MM dropping in altitude with no down stick control
703 10 2020-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Droneflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1811322 ft
South Africa

MM dropping in altitude with no down stick control.

I discovered today I flew 200 meters out at a constant height of 50 meters, on returning I noticed that the drone was coming back to me as expected with me holding the right stick all the way up, however the MM was also dropping in altitude with out me touching the right stick. I left the sticks and brought the MM to a hover and then pushed the right stick up to get the MM heading back to me and the same happened the drone moved towards me but also lost altitude and a fair rate. Thinking maybe this was just a once off I sent the MM out same height and distance and the same happened again. I have trees around 15 Meters high around my house and this could potentially be an accident waiting to happen should I loose sight of my MM.

The light was deteriorating at the time due thick cloud cover, the MM software was not alerting to light or sensor errors. I have flown the MM away from me on many occasions and not noticed this happening prior to today.

2020-1-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Can you post a flight log link below, I see a few similar posts weather ... here so can’t get out to test .

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2020-1-4
Use props
Droneflier
lvl.4
South Africa

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/6OGQ3HOB1Z9F1782NWXU
2020-1-4
Use props
Droneflier
lvl.4
South Africa

I see I had the MM in Sport mode most of the way and at one stage I was trying to get the MM to increase in altitude with full forward control back to me, the MM just continued returning to me and kept on loosing altitude. Once I stopped and hovered it took a long time before the MM started lifting altitude after pushing the left control up.
2020-1-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Droneflier Posted at 1-4 11:05
I see I had the MM in Sport mode most of the way and at one stage I was trying to get the MM to increase in altitude with full forward control back to me, the MM just continued returning to me and kept on loosing altitude. Once I stopped and hovered it took a long time before the MM started lifting altitude after pushing the left control up.

Having looked at your log nothing looks to strange, it shows left stick movements down on several occasions which match where correct altitude measurements should be, there are some occasions where log is slightly catching up but that’s normal, I think reading what others are saying using sport full on there is a slight loss of altitude and this looks similar to that .
2020-1-4
Use props
Droneflier
lvl.4
South Africa

Thanks double O I will try this again tomorrow in normal flight mode and see what happens then (is 007 not British?)
2020-1-4
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

There seems to be a pattern repeating while in sports mode, I reported some drops and have to report some more back but I wont be back up to a few days.

Altitude is being affected by something while flying full throttle and in sports mode, but also just hovering.

People were reporting a lot of insufficient power errors, maybe they adjusted motors to not over work, and they loose momentum? or maybe flying at max speed makes the barometer less accurate?
Just tihnking out loud.
2020-1-4
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hiya,

Yes, see my chart.  

Your MM lost height (2 times) from steady value 51.4 meters to 18 meters, that point RC input UP by you.
My advice is to contact DJI, your are number 3 today who reported this dropping of height!!

In the chart see the height drop at ID 8400 and 9400.
cheers
JJB

analysis1.png
2020-1-4
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Too many cases of MM descending by itself. I might have lost my MM for this very reason during an uncommanded (auto) RTH.
2020-1-5
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

m80116 Posted at 1-5 04:32
Too many cases of MM descending by itself. I might have lost my MM for this very reason during an uncommanded (auto) RTH.

Hi,

Better start a new thread, if you like upload your flightlog in that thread.
Using > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

cheers
JJB
2020-1-5
Use props
Droneflier
lvl.4
South Africa

I have posted a new post under Mavic Technical and asked DJI to respond
2020-1-5
Use props