Question about drone operation (Where are you looking)
582 3 2020-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
net23
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9337 ft
  • >>>
United States

As a new operator, getting used to operating the drone, I am wondering how much time, relative, do you spend watching the controller (phone/tablet) screen to watching the drone iteslf? I understand that taking off and initially I'm watching the drone, but once I'm up and flying around (within line of sight) how much I should be focussed on the screen to get the shot vs. trying to do that by watching the drone itesef. As a new experience, I'm finding it challenging to watch the screen (nerves?,) and want to learn what most folks do, and what would be expected to get used to.

Thanks!

2020-1-3
Use props
Elias22
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105180 ft
Finland

I very nearly flew into trees because I looked at the liveview instead of the drone. Its good to have someone as a visual spotter. If the drone isn't visible, you have to be very careful at looking where the drone is going. Face the camera in to the direction you are flying. Flying backwards is like walking backwards, you can't see obstacles. Its also important to look at both liveview and visual sight.

Hope this was helpful, I'm still a newbie flier with about 2hrs of flight time
2020-1-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I saw this same type question in another forum and answer was 70% on screen and only 30% on AC once it has gone more than 100m away.  Also response varied based on experience with that particular UAV.
2020-1-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. I hope that our valued DJI members can provide you the best information for this inquiry. Thank you for your valued support.
2020-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules