Is the lack of manual video controls irritating?
1342 5 2020-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
griffdude13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 53507 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looking at a Mavic Mini as my first drone. However, I'm concerned about the lack of manual video settings becoming an issue for editing. Has anyone run into issues with the lack of control? Or do the results suffice most of the time?
2020-1-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day griffdude13. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing your insights with regards to this matter. As of the moment the DJI Mavic Mini is not capable of manual video settings. In addition, I hope that you will get the best feedback from our valued DJI co pilots with regards to this matter. Thank you.
2020-1-4
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This may reassure you.  Yes, it's a little irritating, expecially not being able to shoot in raw format, but overall you still get great results.....

Cheers
Ian

2020-1-4
Use props
ARTPiranha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1115725 ft
  • >>>
Russia

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-4 11:32
Hello and good day griffdude13. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing your insights with regards to this matter. As of the moment the DJI Mavic Mini is not capable of manual video settings. In addition, I hope that you will get the best feedback from our valued DJI co pilots with regards to this matter. Thank you.

Hey DJI, is it really hard at least lock white balance when locking expo?????
Why it is still not there? Why you did not give us the control???????
2020-1-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

"
Looking at a Mavic Mini as my first drone. However, I'm concerned about the lack of manual video settings becoming an issue for editing. Has anyone run into issues with the lack of control? Or do the results suffice most of the time?"

If that is the case, then you should look upon a Mavic Mini as being equivalent to the cheapest car being manufactured in India, and make your choice accordingly. From what I am seeing and hearing, it is built strictly to a price and the features and performance are commensurate with that strategy.

2020-1-4
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Geebax is right. It was never advertised as a production grade product. It was advertised as the everyday fly came for beginners. That to me says I’m buying something to start with to build up to something better in the future. Something to learn on. Sure it would be nice if it had those features for more advanced folks, but for the money we are paying for the mini, a m2p it isn’t and wouldn’t expect it to be. But maybe DJI will bestie these features on the mini anyway if we tell them we want them but it would depend on cost to them if it would be worth it or not. Only DJI knows that though.
2020-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules