Is the Mavic Mini an upgrade from the Phantom 3 Standard
6691 13 2020-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DarMcD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1479610 ft
Ireland

I have a Phantom 3 Standard and want to know is it worthwhile to sell mine to buy a Mini fly more combo. All my footage is shot in D-Log, and it can fly in pretty windy conditions. Is the Mini a worthwhile investment, and how well does it really handle the wind? I've seen reviews, but the all leave wondering, should i sell my P3. If you have owned other DJI drones, and now have the Mini I would love to here what you have to say, escpecially if you had/have the Phantom 3 Standard. Cheers

2020-1-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

The MM will not let you shoot in D-Log and the P3 does much better in windier conditions.  In the end the decision is yours.  If you can afford it keep the P3 and buy the MM.
2020-1-2
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Dirty Bird Posted at 1-2 16:24
The Mavic Mini is a definite inprovement in RC range & flight time over the P3 Standard.  I've been out 11,000' (so far) with the Mini over water & never lost contact.  In the same location my P3 Standard is lucky to get 5000'.  Don't expect this sort of range in a congested WiFi environment.  Where the Mini lacks is in custom camera settings & windworthiness.  The P3 allows complete customization of the camera settings with many more options available. The P3 is also much better able to handle windy conditions due to its increased weight & thrust.  Factor in how & where you use your drone to make a determination.  If you primarly use it nearby, in moderate winds, as as a "point & shoot" drone, then the Mini is a good choice.  If you want the ability to customize camera options, fly in windy conditions, or wish to use an app like Litchi for Waypoint flight, then stick with the P3 Standard or purchase the Mini as a second drone.

ToTally agreed !
2020-1-2
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

I consider the mavic mini powerful but in short distances and heights, my phantom 3 SE is more powerful in these aspects

2020-1-2
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

this day was a day of strong wind, its power was demonstrated despite it ..
2020-1-2
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

This was the worst windy day, due to the situation of the castle

2020-1-2
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

I don't know if I would dare to do this distance with mavic mini .....

2020-1-2
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

I was amazed at the video quality, without a doubt the power of the Ambarella chip is amazing
2020-1-2
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 1-2 23:50
I was amazed at the video quality, without a doubt the power of the Ambarella chip is amazing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKcnlp2WhNU&t=170s

Awesome footage my fried!
2020-1-3
Use props
Zotya
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1510945 ft

Hungary

it was great to see these footage again!

The question asked is my opinion: Phantom 3 would not replace Mavic Mini. MM is more like a second drone.
2020-1-3
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

InspektorGadjet Posted at 1-3 04:18
Awesome footage my fried!

thanks dro !! Happy Days and best wishes
2020-1-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 1-3 04:49
thanks dro !! Happy Days and best wishes

Definitely very nice footage. Thanks for sharing your videos and giving good input to OP.
2020-1-3
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Zotya Posted at 1-3 04:26
it was great to see these footage again!

The question asked is my opinion: Phantom 3 would not replace Mavic Mini. MM is more like a second drone.

Spot on !
2020-1-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. I hope that our valued DJI co pilots can provide you the best information for this inquiry. Thank you for your valued support.
2020-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules