Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Debugger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4865846 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Hello there,
My MM arrived yesterday, everything looks  fine, very stayable (just a few indoor flights for now) but DJI  Assistand 2 can't see it.

The RC connected to DJI  Assistant 2 with no problems but my aircraft not. (with the same USB  cable) it only shows the SD card and the files in it.
Tried the second USB cable with no luck in 3 different laptops (with or with out the SD card in the aircraft while connecting)

No error messages, just the windows sound when a device is connected/disconnected and DJI Assistant 2 do nothing

Any tips?

DJI Fly app 1.0.4

RC firmware .0300 (by factory)
AC firmware .0300 (by factory)

P.S.

In DJI Fly app I have notification for new firmware avaliable to install, but i'm not in a hurry to do so.
Just wondering why DJI Assistant 2 can't see my MM while it works fine with the RC.
2020-1-3
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

For me the Mini is a bit strange with the DJI Assistant 2, I find that I need to have the program open and waiting, I then turn on the MM and wait for the power up to finish (yellow flashing) and only then do I connect the MM to the PC. Some other ways it doesn't always get recognized as a usb device with my system. I think it has to do with the micro usb on the MM being a charging port as well as a data port,  it defaults to charging when you connect to the pc without the MM being powered up.

If you don't connect in time, you sometimes get this message

Mavci Mini DJI Assistant delay.JPG
2020-1-3
Use props
Debugger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4865846 ft
  • >>>
Greece

lannes Posted at 1-3 01:30
For me the Mini is a bit strange with the DJI Assistant 2, I find that I need to have the program open and waiting, I then turn on the MM and wait for the power up to finish (yellow flashing) and only then do I connect the MM to the PC. Some other ways it doesn't always get recognized as a usb device with my system. I think it has to do with the micro usb on the MM being a charging port as well as a data port,  it defaults to charging when you connect to the pc without the MM being powered up.

If you don't connect in time, you sometimes get this message

I guess I was too slow to connect. I try once more to connect just after power up the MM and it work.
Thanks
2020-1-3
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Debugger Posted at 1-3 02:03
I guess I was too slow to connect. I try once more to connect just after power up the MM and it work.
Thanks

Good to hear, it was not a serious connection problem
2020-1-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. I am happy to know that your previous concern was resolved. If you have further inquiry or concern please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help. Thank you for your valued support.
2020-1-3
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431873 ft
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-3 10:40
Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. I am happy to know that your previous concern was resolved. If you have further inquiry or concern please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help. Thank you for your valued support.

Doesn't work for me. Getting just the Mass Storage Device all the time. Any other suggestions?
2020-1-24
Use props
fans5aec7a6f
lvl.1

Portugal

Same thing here, the mini is not recognized by my windows 10 computer
2020-1-24
Use props
fans5aec7a6f
lvl.1

Portugal

fans5aec7a6f Posted at 1-24 11:12
Same thing here, the mini is not recognized by my windows 10 computer

I solved it by changing out my USB cable, apparently mine was only charging and not able to connect, so it was an easy fix.
2020-1-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Mizzu Posted at 1-24 10:01
Doesn't work for me. Getting just the Mass Storage Device all the time. Any other suggestions?

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. May I know are you using a Windows or a Mac? Please try to check if the USB drivers are up to date. If possible please try a different computer to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-1-24
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-24 16:49
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. May I know are you using a Windows or a Mac? Please try to check if the USB drivers are up to date. If possible please try a different computer to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

Windows 10.
All drivers up to date. Tried out all my USB Ports, an active USB Hub as well. Just getting it instantly recognized as Mass Storage Device.

Will try it on my Notebook, when i got time.

Edit: It's exactly the same on my Notebook.
Also it doesn't matter if I connect it with or without insert SD Card.

I can hear the Windows Sound connecting the device, disconnects it, connects it again and then I get access to the SD Card.
I guess somehow the Drone disconnects or switches to some mass-storage-mode or anything like that.

Is there a way to hard-reset the Drone? Maybe this would fix it.

2020-1-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Mizzu Posted at 1-24 23:17
Windows 10.
All drivers up to date. Tried out all my USB Ports, an active USB Hub as well. Just getting it instantly recognized as Mass Storage Device.

I am sorry to know that the issue still persists after doing these troubleshooting. The best thing I would recommend is for you to contact our DJI Support Team to further diagnose the cause of this issue. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.
2020-1-27
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-27 08:54
I am sorry to know that the issue still persists after doing these troubleshooting. The best thing I would recommend is for you to contact our DJI Support Team to further diagnose the cause of this issue. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.

No worries. I crashed the Drone and need to take the advantage of Care Refresh to get another one anyways. Maybe it'll work with the replacement Drone. ;)
2020-1-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Mizzu Posted at 1-27 22:53
No worries. I crashed the Drone and need to take the advantage of Care Refresh to get another one anyways. Maybe it'll work with the replacement Drone. ;)

Again, I am sorry for the convenience. Rest assured that our DJI repair team will do their best to assist you with regards to this matter. Thank you.
2020-1-28
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

At the beginning I also thought I would have a problem. Then I have had a look to the manual (reading it is NEVER wrong) and after all, it was due to the wrong sequence of USB connection and program start. And especially that I didn't connect the drone within 20 seconds. THAT is crucial. After 20 seconds you will no longer get a connection. But as I see, this cause already has been written.

2020-1-28
Use props
djiuser_mRMEv9tG4hFE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 327251 ft
United Arab Emirates

Hello, all was ok out of box with Mavic Mini 2 but then I updated latest firmware of the controller and the drone thru app, batteries as well when I connected drone it was this pop up window below from DJI assistant for Mini 2.  I can not see anything in assistant, it doesn’t show me the firmware, just uploading some data in the drive and that’s it. but I’ve updated it anyway using iPhone before and now still the situation is the same.
Please help me ASAP, how to revert back everything-maybe how recall the firmware update? Drone was flying in the beginning before these updates.  Really close to just send it back.
3AA9B9AA-76B5-4388-BBE0-EC6E85AFDA20.png
2020-12-12
Use props
djiuser_CGAsaXliELrY
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2111699 ft
Hungary

djiuser_mRMEv9tG4hFE Posted at 12-12 22:48
Hello, all was ok out of box with Mavic Mini 2 but then I updated latest firmware of the controller and the drone thru app, batteries as well when I connected drone it was this pop up window below from DJI assistant for Mini 2.  I can not see anything in assistant, it doesn’t show me the firmware, just uploading some data in the drive and that’s it. but I’ve updated it anyway using iPhone before and now still the situation is the same.
Please help me ASAP, how to revert back everything-maybe how recall the firmware update? Drone was flying in the beginning before these updates.  Really close to just send it back.

The same goes for me
2020-12-25
Use props
djiuser_bBmOvKYHiMhb
New

New Zealand

I had this same problem but what I did was to TURN OFF my FIREWALL on the pc then the bird stayed connected and I was able to download the firmware I needed. I hope this helps you guys.
2021-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules