Test Flight Mavic Mini v.0400
1320 17 2020-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tshansen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 569820 ft
Norway

The new update works great here in Norway. No signal lost, no warnings and no laggy footage. Just brilliant. The drone was set to Auto and switch between the 5.8ghz and 2.4ghz with no problem.

2020-1-4
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

Great flight in an outstanding location!! How cold was it on that day?
Wish they would reinstate the ferry from Bergen to Newcastle so we can come over again!!! I guess you really like your MM?
2020-1-4
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

How did you notice that the channels have automatically switched ? Checked the connection settings during the flight ? E.g start with channel 157, during flight 2,4 GHz channel 9 and so on, landing with channel 5 ?
2020-1-4
Use props
djicheaha
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2957598 ft
  • >>>
United States

Beautiful location, with nice video capture. Thank you for sharing.
2020-1-4
Use props
tshansen
lvl.3
Norway

Ingo Sundowner Posted at 1-4 06:32
Great flight in an outstanding location!! How cold was it on that day?
Wish they would reinstate the ferry from Bergen to Newcastle so we can come over again!!! I guess you really like your MM?

You and me both mate... would really like to go back to UK and do some of the TET and try some of your lovely whisky :-D Heard rumors about a ferry from Hirtshals to Newcastle if the Brexit goes as planed :-) Yes, i really like my Mavic Mini
2020-1-4
Use props
tshansen
lvl.3
Norway

jonny007 Posted at 1-4 06:37
How did you notice that the channels have automatically switched ? Checked the connection settings during the flight ? E.g start with channel 157, during flight 2,4 GHz channel 9 and so on, landing with channel 5 ?

I just notice when i put the drone up, it choose a 5.8ghz channel... when i was about to land it, it was on a 2.4ghz channel... will do more testing of this when the weather gets better. Just had a small window of good weather today.
2020-1-4
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice video, well composed. I too would like to know how you could tell when it switched from 5 to 2 ghz bands and also if you don't mind telling us what you use for post-production video edit?
2020-1-4
Use props
tshansen
lvl.3
Norway

JodyB Posted at 1-4 07:08
Very nice video, well composed. I too would like to know how you could tell when it switched from 5 to 2 ghz bands and also if you don't mind telling us what you use for post-production video edit?

I did not see it switch, i was just checking my fly app when putting the drone up, and before taking it down again (landing) will do more testing of this.

I use a editing software from Blackmagicdesign, called Davinci Resolve 16. Free to use for everyone PC/Mac
2020-1-4
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

tshansen Posted at 1-4 07:18
I did not see it switch, i was just checking my fly app when putting the drone up, and before taking it down again (landing) will do more testing of this.

I use a editing software from Blackmagicdesign, called Davinci Resolve 16. Free to use for everyone PC/Mac

I would have to think that if it took off on one channel and landed on another, that would confirm that it will indeed switch channels mid-flight. I've never had the notion to check mine, but I will start adding that information to my personal flight log.  Just something I'm curious about really since its been brought up here on the forum.

Thanks for the info on resolve. I've looked at that before and it does look very nice and was leaning towards using that for my own, but I think I may need to upgrade my computer to be effective at the rendering process.
2020-1-4
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Very very nice calm video, thanks for sharing!
Is that done in davinci resolve using the saphire transitions?
2020-1-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Awesome video and love that soothing background music.  I have been dabbling with Davinci Resolve but need to work with it more often to get more comfortable with what all it can do.
2020-1-4
Use props
tshansen
lvl.3
Norway

InspektorGadjet Posted at 1-4 07:49
Very very nice calm video, thanks for sharing!
Is that done in davinci resolve using the saphire transitions?

Thank you.
Yes, this transition is made in fusion, the vfx part of davinci. You can build transitions, titles, overlays etc. The Davinci program is one of the most powerfull out there in my opinion. I also build my own social media in/out with logo etc.
2020-1-4
Use props
tshansen
lvl.3
Norway

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-4 07:56
Awesome video and love that soothing background music.  I have been dabbling with Davinci Resolve but need to work with it more often to get more comfortable with what all it can do.

To be honest, it took me something around 9 months to learn the program down to all the small details, shortcuts etc... used some time to get used to the node/layer build up in fusion.. but now that i know how... it is truly a easy and fast program to use for all your videos
2020-1-4
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

tshansen Posted at 1-4 08:12
Thank you.
Yes, this transition is made in fusion, the vfx part of davinci. You can build transitions, titles, overlays etc. The Davinci program is one of the most powerfull out there in my opinion. I also build my own social media in/out with logo etc.

Awesome I did´t know that you can design your own!
I still learning davinci resolve, but as you say is very promising, fast workflow once you know where everything is located.
2020-1-4
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
United Kingdom

tshansen Posted at 1-4 07:05
You and me both mate... would really like to go back to UK and do some of the TET and try some of your lovely whisky :-D Heard rumors about a ferry from Hirtshals to Newcastle if the Brexit goes as planed :-) Yes, i really like my Mavic Mini

Hirtshals Denmark? With a stop in Norway?
2020-1-4
Use props
tshansen
lvl.3
Norway

Ingo Sundowner Posted at 1-4 09:38
Hirtshals Denmark? With a stop in Norway?

Yes, and than you switch boat to either Kristiandsand or Bergen :-) Connects UK with us in a much easier way :-)
2020-1-4
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
United Kingdom

tshansen Posted at 1-4 13:04
Yes, and than you switch boat to either Kristiandsand or Bergen :-) Connects UK with us in a much easier way :-)
Fly a mini from a ferry going at 25 knots
I so hope this is true!!
2020-1-5
Use props
Studio66
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21670 ft
Belgium

one word: stunning
love it
2020-1-5
Use props