Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
In the Second Flight my Mavic Air Disconnected in Flight
802 6 2020-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jet Fighter
lvl.1
United States

In the midst of my second flight of my Onyx Black Mavic Air, while it hovered at 125 feet, the controller lost connection to the aircraft.  The message said no visual signal, then I realized that there was no information about the aircraft at all.  I disconnected and reconnected the cable, stop and restarted the app, manically pressed the return to home button, as I stood helpless directly under the aircraft.  This situation continued for at least 15 minutes, there was no wind and the temperature was 30 degrees F, as I expected it to just stop and fall 120 feet, I considered how I might try to catch it before it hit the pavement. I use an Apple iPad as my view screen connected to the mini/cable charge plug on the side of the controller.  I have all the available firmware and software updates and I am terrified to fly this wonderful Christmas present.

I do not know what I did, but the aircraft started to descend, I can only say that this is not an experience that anyone should experience in the blind.  I have since seen a flurry of posts that say that it has been happening since this experience, about this bird that since it was released, this has been a problem.  What is the problem, what should I check or replace? I hope it is more than silence.  I know there are thousands of hobbyist that are flying the Mavic Air, I am anxious to join them, but you have to help me get beyond this PANIC.
2020-1-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, I am sorry to hear about the issue that you had experienced. The transmission issue may be affected by many factors, e.g. environment interference, obstacles, antennas position and etc.
In this case, we would suggest that you try to fly the drone in an open wide area, avoid wireless interference, buildings, and other obstacles. Check if there has Bluetooth device or if the Bluetooth function is turned on, please turn it off during flight.
Please check the antennas of the RC, the RC antennas should be positioned parallel to and are pointed towards the aircraft.
Besides, please check the WiFi settings and choose a good channel to fly in.
Please keep us updated if the issue persists, a video of the case and the screenshot of the firmware info (General Settings > About) would be appreciated.

2020-1-2
Use props
dewens12
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2623130 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fly in Beginners mode until you get use to flying.
2020-1-2
Use props
Jet Fighter
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 1-2 19:48
Hi there, I am sorry to hear about the issue that you had experienced. The transmission issue may be affected by many factors, e.g. environment interference, obstacles, antennas position and etc.
In this case, we would suggest that you try to fly the drone in an open wide area, avoid wireless interference, buildings, and other obstacles. Check if there has Bluetooth device or if the Bluetooth function is turned on, please turn it off during flight.
Please check the antennas of the RC, the RC antennas should be positioned parallel to and are pointed towards the aircraft.

Thor,

Thank you, this is the first that I have seen that advises to turn Bluetooth off.

Julian
2020-1-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Jet Fighter Posted at 1-12 09:49
Thor,

Thank you, this is the first that I have seen that advises to turn Bluetooth off.

Hi Julian, please check and test if the issue is solved. Thank you.
2020-1-13
Use props
Jet Fighter
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 1-13 00:55
Hi Julian, please check and test if the issue is solved. Thank you.

I have been fearful to fly my Mavic Air, additionally, the weather here has not been good.  I hope to fly later this week, ensuring that Bluetooth is off.  I will share the outcome of that flight.
2020-1-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Jet Fighter Posted at 1-13 18:26
I have been fearful to fly my Mavic Air, additionally, the weather here has not been good.  I hope to fly later this week, ensuring that Bluetooth is off.  I will share the outcome of that flight.

I understand your feeling. Please wait for good weather and fly in an open area. Please keep us updated about the result, thanks.
2020-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules