sell in Europe and that’s the law, you will notice that on all websites including those outside EU you are asked permission well that’s GDPR .
Of course you mat not be protected by GDPR when you leave EU .

I think you need a better understanding of the Law.....If the Data is on a Chinese server then ONLY Chinese laws apply
2020-1-3
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 1-2 17:50
Each time you turn on the bird it creates a flight record, even if you don't actually fly.  If you turn on the bird to update firmware, download a video, adjust defaults, etc., a flight record is created.  This means over time you can wind up with lots of "1 minute" flights, or flights where the only movement is the GPS location jumping around.  I always delete these sorts of records to eliminate the clutter.  When I sync my records, they are no longer included.  I setup a new tablet just this afternoon.  Being a new install, it contained no flight records.  After syncing, my flight records are there, but the deleted records do not appear.  

Does this actually delete them from the DJI servers?  I can't say for certain.  I'm sure it doesn't delete them from the onboard flight records stored within the bird itself.  But, for me at least, it gets rid of the annoying "non-records" & they no longer appear.  If you want total anonymity, the best bet is not to sync your records at all, or create a stealth account that isn't directly linked to you.

Excellent information and thank you (The hat still worries me though )

So what you are saying is that when the sync is done the tablet/Phone is the 'lead/master' device and the server is the slave.... On some software you can set the slave and master but it would make sense for the tablet to be the master in this situation.

Interesting point about litchi which I also use

2020-1-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Bigplumbs Posted at 1-3 00:29
I think you need a better understanding of the Law.....If the Data is on a Chinese server then ONLY Chinese laws apply

I know European law well and trade agreements between China and Europe include GDPR .
2020-1-3
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can you even display your flight logs in litchi on your tablet like you can in DJI Go 4 ?
2020-1-3
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can you see you data on the DJI Server or is it just on your tablet that you can look at it
2020-1-3
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Germany

Bigplumbs Posted at 1-3 00:29
I think you need a better understanding of the Law.....If the Data is on a Chinese server then ONLY Chinese laws apply

Thats not true.
2020-1-4
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Deleting something online is Google! You delete your places history and 3 years afterwards it sill provides you with "relevant content" from the area you visited 3 years ago!

Big brother...
2020-1-5
Use props
Captain Taff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 337359 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2020-1-3 00:52
I know European law well and trade agreements between China and Europe include GDPR .

That's OK. I don't mind the Chinese having my data........as long as they don't share it with any snooping federales.
2021-3-25
Use props
Captain Taff
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That's OK. I don't mind the Chinese having my data........as long as they don't share it with any snooping federales.
2021-3-25
Use props
Captain Taff
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2021-3-25
Use props
Captain Taff
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2021-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules