2833 16 2020-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cmcb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47608 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,
I bought my drone in November '19 (not the combo pack due to the long delivery time).  I would now like to buy additional batteries,  but seems for last 2 months none are one sale anywhere in UK.    DJI website just says out of stock with no indictation when will be available.   Any info out there why/when they'll go on sale.   It is really limiting in how much I can use my drone at the moment.
Thanks.

2020-1-3
Use props
Johnny Danger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 130466 ft
Italy

It's the same everywhere! I have ordered batteries and charge hub more than 1 month ago, but it's still processing. They are having any kind of issue, as always, with new products that are in high demand. The drone itself it's still available at the big retailers, but no one has batteries or charge hub.
I complained many times with their on-line chat service, and they promised they will speed up and give me some more credit in their store to make up for the long delay.

I'll wait 10 days more, than I am going to cancel the order and sell the mavic mini.  I was probably going to sell it anyway if they don't come up fast with at least some basic active track quickshots, like trace from behind or spotlight.
2020-1-3
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Johnny Danger Posted at 1-3 04:11
It's the same everywhere! I have ordered batteries and charge hub more than 1 month ago, but it's still processing. They are having any kind of issue, as always, with new products that are in high demand. The drone itself it's still available at the big retailers, but no one has batteries or charge hub.
I complained many times with their on-line chat service, and they promised they will speed up and give me some more credit in their store to make up for the long delay.

This is unfortunate to hear. I just checked and it looks like the battery hub can still be bought in their store (10-15 business days before shipping), but the batteries are out of stock.

An Amazon seller has them listed as being available Jan 18 for an inflated price of $69.

I know demand has been high for the Mini, but it seems like DJI always has these supply issues with batteries early in a product’s life cycle.  I would have thought they would have this figured out by now.
2020-1-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I bought spares from Florida Drone Supply. Unfortunately they are also out of stock at this time. I don't think DJI anticipated that there would be this large of demand for additional batteries. Now they are having to wait on their supplier.
2020-1-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. I would recommend to please visit this link ( https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy ... ite&from=footer ) to check if the nearby stores has a genuine DJI Mavic Mini battery is available. Thank you.
2020-1-3
Use props
Johnny Danger
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-3 10:21
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. I would recommend to please visit this link ( https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy/retail-stores?site=brandsite&from=footer ) to check if the nearby stores has a genuine DJI Mavic Mini battery is available. Thank you.

Please can you check all my nearby stores and send me a mail/message when you find one that has one battery available? I have already lost 1 month of my time waiting for your order, why should I now waste hours and hours to phone every dealer in the area to check if you have sent them some new batteries?

You should send me the batteries I odered for free, given that you weren't able to ship in the stated time and you are not even able to provide an estimated time of shipping.

Everytime I speak with a dji dealer they tell me that DJI guys don't know what they are doing in managing orders and spares. They wait for months without news, but Dji wants the money up-front for every order....
2020-1-4
Use props
Johnny Danger
lvl.2
Italy

KlooGee Posted at 1-3 04:35
This is unfortunate to hear. I just checked and it looks like the battery hub can still be bought in their store (10-15 business days before shipping), but the batteries are out of stock.

An Amazon seller has them listed as being available Jan 18 for an inflated price of $69.

When I placed the order on the dji store (1 month ago) they said that all the stuff was available immediatly or within 10-15 days.
Battery and charge hub were not available before, so when I saw them with the green "available in 10-15 days" I placed the order. I would have never did that if I knew they are like this.
2020-1-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 1-3 04:35

"seems like DJI always has these supply issues with batteries early in a product’s life cycle".

This is somewhat typical of what a lot of major corporations are faced with and that is lack of communications between the departments.  Rarely do you find Marketing, Sales and Production on the same plan.  Also, appears that DJI is sorely lacking in caring about After Sales.  

I feel sorry for the Forum Moderators as they take a lot of heat for something they have no control over and for things that were not communicated to them.  Remember that there are some things that they have probably been directed to not divulge in online forums which is why a lot of their response appear to be copy and paste.  Not taking up for DJI but we definitely don't have the big picture and DJI is not a GOOD communication with their users.
2020-1-4
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Johnny Danger Posted at 1-4 03:55
When I placed the order on the dji store (1 month ago) they said that all the stuff was available immediatly or within 10-15 days.
Battery and charge hub were not available before, so when I saw them with the green "available in 10-15 days" I placed the order. I would have never did that if I knew they are like this.

Sometimes when you order multiple items in the same order, they will hold all items in the order until all items are available to ship.  I've had this happen in the past and I reached out to them and asked them to ship currently available items immediately and not to wait for the out-of-stock items.

Not sure this is the problem in your case, but might be worth a try.
2020-1-4
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-4 04:59
"seems like DJI always has these supply issues with batteries early in a product’s life cycle".

This is somewhat typical of what a lot of major corporations are faced with and that is lack of communications between the departments.  Rarely do you find Marketing, Sales and Production on the same plan.  Also, appears that DJI is sorely lacking in caring about After Sales.  

Yep, we've seen similar issues with GoPro, Insta360, etc, etc.

I'm not on the supply side of things in my real life, always been on the dev side.  But you'd think after this many releases, a company would have a formula down for these things.
2020-1-4
Use props
Johnny Danger
lvl.2
Italy

KlooGee Posted at 1-4 13:11
Sometimes when you order multiple items in the same order, they will hold all items in the order until all items are available to ship.  I've had this happen in the past and I reached out to them and asked them to ship currently available items immediately and not to wait for the out-of-stock items.

Not sure this is the problem in your case, but might be worth a try.

It's the first thing I did after the first 10 days, and asked again and again later. Nothing was available and they don't know when anything will be.  They are really bad in doing this. Typical chinese behaviour: say always yes, take the money, and then we will see...
2020-1-4
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

The same is true for the replacement prop blades.

I don't think DJI anticipated the huge demand that would materialize for all of these mini-related goodies.

This is a problem for any company.  If sales of a product goes too well, you're caught without enough supply, and that makes customers mad.

If you overproduce in anticipation of stronger sales than what materializes, you're stuck with stockpiles of unsold product, and that kills your bottom line.

Sales forecasting must be a real pain!

2020-1-4
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sigmo Posted at 1-4 15:43
The same is true for the replacement prop blades.

I don't think DJI anticipated the huge demand that would materialize for all of these mini-related goodies.

I agree, but surely they’ve got some historical forecasting they could use from past product launches.  I would think they should be able to come pretty close on things like batteries and props.  Surely they could look at their old sales and see that customers bought an average of X batteries per drone sold.  That should get them pretty close to the ballpark.  
2020-1-4
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

here's the problem, you buy a regular kit and go home and you find out the one battery is defective.  ordinarily you could just return to your retailer and instead of robbing another standard kit for the battery, you can grab a $45 battery pack off the shelf, swap it out for the defective battery, return the bad battery, keep the customer happy, prevent a $400 return.  what do you do when you have no batteries?  break open combo pack (which apparently is where all the initial accessories went to) and use the accessories but the problem is nobody has combos.  it's a cluster.  retailers might have to get creative.

after you've had your mini for 6 months, are you going to be  in the mood to buy a ton of extra batteries at full price for a used drone?

imagine if you had to drive 30 minutes to an area just so you can fly your drone which has been locked out at home on a calm sunny day only to fly for 20 minutes and all of a sudden the wind kicks in at 20 mph!  

2020-1-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Johnny Danger Posted at 1-4 03:49
Please can you check all my nearby stores and send me a mail/message when you find one that has one battery available? I have already lost 1 month of my time waiting for your order, why should I now waste hours and hours to phone every dealer in the area to check if you have sent them some new batteries?

You should send me the batteries I odered for free, given that you weren't able to ship in the stated time and you are not even able to provide an estimated time of shipping.

Thank you for this information and sharing your insights with regards to this matter. I definitely understand how you feel but unfortunately since the DJI Mavic Mini is released recently and due to high demands some of it's accessories including the batteries is out of stock. Rest assured that DJI is doing it's best to provide our DJI Mavic Mini owners's additional accessories and batteries in the near future for purchase. Please try click the stock reminder button on our DJI online store for your to be able to notify if the said accessory or the battery is available for purchase. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you understanding.
2020-1-6
Use props
Johnny Danger
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-6 13:55
Thank you for this information and sharing your insights with regards to this matter. I definitely understand how you feel but unfortunately since the DJI Mavic Mini is released recently and due to high demands some of it's accessories including the batteries is out of stock. Rest assured that DJI is doing it's best to provide our DJI Mavic Mini owners's additional accessories and batteries in the near future for purchase. Please try click the stock reminder button on our DJI online store for your to be able to notify if the said accessory or the battery is available for purchase. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you understanding.

Having high demands of some accessories (easy predictable) is not and excuse for delaying shipping more than 1 months on payed order, it's not an excuse for not having even a lously estimated shipping date, and certaninly it's not an excuse for not having a valid updated state of every products that tells the truth to buyers when they want to place orders.  Your best is just not enough.

It's not a mistery that you are considered one of the best and most innovative companies worldwide (for products), and one of the worst for support.
If you had to operate under serious quality standards, as an european company, you would already have experienced legal troubles and faced lawsuits.
2020-1-6
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Johnny Danger Posted at 1-6 14:58
Having high demands of some accessories (easy predictable) is not and excuse for delaying shipping more than 1 months on payed order, it's not an excuse for not having even a lously estimated shipping date, and certaninly it's not an excuse for not having a valid updated state of every products that tells the truth to buyers when they want to place orders.  Your best is just not enough.

It's not a mistery that you are considered one of the best and most innovative companies worldwide (for products), and one of the worst for support.

Maybe their having cashflow issues after the internal corruption issue
2020-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules