Question: dji osmo mobile 3 + iphone 11 pro max + olloclip lenses
1415 5 2020-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RichieNL
lvl.1

Netherlands

Hello all,

Does anybody has got experience already with placing the Olloclip lenses while using the dji osmo mobile 3 + an iphone 11 pro max. I am wondering if this will work with the Dji Osmo Mobile 3 or will I have to use counterweights? I am asking as I would like to buy the super wide angle lens of Olloclip and want to be well prepared and online I am not able to find much information about this because the combination is still fairly new.

Thank you very much in advance for any advise guys!

Richard
2020-1-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Richard. Thank you for reaching out and for these inquiry. Upon checking the mobile device ( iPhone 11 Pro Max ) on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and with the DJI Mimo application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not yet recommended for the said gimbal and with the said application. There is a possibility that the iPhone 11 Pro Max will be able to work on the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and with the DJI Mimo application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said gimbal and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Mimo application while using it on the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. Thank you for your understanding and support.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ty_List_en_1028.pdf
2020-1-4
Use props
djiuser_RdwFfJXs8805
New
Brazil

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-4 12:12
Hello and good day Richard. Thank you for reaching out and for these inquiry. Upon checking the mobile device ( iPhone 11 Pro Max ) on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and with the DJI Mimo application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not yet recommended for the said gimbal and with the said application. There is a possibility that the iPhone 11 Pro Max will be able to work on the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and with the DJI Mimo application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said gimbal and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Mimo application while using it on the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. Thank you for your understanding and support.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Osmo_Mobile_3/Osmo_Mobile_3_Mobile_Phone_Compatibility_List_en_1028.pdf

Really disappointing to see that the iPhones 11, 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max are still not compatible.

I just found out this issue AFTER buying myself the Osmo Mobile 3, not happy with that.
2020-1-5
Use props
RichieNL
lvl.1

Netherlands

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for the response. I have seen the list you have posted, but I have also seen that other people are using the Osmo Mobile 3 successfully with the Iphone 11 pro max. I understand DJI most likely still need to adjust the  DJI Mimo application and hope that will be done shortly.

@ others: I am still curious if one of the users successfully using both the Iphone 11 pro max and DJI Osmo Mobile 3 are also using the Olloclip lenses and if they have any problems with that.

Thanks,

Richard
2020-1-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_RdwFfJXs8805 Posted at 1-5 17:30
Really disappointing to see that the iPhones 11, 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max are still not compatible.

I just found out this issue AFTER buying myself the Osmo Mobile 3, not happy with that.

Hello and good day. I am sorry for the trouble that this has caused you and thank you for reaching out. Please rest assured that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple devices to be added on the said recommended mobile device list in the near future. Again I am sorry and thank you for your understanding with regards to this matter.
2020-1-6
Use props
djiuser_RdwFfJXs8805
New
Brazil

I’m still trying to better understand how the Osmo Mobile 3 can work with my iPhone 11 Pro.

Up to now, I’ve managed to make it almost balanced, but only without a case. When I use it with my case (Otterbox Symmetry Series), it just wont balance in anyway.

I don’t know if it’s due to my phone incompatibility, or if I’m doing something wrong, since I have no experience at all using gimbals, but my footage looks horrible and the gimbal most of the time feels like it’s lost and can’t follow my moves correctly, or in the way I imagine it should do.
2020-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules