Who has Updated CrystalSky firmware ?
2069 14 2020-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Archangel3356
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4655896 ft
United States

And what have been your result of the update. Seems not many are updating or at least not posting results. If you have updated your CrystalSky could you please share your results with the rest of us who are on the fence about installing it. Appreciate any responses, thanks and HAPPY NEW YEAR all !!
2020-1-4
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I've had no problems with the update, the fan comes on earlier I suspect , that's about it
2020-1-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Archangel3356. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best feedback and the best information from our valued DJI co pilots with regards to this matter. Thank you and fly safe always.
2020-1-4
Use props
mAIRs
Second Officer
Australia

lannes Posted at 1-4 08:02
I've had no problems with the update, the fan comes on earlier I suspect , that's about it

A Gb worth of codecto make the fan come on earlier???
I knew that the Chinese are not efficient or proficient coders but that's ridiculous....
There's definitely more going on under the hood....
I'll refrain from installing for a year or two...
2020-1-5
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
United States

mAIRs Posted at 1-5 02:54
A Gb worth of codecto make the fan come on earlier???
I knew that the Chinese are not efficient or proficient coders but that's ridiculous....
There's definitely more going on under the hood....

A gigs worth of code for a thermostat seems excessive !  Definitely not taking the chance on that update as my two 1000 nit units have had no heating issues at all in two years. I’ll just use them as they are and hope Apple comes out with a 1000 nit iPad mini or tablet of some type in the future. I guess I just have to accept the fact that CrystalSky is what it is and will never live up to what it could have been.
2020-1-5
Use props
mAIRs
Second Officer
Australia

No takers?? haha..

Hey DJI, this is a picture of the amount of trust you have left in your EX-customers.
2020-1-6
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
United States

mAIRs Posted at 1-6 07:19
No takers?? haha..

Hey DJI, this is a picture of the amount of trust you have left in your EX-customers.

Pretty amazing really since we have all waited sooo long for this update. Maybe do a poll and see how many takers their were ? At this point I’m not sure I care anymore and just take that swift kick in the walnuts and keep on moving. Sad.
2020-1-6
Use props
helgen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4081 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Archangel3356 Posted at 1-6 07:51
Pretty amazing really since we have all waited sooo long for this update. Maybe do a poll and see how many takers their were ? At this point I’m not sure I care anymore and just take that swift kick in the walnuts and keep on moving. Sad.

I do the update on two devices. Have not do flying yet Everything works as before.I still waiting for go update. I will not bye anything from DJI before new update.
2020-1-7
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

helgen Posted at 1-7 13:12
I do the update on two devices. Have not do flying yet Everything works as before.I still waiting for go update. I will not bye anything from DJI before new update.

Question, after the update still allow you to side load APK files? Thats what we got in the update before this one?
2020-1-7
Use props
mAIRs
Second Officer
Australia

jazzyjeff Posted at 1-7 15:06
Question, after the update still allow you to side load APK files? Thats what we got in the update before this one?
One other operator already answered that question... no it does not... keeps the currently installed 3rd party apps but won't allow to install new ones or reinstall uninstalled apps.
2020-1-8
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

mAIRs Posted at 1-8 02:28
One other operator already answered that question... no it does not... keeps the currently installed 3rd party apps but won't allow to install new ones or reinstall uninstalled apps.

Thanks for the info. I wonder if there is anyway to make sure this thing does not update besides not hitting the check for updates selection? I would love to take the option out so there is no chance of this happening.
2020-1-8
Use props
mAIRs
Second Officer
Australia

jazzyjeff Posted at 1-8 05:38
Thanks for the info. I wonder if there is anyway to make sure this thing does not update besides not hitting the check for updates selection? I would love to take the option out so there is no chance of this happening.

I tried by unselecting the "Notifications" from "System-Upgrade", but the reminders keep popping up.... Unfortunately in its current setup you can not DISABLE or unselect NOTIFICATIONS in the "DJIUpdate" app... but you can FORCE STOP IT.

Unfortunately with the reboot the app runs again and you'll get more reminders and so you'll just need to be careful no to update.. BUT it is a gigabyte file, so I doubt you'll do it accidently.. not like the download and install will take a few seconds... just do not keep the 7z install update file downloaded on you CS.

If I get into the startup script and can stop the DJI Update app from running I'll let you know.

2020-1-8
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The Smart Controller got an update to DJI Go 4 4.3.28
2020-1-9
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can someone post the 'release notes' from this update?
2020-1-16
Use props
Keule
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

geoffz Posted at 1-16 21:22
Can someone post the 'release notes' from this update?

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D690%26typeid%3D690
2020-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules