Phantom 3 Standard no camera controls
2686 12 2020-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ivanb01
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi, My Phantom 3 has been OK with no issues for 2 years. Not used it for 6 months and when I took it out today I did not have the ability to operate the camera controls. I have control of the aircraft and can fly it OK but I have no camera controls so cannot record footage or take photos. I'm using the same phone as the last time i flew (Galaxy S9) so I paired it with a Huawei tablet to rule out a problem with the phone but got the same result with the tablet. Any idea how I might resolve the issue?

2020-1-3
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Do you have FPV?  
2020-1-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. Are you seeing any error messages when the remote controller, drone and the DJI Go application is on? Prior from encountering this issue did the drone experience any hard landing or crash. Kindly please provide a short video of the said issue for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-1-3
Use props
WD9EON
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

Make sure you have a good sd card in the camera
2020-1-3
Use props
Ivanb01
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi, no i don't have FPV
2020-1-3
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

People have posted that rebinding/relinking the camera to the controller sometimes solves this problem.

If not, you could download a free wifi analyzer app and use it to check if there is a wifi signal being emitted from your P3S.  The MAC might start with 60601F - I'm not sure.  I would keep the controller turned off while you check.  
2020-1-3
Use props
Ivanb01
lvl.1

United Kingdom

WD9EON Posted at 1-3 09:47
Make sure you have a good sd card in the camera

Hi, just tried with a brand new Toshiba SD card - no different.
2020-1-3
Use props
m g
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12995 ft

Denmark

Ivanb01 Posted at 1-3 12:21
Hi, just tried with a brand new Toshiba SD card - no different.

Strange, I see my camera-controls, even when my RC and AC are not connected. (Of course I cannot use the camera-controls without RC an AC, but I see them).

When I switch from full-screen FPV to full-screen GPS the camera-controls go away. And when I switch back to full-screen FPV they reappear. I don't really believe it's that simple, but give it a try.
2020-1-5
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Do you have any telemetry on your screen? Any status feedback on top?
WD9EON, i think it´s a link problem from the AC to the phone via RC. If i don´t have any card inside the cam,the whole data and feed ar online.

2020-1-6
Use props
Ivanb01
lvl.1

United Kingdom

m g Posted at 1-5 04:01
Strange, I see my camera-controls, even when my RC and AC are not connected. (Of course I cannot use the camera-controls without RC an AC, but I see them).

When I switch from full-screen FPV to full-screen GPS the camera-controls go away. And when I switch back to full-screen FPV they reappear. I don't really believe it's that simple, but give it a try.

I can see the camera controls but they are 'greyed out' as though they are not available to me.
2020-1-7
Use props
Ivanb01
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Peterx Posted at 1-6 12:25
Do you have any telemetry on your screen? Any status feedback on top?
WD9EON, i think it´s a link problem from the AC to the phone via RC. If i don´t have any card inside the cam,the whole data and feed ar online.

Everything else on the screen is normal - it gives me info on how many satellites its connected to for GPS and what mode its in, even that the aircraft is warming up and when ready to fly etc. its literally just the camera control not working.
2020-1-7
Use props
Ivanb01
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-3 08:23
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. Are you seeing any error messages when the remote controller, drone and the DJI Go application is on? Prior from encountering this issue did the drone experience any hard landing or crash. Kindly please provide a short video of the said issue for further assistance. Thank you.

No error messages on screen and showing it has the latest firmware installed. It has never crashed or had a heavy landing either and was working fine the last time it was flown. I will endevour to upload a video of the start up sequence showing the issue in due course.
2020-1-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this concern, please refresh the firmware and please try to reset the camera settings of the said drone to check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules