WHAT DO YOU THINK THE FIRST FIRMWARE OF 2020 WILL HAVE?
2154 14 2020-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Hello and Happy New YearWhat do you think the first Mavic Mini firmware will have?
I believe this will be a major update and it will be available at the end of January 2020 (My Opinion)
2020-1-2
Use props
Mudassar
lvl.3
Flight distance : 76391 ft
China

naah , i doubt it ... at-least two months for major update...
2020-1-2
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

How do they include ADS-B into drones that don't already have it?
2020-1-2
Use props
Cobani
lvl.4
Flight distance : 612503 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

I hope RAW support. It's ridiculous, even my phone have RAW capture... very sad.
2020-1-2
Use props
djiuser_WFxwb3PkZgsK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1972316 ft
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 1-2 19:55
How do they include ADS-B into drones that don't already have it?

The FAA is proposing 3 methods for remote identification of unmanned aircraft, and it's complicated.

The FAA proposal has a commentary period that ends March 2nd 2020, so I encourage everyone to learn a little about it before this time runs out as it will eventually effect us all.

There are a few YouTube channels that have covered the "proposal for small unmanned aircraft (UAS) remote identification rules" in varying levels of detail.

Explained in this article:
https://www.aviationtoday.com/20 ... aircraft-remote-id/

Full FAA proposal document:
https://www.federalregister.gov/ ... ed-aircraft-systems

2020-1-2
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_WFxwb3PkZgsK Posted at 1-2 22:32
The FAA is proposing 3 methods for remote identification of unmanned aircraft, and it's complicated.

The FAA proposal has a commentary period that ends March 2nd 2020, so I encourage everyone to learn a little about it before this time runs out as it will eventually effect us all.

Law enforcement only really steps in if something goes wrong.  They Will allow you to fly as long as they know you know everything is good.  If you are a Mavic Mini pilot or using aftermarket batteries with gaped connectors, these are who to worry about.  Of course, if one of the drones lands on our property and we have to pay thousands of dollars to fix it, or it lands on a house and people die it would make sense to know who is responsible.

I disable my UUID for fear of being hacked.  I never have had any problems like everyone else and this could be a reason.  A vulnerability like using Adobe Flash that cannot be patched.  With the right tools, hackers can gain access and do what they want such as scramble it to crash.  If you have no UUID enabled, they cannot target you as they do not know you even exist.  DJI needs to be careful and needs to robust things that matter the most.  The Mini no doubt they went cheap and screwed over Lots of people.
2020-1-2
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I suspect it will contain more stuff to limit what we can do and further attack our liberty and freedom...… Havn't you cowboys got summit about this in your little book that you try to follow
2020-1-3
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

There are some reported instances of forced landings/ MM dropping in height and literally bouncing off the ground, I think DJI will be focusing of flight safety/ reliability.  Ultimately I hope they implement the original Spark features.
2020-1-3
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Hope they listen to you and end of January we will have some extras regarding camera settings
2020-1-3
Use props
net23
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9337 ft
  • >>>
United States

Honestly, aside from safety and stability updates the only thing I think we really really need in Mavic Mini are the same camera controls that already exist for still photographs... there are lots of things I'd put on a wish list, but manual camera control is something that is easy for them to do, does not really make the drone less competitive with their other products and would really beneficially impact the customers/owners in a way that simply makes everything better. I hope DJI add this soon.
2020-1-3
Use props
ARTPiranha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1115725 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Please DJI don't mess with us! Give us more control in video settings!!!
2020-1-3
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84423 ft
Spain

I do not expect major changes or additions, my great hope is that you add the follow me mode and RAW photo. Not even a new firmware in a short period of time, recently one came out.
The best thing for ALL is for DJI to release the SDK, with this we would get EVERYTHING DESIRED ... and more.
2020-1-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Didn't see any movement in DJI GitHub to add MM. I wouldn't anticipate release of SDK before early summer. Hope they prove me wrong and release it much sooner.
2020-1-3
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84423 ft
Spain

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-3 05:32
Didn't see any movement in DJI GitHub to add MM. I wouldn't anticipate release of SDK before early summer. Hope they prove me wrong and release it much sooner.

I agree, I haven't seen anything either. But if it is true that DJI has it in mind and according to DJI GAMORAt will throw it what they do not give is deadline. I pray that it is sooner than later, it would be great next summer to play with LITCHI on the beach (this is my mental movies ... hahahahaha)
2020-1-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Niknik. Thank you for reaching out and for these information  As of the moment, we don't have any information regarding DJI Mavic Mini's future updates in 2020. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest news and events by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you for your support.
2020-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules