DJI MAVIC MINI Fly away and lost it
4380 31 2020-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
khrizny22mac
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39022 ft
Philippines

Hi, looking for help and hope DJI will replace my mavic mini. I bought it last december 5, 2019 and flew it for 19 times. Until December 21, 2019 I lost it and can't control it properly. I check in airdata that it has an error of not enough force/ ESC error. I try to control it and set return to home but it was flying away from the homepoint. Please check my airdata flight logs and also video on my google drive:
airdata
Video on flying away

Hope someone can help me and replace my mavic mini. I actually check it on the mountain but my life is at stake finding my drone.

Thank you in advance.

2020-1-3
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

use this link please > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

After your upload, put that link on here.
2020-1-3
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Your links aren´t working, please post logs as suggested by JJB.
We will to help further.
2020-1-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, I am sorry to know about this unfortunate incident and thank you for sharing your informative insights on what happened. I would recommend for you to contact our support team to start up a ticket at
( https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav ). We have the professional team who would do their best to  assists you with regards to this matter. Thank you.
2020-1-3
Use props
khrizny22mac
lvl.2
Philippines

Hi this is the flight record i uploaded to phantom

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/2YS4YR0QX9MUXHLGI698

Hope someone can help me replace my drone.
2020-1-3
Use props
khrizny22mac
lvl.2
Philippines

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-3 10:36
Hi, I am sorry to know about this unfortunate incident and thank you for sharing your informative insights on what happened. I would recommend for you to contact our support team to start up a ticket at
( https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav ). We have the professional team who would do their best to  assists you with regards to this matter. Thank you.

Hi this is my ticket number 2523736. Already report this to dji.
2020-1-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Unfortunately for you, it is a pretty simple case to diagnose. You started off with a battery at only 68% capacity and appear to have flown down a hill. At 10m 23s the aircraft decides it is getting low on battery capacity and decides to fly home. A short time later, for some unknown reason, it re-calculates the remaining battery capacity and decides you only have 9% capacity remaining. At the end of the flight, it reports only 2% remaining battery capacity, and shortly afterwards would have shutdown in flight.
2020-1-3
Use props
Maveriksam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 417500 ft
United Kingdom

Wow! Sorry to hear you lost the drone, but has anyone seen where the home point was set? Gulf of Guinea
2020-1-3
Use props
khrizny22mac
lvl.2
Philippines

Geebax Posted at 1-3 17:07
Unfortunately for you, it is a pretty simple case to diagnose. You started off with a battery at only 68% capacity and appear to have flown down a hill. At 10m 23s the aircraft decides it is getting low on battery capacity and decides to fly home. A short time later, for some unknown reason, it re-calculates the remaining battery capacity and decides you only have 9% capacity remaining. At the end of the flight, it reports only 2% remaining battery capacity, and shortly afterwards would have shutdown in flight.

Yeah i flown for 68% battery i want to shot only for a min but all of the sudden i can't control my drone. I started moving forward but it goes back ward wind is only less than 15km. How can you explain that?
2020-1-4
Use props
khrizny22mac
lvl.2
Philippines

Geebax Posted at 1-3 17:07

I dont have any intention to fly it on a hill. I lost control on my drone and moving forward in Rc became backward. And also I' tried to set it to RTH but it was flying away to homepoint.
2020-1-4
Use props
khrizny22mac
lvl.2
Philippines

Maveriksam Posted at 1-3 17:26
Wow! Sorry to hear you lost the drone, but has anyone seen where the home point was set? Gulf of Guinea

I did all pre flight check. And also We can fly with 68% batt for only a minute. As per checking also my RC get easily drained like less than 20minute connecting to my android phone and also choose first transfer file not charging. As I've checked on airdata I love forward the drone but it goes backward.
2020-1-4
Use props
Minnesota
lvl.4
United States

Did you hit record to capture 720p video on your phone (preflight step)?  The Phantom data shows the camera facing back to the start point, but the MM responds to your stick movement as if the camera is facing away from the start point.  Only the video will show  what happened.  
2020-1-4
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

At 1m54 you press the RTH button on the RC.
Craft into RTH but could not fight the wind. From 162 meters to 253 meters further away in 20 seconds.
You CX the RTH, but still moving backwards.

At 2m32 lost connection for 470 seconds!!  lost conncetion with 55% battery level and connectet again with 9% batterry level. Distance out 441 meter.
Smart battery autolanding 4% batt level, this to land the craft safely from flying height minus 60 meters to ground level.
Nope, its different! Oops, as height is referenced to take off height, beacuse minus value of 60 meters the smart batt took control at such a low value.this because MM thinks it is close to the ground, uh, its lower than start height so smart battery shoud act minus x% batt level (ofcourse not thus 4%...)
Hope the distance craft actual ground is reachable landing with only 4% batt level to start with

Distance away for long time the same, so landingh spot is known.

Landing at : 14.09342200,120.93536300
Hope you can find the MM, guess hard due to many trees there. (if my GE is up to date)
cheers
JJB

analysis1.png
2020-1-4
Use props
khrizny22mac
lvl.2
Philippines

JJB* Posted at 1-4 03:38
Hi,

At 1m54 you press the RTH button on the RC.

So the not enough force/ESC error is also a hardware issue right?

Will dji replace my drone because it has error
2020-1-4
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi

Cannot answer that question, start a case with DJI support, they will inform you if this error is a warranty claim.

cheers
JJB
2020-1-4
Use props
khrizny22mac
lvl.2
Philippines

JJB* Posted at 1-4 05:42
Hi

Cannot answer that question, start a case with DJI support, they will inform you if this error is a warranty claim.

Thank you so much sir JB. Still can't find my drone and the cliffs are too high and we can only climb to the vines.
2020-1-4
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

khrizny22mac Posted at 1-4 05:48
Thank you so much sir JB. Still can't find my drone and the cliffs are too high and we can only climb to the vines.

Good luck with contacting DJI.
2020-1-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Maveriksam Posted at 1-3 17:26

Look again.
The flight data clearly shows that the home point was:  14.095701     120.9387
That's on the other side of the world from the Gulf of Guinea.

2020-1-4
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

khrizny22mac Posted at 1-4 05:38
So the not enough force/ESC error is also a hardware issue right?[view_image]

Will dji replace my drone because it has error

Not enough Force / ESC error is usually the error you get from wind too strong.  Winds are usually much stronger at altitude.

On the AirData page for your flight, can you click 'Weather' along the left, then 'Alt Profile'; along the top for this flight;it should bring up a graph like this which you can then post here:
2020-1-4
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

khrizny22mac Posted at 1-3 16:48
Hi this is my ticket number 2523736. Already report this to dji.

Hi, sorry for the late response. We will forward this with the designated team to follow up. Sorry again for the troubles you had. We appreciate your patience. Thank you!
2020-1-6
Use props
khrizny22mac
lvl.2
Philippines

DJI Diana Posted at 1-6 13:19
Hi, sorry for the late response. We will forward this with the designated team to follow up. Sorry again for the troubles you had. We appreciate your patience. Thank you!

Hi, Ms. Diana.

Any update on this?

Thanks!
2020-1-8
Use props
khrizny22mac
lvl.2
Philippines

Ian in London Posted at 1-4 13:12
Not enough Force / ESC error is usually the error you get from wind too strong.  Winds are usually much stronger at altitude.

On the AirData page for your flight, can you click 'Weather' along the left, then 'Alt Profile'; along the top for this flight;it should bring up a graph like this which you can then post here:

Hi, Sorry but my account is free only.
2020-1-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

khrizny22mac Posted at 1-8 06:57
Hi, Ms. Diana.

Any update on this?

Hi, this has been reported and forwarded with the designated team. Any updates after the data analysis will be provided to you via email. Thank you for your patience.
2020-1-8
Use props
khrizny22mac
lvl.2
Philippines

DJI Diana Posted at 1-8 08:35
Hi, this has been reported and forwarded with the designated team. Any updates after the data analysis will be provided to you via email. Thank you for your patience.

Hi, Ms. Diana. How much would it cost if DJI will give me 15% off with the unit only and battery? DJI is not answering my emails. Please see below case number CAS-3902800-V1S8P8
2020-1-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

khrizny22mac Posted at 1-21 05:09
Hi, Ms. Diana. How much would it cost if DJI will give me 15% off with the unit only and battery? DJI is not answering my emails. Please see below case number CAS-3902800-V1S8P8

Hi, we've pushed the team and they will contact you at the earliest convenience time. Please wait patiently. I appreciate your support and patience.
2020-1-21
Use props
khrizny22mac
lvl.2
Philippines

DJI Diana Posted at 1-21 11:43
Hi, we've pushed the team and they will contact you at the earliest convenience time. Please wait patiently. I appreciate your support and patience.

Hi Ms. Diana. Still no update on my email last January 14, 2020 and still no reply on your end. Its been almost 10 days already.
2020-1-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

khrizny22mac Posted at 1-22 18:30
Hi Ms. Diana. Still no update on my email last January 14, 2020 and still no reply on your end. Its been almost 10 days already.

Hi, there. We're sorry to know about this. We will forward this with a higher level of support for further assistance. We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.
2020-1-23
Use props
khrizny22mac
lvl.2
Philippines

DJI Diana Posted at 1-23 08:57
Hi, there. We're sorry to know about this. We will forward this with a higher level of support for further assistance. We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

Hi, Ms. Diana. How much is the cost of mavic mini replacement? They offer me drone only with battery without remote and 25% off. How much it will be? And also shipping rates to singapore? Thanks
2020-2-3
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

khrizny22mac Posted at 2-3 22:09
Hi, Ms. Diana. How much is the cost of mavic mini replacement? They offer me drone only with battery without remote and 25% off. How much it will be? And also shipping rates to singapore? Thanks

Hi, apologies but we do not have the information about the cost of its replacement which shipping rates to Singapore. Kindly wait for the quotation team's invoice and pay it accordingly. Thank you for your patience.
2020-2-4
Use props
khrizny22mac
lvl.2
Philippines

omg. Is this unit will be compatible to my existing remote?
2020-2-5
Use props
MM_Pro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94580 ft
Spain

It's just happened to my MM  (  Of course before take off i calibrated the compass.)  

Connection lost, got into RTH mode and it was flying away, I've stopped the RTH process and i pushed the RTH manually with the RTH switch and it starts to fly away again! I've seen on my phone screen the distance was more and more, I couldn't believe what is happening,  now I'm working on it how to get back my MM. I will tell the full story.
If I get it back, probably i will not fly again with it.

2020-2-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

MM_Pro Posted at 2-9 12:58
It's just happened to my MM  (  Of course before take off i calibrated the compass.)  

Connection lost, got into RTH mode and it was flying away, I've stopped the RTH process and i pushed the RTH manually with the RTH switch and it starts to fly away again! I've seen on my phone screen the distance was more and more, I couldn't believe what is happening,  now I'm working on it how to get back my MM. I will tell the full story.

Can you start a new thread and post your flight log ?
2020-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules