Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Low Voltage Warning on Mavic Mini
3975 5 2020-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bfindlay
lvl.1
Flight distance : 431594 ft
Canada

Hi there,

I've noticed twice now that I have been given a low voltage warning when flying my Mavic Mini in Sport Mode.

It only happens with 1 of the 3 batteries I use and it happens once hitting 33%.

This doesn't happen on my other 2 batteries and leads me to believe there is an issue with just the one battery in particular.  The voltage dips slightly below 3.3V maybe to 3.2 but regardless this shouldn't happen in my opinion.

I've only had the drone about 6 days now and bought it from BestBuy here in Canada.  Just wondering what my options are in dealing with this one battery.

NOTE:  The first occurrence happened when outside air temperature was -1 and battery temp was 21 celsius and second occurrence happened at +2 and battery temp was around 22 degrees celsius.

Blake

2020-1-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Blake, in general, Sports Mode will increase the voltage drop speed of the battery, and the battery will evaluate its status according to such a voltage drop rate (consumption rate), and it will prompt 'Battery cells under voltage, replace battery' when the voltage reaches a low level.
You mentioned you flew the first battery when the outside air temperature was -1, the recommended operating temperature range of Mavic Mini is 0° to 40°C. Please fly the drone in the recommended temperature.
2020-1-4
Use props
bfindlay
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-4 19:27
Hi Blake, in general, Sports Mode will increase the voltage drop speed of the battery, and the battery will evaluate its status according to such a voltage drop rate (consumption rate), and it will prompt 'Battery cells under voltage, replace battery' when the voltage reaches a low level.
You mentioned you flew the first battery when the outside air temperature was -1, the recommended operating temperature range of Mavic Mini is 0° to 40°C. Please fly the drone in the recommended temperature.

Ok will do.

Why is it this battery in particular and not the other 2 that I am getting this warning from.  Is it something to be concerned about when flying?
2020-1-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

bfindlay Posted at 1-4 19:30
Ok will do.

Why is it this battery in particular and not the other 2 that I am getting this warning from.  Is it something to be concerned about when flying?

It is recommended to double test if it is related to the low temperature.
2020-1-5
Use props
bfindlay
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-5 23:47
It is recommended to double test if it is related to the low temperature.

Double test?

If I just purchased this drone, will DJI replace the battery I am having the issue with?  I went and checked the flight data and that first flight the temperature was actually 0.7 degrees out, not -1 like I had previously stated.  
2020-1-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

bfindlay Posted at 1-6 08:41
Double test?

If I just purchased this drone, will DJI replace the battery I am having the issue with?  I went and checked the flight data and that first flight the temperature was actually 0.7 degrees out, not -1 like I had previously stated.

Hi bfindlay, if the issue persists, please kindly contact our support via http://www.dji.com/support, our support team will provide further help. Thanks.
2020-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules