Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gildo!
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1735942 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hello,

After using the Dji audio adapter and an external mic I have got no audio anymore on my Dji Osmo Pocket recording.
The onboard mic does not record audio anymore: The only thing I hear is static noise.

When I use the audio adapter I have sound again on my recordings.

Steps I have taken so far to get it working again:
1. Resetting the camera
2. Uninstalling the Mimo app and re-installing
3. Changing the settings in the menu for audio levels
4. Formatting the memory card
5. Using another memorycard
6. Shutting camera off before plugging the audio adapter in
7. Trying other mics
8. Tried another Dji audio adapter
9. Turning noise reduction on and off in the Mimo app
10. Tried antoher phone: Samsung S9 & Samsung S10

I have noticed this problem for the first time 2 days ago: It seems the  camera does not
go to the internal mic anymore.
Plugging the audio adapter in: Sound
No audio adapter and mic: NO sound

Anybody else having this problem, and possibly knows a solution for this problem?

I already contacted Dji and send them a sample video.

T.I.A.
Gildo.

2020-1-4
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

I can't say that I have and I have used my audio adapter quite a bit. My first thought is that it would have to be a physical problem. Does the USB-C socket on the Osmo Pocket now seem loose at all? Is there any wiggle in it? What microphone are you using with the adapter? Is it self powered or does it get its power from the Osmo Pocket?
Have you ever put a line level output into the Osmo Pocket adapter?
What is the current setting for the mic in the Osmo Pocket?
2020-1-4
Use props
Gildo!
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 1-4 08:09
I can't say that I have and I have used my audio adapter quite a bit. My first thought is that it would have to be a physical problem. Does the USB-C socket on the Osmo Pocket now seem loose at all? Is there any wiggle in it? What microphone are you using with the adapter? Is it self powered or does it get its power from the Osmo Pocket?
Have you ever put a line level output into the Osmo Pocket adapter?
What is the current setting for the mic in the Osmo Pocket?

Thanks ;-)

No, not loose: no wiggle or anything...

I used the Osmo FM-15, a Polar Pro and a Olympus
ME-51S

Powered by the Osmo Pocket

Strange thing: With the adaptor connected I have sound, but when I disconnect the audio adapter:
Mic symbol disappears and doen't come back, so no audio is recorded.

Tried all the settings with a phone connected and without a phone, resetting etc.

Maybe a hardware thing within the camera?

At first I didn't have this problem: It occured I guess after the recent update couple of weeks ago, and at first I didn;t use a phone to connect to my Osmo Pocket.

I just plugged the audio adapter in and out without using a phone.

2020-1-4
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Gildo! Posted at 1-4 08:55
Thanks ;-)

No, not loose: no wiggle or anything...

None of which as far as I can tell should present a problem mic wise.
If using a phone to connect to the Osmo Pocket you have put the audio input back to auto and turned off the wind reduction then I can only assume a fault has developed with your Osmo Pocket.
I rarely use my phone unless I need to alter a setting that is not available on the Pocket's screen so like you rarely use my phone.
I'm using the current firmware as well.
The only other thing I can think of doing is a visual inspection of the USB-C port to see if there is a possible short. A bent connector or a small bit of contamination between pins.
The Audio adapter is an ADC so presumably bypasses the Osmo Pockets internal audio interface that in theory could be the culprit but can't understand why that should happen. Could be a chip malfunction. A dry joint or similar but really an unusual thing to happen.
I think it best you try to raise a direct query with DJI.
There is a support button at the bottom of the page to use for this.
Sorry I can't be of more help.

[EDIT] I see you have already done that. Will just have to see what DJI has to say.

2020-1-4
Use props
Gildo!
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 1-4 10:35
None of which as far as I can tell should present a problem mic wise.
If using a phone to connect to the Osmo Pocket you have put the audio input back to auto and turned off the wind reduction then I can only assume a fault has developed with your Osmo Pocket.
I rarely use my phone unless I need to alter a setting that is not available on the Pocket's screen so like you rarely use my phone.

Thanks, I will keep you posted!
2020-1-4
Use props
Gildo!
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

Gildo! Posted at 1-4 10:44
Thanks, I will keep you posted!

Osmo Pocket sended in for repair
2020-1-6
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Gildo! Posted at 1-6 08:14
Osmo Pocket sended in for repair

Thanks for the update.
2020-1-6
Use props
Gildo!
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

Dji care refresh: Received a new Dji Osmo Pocket.
No mention about the audio problem or possible fix.
2020-1-14
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Gildo! Posted at 1-14 10:15
Dji care refresh: Received a new Dji Osmo Pocket.
No mention about the audio problem or possible fix.

Glad you can get that deal in your country. No such luck in the UK. Sounds like it was an audio chip malfunction. Good news either way.
2020-1-14
Use props
Gildo!
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 1-14 10:29
Glad you can get that deal in your country. No such luck in the UK. Sounds like it was an audio chip malfunction. Good news either way.

Possibly, well: no hot swapping for me anymore with the audio adapter ;-)
Just out of precaution...
2020-1-14
Use props
tumer
lvl.1
Turkey

I purchased a connector from DJI Shop. Connected it to my OP. Powered it on. Saw the "audio adapter connected" phrase on my OP...was very happy. And started recording. Then when I get back to my computer...there was no audio...Frustrating.

I tried the OP microphones and they work.

Then I tried the Rode microphone on another device (cell phone) and it worked flawlessly.

Then I have retried it with the DJI connector & OP...the result was the same.

I feel horrible.

What am I supposed to do now?
2021-4-16
Use props
llandudnoboy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8753 ft

United Kingdom

Same thing's happened to me now! Felt a right idiot as I was making a short video for work. Then when I was editing it I realised there was no sound!!!!! Actually, there was very, very faint sound, but not useable even with boosting it. What do we do?
2021-4-30
Use props
Gildo!
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

I ended up buying the Pocket 2 and the wireless mic: Works flawlessly...very happy with it :-)

My wife is very happy with the Osmo pocket ;-)

I never used the audio adapter again...

2021-4-30
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

tumer Posted at 4-16 00:53
I purchased a connector from DJI Shop. Connected it to my OP. Powered it on. Saw the "audio adapter connected" phrase on my OP...was very happy. And started recording. Then when I get back to my computer...there was no audio...Frustrating.

I tried the OP microphones and they work.

Most powered microphones like the Rhode Pro video mics have never worked with the Osmo Pocket.
You need a good electret condenser mic that get it's power from the 3v supply via the Osmo Pocket.
This was documented very early on, on this forum.
Ray.
2021-5-1
Use props
HCarlH
lvl.1

United States

I recorded a friend't birthday party with a shotgun mic (which always worked before) which was a MAJOR extravaganza with dancers, and a band, etc.

No audio.
The entire night.  
Even though it showed the microphone on the screen.

I almost threw up I was so sick and disgusted.....and almost in tears.
2021-9-21
Use props
Jon Williams
New

United States

I was having the same issue. But realized I was using a trrs/trs cable (3 lines on one side 2 on the other) instead of a trs cable (2 lines on either end). Once I switched to trs it started working perfectly.
2021-9-25
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16279465 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Jon Williams Posted at 2021-9-25 06:20
I was having the same issue. But realized I was using a trrs/trs cable (3 lines on one side 2 on the other) instead of a trs cable (2 lines on either end). Once I switched to trs it started working perfectly.

This small bit of info is actually the most crucial in solving all external mic issues for the Osmo Pocket
2022-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules