Server Error code -8 when attempting to get the latest firmware.
7125 13 2020-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Madperk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 650089 ft
United States

Can’t get firmware through app. I have updated to new version of application.  I flew 3 times today and never received the firmware notification.  After recharging everything I connected to drone and tried a manual update through the profile settings.  I keep getting a busy signal.  

Anyone else having this issue.  

“ server error. Wait a moment and try again. (Code: -8) “

2020-1-2
Use props
Madperk
lvl.2
United States

Just tried dji-fly on iOS same issue.  

Also downloaded and installed assistant on windows 10.  Received network error.

Seems like dji firmware site is offline.

2020-1-2
Use props
Matt Wang
lvl.3

United States

The server error indicates the network connection issue, I think. You can try another USB cable to see if it restores the connection. Or, try to update with another mobile device.  
If you have tried all the solutions in the Ultimate Guide on Fixing DJI Firmware Update Issue, and it still can't be solved, then Madperk's guess might be right.
2020-1-2
Use props
Matt Wang
lvl.3

United States

Matt Wang Posted at 1-2 18:43
The server error indicates the network connection issue, I think. You can try another USB cable to see if it restores the connection. Or, try to update with another mobile device.  
If you have tried all the solutions in the Ultimate Guide on Fixing DJI Firmware Update Issue, and it still can't be solved, then Madperk's guess might be right.

sorry, I really want to show you this article that gathers most firmware update issues, but
I have no idea why it turns out to the forum page, you can try it here: shorturl.at/cuGT9
2020-1-2
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Sometimes the DJI servers go down, you just have to wait a while before trying again
2020-1-2
Use props
Madperk
lvl.2
United States

The short url link doesn’t seem to work.  

So far I’ve tried multiple internet connections, both mobile and home WiFi, as well as dji assistant, iOS and android apps.  In addition I plugged in my M2P and same results.  It’s just the firmware update.  I did an update to the apps map zone database and it can back with out error.  The response was I was on the latest version.  I started to reach out to online support but i was a little too late.  Their online support hours were over for the day.  

2020-1-2
Use props
Madperk
lvl.2
United States

lannes Posted at 1-2 19:01
Sometimes the DJI servers go down, you just have to wait a while before trying again

That’s what it feels like to me.  
2020-1-2
Use props
Madperk
lvl.2
United States

Ok this is strange.....
On a lark I tried using my phone(at&t) and it worked....

So here is the deal.  I use a Verizon MiFi device (an ellipses) for my iPads and my old galaxy s7 exclusively for my drones.  My old galaxy doesn’t have a data carrier at the moment.  My new phone is a s9 and the data carrier is at&t and work pays for it.  When i teathered my s7 to my s9 it immediately downloaded the firmware and all was hunky.  

I had two more batteries to update so I tried both my home network and my Verizon and it gave a different error but would not update my other two batteries.  As soon as I teathered to my s9 I was able to update my from both my iPad and the s7.  Has to be something with either the mifi and my local isp .  Maybe Vqerizon and cable one  have something weird going on.  Maybe I need to form some conspiracy theory.  

2020-1-2
Use props
Madperk
lvl.2
United States

Ok insert some strange ISP conspiracy theory.  I connect through my isp using a vpn client (proxpn) to Seattle and DJI Assistant 2 can access the firmware repository.  Luckily they have a iPad app which should resolve the issue for me in the future if using the dji fly or dji go apps.  I used proxpn for years but I assume any vpn connection would do the trick.  Very strange indeed.  

This is completely repeatable.  I did it a number of times and without a connection through a vpn I would get a network error in the dji assistant 2 application on my Windows 10 laptop.  Simply unplugging my drone connecting to the vpn and then connecting the drone again would allow me to connect.  It could be a strange routing issue where the tunnel bypasses my isps internal routing.  Next step is to install wire shark and see what’s failing when I’m just using WiFi without a vpn.  

2020-1-2
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Madperk Posted at 1-2 23:44
Ok insert some strange ISP conspiracy theory.  I connect through my isp using a vpn client (proxpn) to Seattle and DJI Assistant 2 can access the firmware repository.  Luckily they have a iPad app which should resolve the issue for me in the future if using the dji fly or dji go apps.  I used proxpn for years but I assume any vpn connection would do the trick.  Very strange indeed.  

This is completely repeatable.  I did it a number of times and without a connection through a vpn I would get a network error in the dji assistant 2 application on my Windows 10 laptop.  Simply unplugging my drone connecting to the vpn and then connecting the drone again would allow me to connect.  It could be a strange routing issue where the tunnel bypasses my isps internal routing.  Next step is to install wire shark and see what’s failing when I’m just using WiFi without a vpn.

You could also directly connect your PC to the router via  a Ethernet connection, I have heard this works as well when having issues with DJI Assistant 2 over a wireless network
2020-1-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. I am happy to know that you are able to update your firmware using a different ISP. If you have further inquiry or concern, please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help. Thank you.
2020-1-3
Use props
djiuser_AUvvRP9UlDZh
New
United States

Just want to report that I ran into the exact same issue trying to update the firmware. The solution was to use a VPN, then I was able to connect.
2020-4-25
Use props
djiuser_RiNe4hndv7GI
New
Colombia

- SOLVED -

After trying a thousand things (reinstalling the app, trying to update from MacOS with DJI Support 2, etc.) I discovered that the problem is the signal interference between the remote control and the WiFi signal.

When I changed the bands within the DJI Fly app I can connect to the network and download the firmware. The installation was later done without any problem

You can see the following video where they explain possible update problems due to this interference. They explain it for a Mavic 2, but it was the solution for my Mavic Air 2 and I would think that can apply for other models.

I hope all you can solve this problem

Cant add the link, just search on youtube for:

DJI Mavic 2 Update Failed - How To Fix & Why It Happens (From Mad's Tech Reviews & Tutorials)

2020-6-10
Use props
Frank Delavan
New

United States

Switched my i phone to service only "no wifi" and got firmware to update.
2021-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules