Broken gimbal support brace on mini
15406 10 2020-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
menard77
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3379 ft
United States

I have managed to break one side of the support bracket attached to the gimbal camera.  1.  How important is this?  2.  What would everyone recommend to fix?
1.jpeg
2.jpeg
2020-1-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for what happened to the gimbal, the broken bracket may affect the gimbal stabilization, it is recommended to send in the drone to our repair center for the repair service, please start a ticket here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav
2020-1-3
Use props
djiuser_v9CKvbIXlcWv
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Did same to my drone - just a single strut. A simple fix you might think. No it ain't. You cannot seem to source just the plastic support frame on its own. I've tried. You have to buy a whole Gimbal set-up. And when fitted I hear it doesn't calibrate properly cos some coded part binds the old gimbal and frame. I've tried to take the plastic frame off a replacement Gimbal setup and they just don't separate. A real pain. I have seen one example where it has been glued back on effectively, but DJI have failed to tell me if this affects the Refresh warrenty.  Poor show DJI for a simple DIY fix.
2020-12-4
Use props
fans25741d0a
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_v9CKvbIXlcWv Posted at 12-4 04:03
Did same to my drone. A simple fix you might think. No it ain't. You cannot seem to source just the plastic support frame on its own. I've tried. You have to buy a whole Gimbal set-up. And when fitted I hear it doesn't calibrate properly cos some coded part binds the old gimbal and frame. I've tried to take the plastic frame off a replacement Gimbal setup and they just don't separate. A real pain. Poor show DJI for a simple fix.

Thx;)  I had actually ended up gluing the piece back on and it resolved the problem, it has been stable for almost a year now without incident.  I was comfortable doing it since the part did not seem to be subject too much stress and was mainly there to add some additional positioning support to the gimbal.  Otherwise the unit has been fine.
2020-12-4
Use props
Sam Stevenson
New

New Zealand

fans25741d0a Posted at 2020-12-4 04:16
Thx;)  I had actually ended up gluing the piece back on and it resolved the problem, it has been stable for almost a year now without incident.  I was comfortable doing it since the part did not seem to be subject too much stress and was mainly there to add some additional positioning support to the gimbal.  Otherwise the unit has been fine.

How did you access the gimball to glue this back on ? Do you take the top peice off the drone to access the top of the gimbal support arm to reglue ? Or take the whole gimbal out ?
2021-4-8
Use props
djiuser_f1mvQxuAA4OE
New
United States

fans25741d0a Posted at 2020-12-4 04:16

I have exactly the same problem, What kind of glue did you use?
2021-7-28
Use props
fans25741d0a
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_f1mvQxuAA4OE Posted at 7-28 10:11
I have exactly the same problem, What kind of glue did you use?

A picture of the glue I used is attached, i am sure other types of super glue would work as well.  Tricky part is giving it support to stay in place until the glue sets.  Good luck...  Jim
1.jpeg
2021-7-30
Use props
djiuser_Xr5Hi3kDKZBB
New

Palestine

djiuser_v9CKvbIXlcWv Posted at 2020-12-4 04:03
Did same to my drone - just a single strut. A simple fix you might think. No it ain't. You cannot seem to source just the plastic support frame on its own. I've tried. You have to buy a whole Gimbal set-up. And when fitted I hear it doesn't calibrate properly cos some coded part binds the old gimbal and frame. I've tried to take the plastic frame off a replacement Gimbal setup and they just don't separate. A real pain. I have seen one example where it has been glued back on effectively, but DJI have failed to tell me if this affects the Refresh warrenty.  Poor show DJI for a simple DIY fix.

I have a problem with cutting the gimbal shield for an airplane.. What type of gimbal shield is it for
2022-1-17
Use props
djiuser_Xr5Hi3kDKZBB
New

Palestine

There is a problem with cutting the gimbal shield for the Mavic Mini.. What type of shield and from where can you buy it
2022-1-17
Use props
djiuser_aLk46yKPBvAb
New

United States

Hey. My camera still great and I just trying to take this think off and pun new one. I have new one already. All videos on YouTube about how to replace the whole camera, but I don't need it. Spend like a week to try to find information about that but still looking. Maybe u can help me. I have mavic mini 2.
Maybe I need spacial tools or a magnet, have no idea(
2023-8-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_aLk46yKPBvAb Posted at 8-2 12:33
Hey. My camera still great and I just trying to take this think off and pun new one. I have new one already. All videos on YouTube about how to replace the whole camera, but I don't need it. Spend like a week to try to find information about that but still looking. Maybe u can help me. I have mavic mini 2.
Maybe I need spacial tools or a magnet, have no idea(

Hi, thank you for reaching out. We're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. To check the warranty period for each part, you may click this link: https://www.dji.com/service/policy. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2023-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules