Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Altitude has stopped reporting in DJI App
985 8 2020-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Baykayaker
lvl.3
Flight distance : 826168 ft
United States

Since my Spark returned from repair, altitude is no longer being displayed continuously in the DJI app.  The drone knows when max altitude has been achieved and sends a verbal warning.  But the display bounces around 25 ft or so.  Occasionally I can see what appears to be an altitude flash on the screen, but then it goes back to displaying 25 ft.

Does anyone know how to correct this?
2020-1-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Baykayaker, please try to calibrate the IMU, make sure that the firmware and DJI GO 4 app have been updated to the latest firmware and try to fly in a place with a decent GPS signal. Please keep us updated if the issue persists. A screen recording video of the issue would be much appreciated.
2020-1-3
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Do you have again plastic foil on the bottom sensors, perhaps?
2020-1-3
Use props
Nidge
Captain

United Kingdom

If the readings are coming from the internal barometer it’s possible whoever put it back together failed to ensure that the barometer still had its foam cover in place.

Nidge.
2020-1-8
Use props
Baykayaker
lvl.3
United States

Nidge Posted at 1-8 12:08
If the readings are coming from the internal barometer it’s possible whoever put it back together failed to ensure that the barometer still had its foam cover in place.

Nidge.

Thanks for the reply Nidge.  I guess I'll just let it be for now, as I don't want to take the drone apart to check.
2020-1-22
Use props
Baykayaker
lvl.3
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 1-3 02:44
Hi Baykayaker, please try to calibrate the IMU, make sure that the firmware and DJI GO 4 app have been updated to the latest firmware and try to fly in a place with a decent GPS signal. Please keep us updated if the issue persists. A screen recording video of the issue would be much appreciated.

I noticed today that the altitude is being recorded in the flight information, as it appears correctly in the playback.  Just not being displayed in the DJI GO 4 app.

Will see if I can find out hot to calibrate the IMU, although since the altitude is being saved in the flight info, I doubt this is the cause.

Next time out will record the screen during flight.  Rain in the forecast, so may be a few days.

Thanks for all of your help.

2020-1-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Baykayaker Posted at 1-22 16:07
I noticed today that the altitude is being recorded in the flight information, as it appears correctly in the playback.  Just not being displayed in the DJI GO 4 app.

Will see if I can find out hot to calibrate the IMU, although since the altitude is being saved in the flight info, I doubt this is the cause.

Thank you for getting back. Please keep us updated after testing. Thanks.
2020-1-22
Use props
Baykayaker
lvl.3
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 1-22 20:56
Thank you for getting back. Please keep us updated after testing. Thanks.

Rain fell last night, but today was flyable.  The link below shows two captures; one during the flight (I cut it short at 1:10), the other shows the video from the flight log.  I've added some narration to explain.  After takeoff, the altimeter reports changes to 28 feet, then appears to limit.  In the second segment the altitude reading shows the drone rose to 229 feet.  Not shown is my observation that upon landing, the altimeter reading in DJI 4 GO again becomes active below 28 ft and returns to zero when at the home point.

https://youtu.be/Iojp5zg62tM

2020-1-23
Use props
Baykayaker
lvl.3
United States

Altimeter error

Best I could do
2020-2-5
Use props
Advanced