Mavic Mini fails to take off
7941 21 2020-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_ke7nEwn
lvl.1
Australia

I bought this Mavic Mini in Exeter in the UK around 4th December 2019 to use when I came to Australia.

So far, I have only managed to fly it a few times. The rest of the time (whenever I'm somewhere beautiful), it refuses to take off.

I'm getting error messages 30066,40012, 30049 and 30007.

The rest of my family has returned to the UK now and I have missed every opportunity to take the pictures I bought the machine for.

Please tell me how these faults can be fixed.

2020-1-4
Use props
djiuser_ke7nEwn
lvl.1
Australia

Why is there no factory reset?
2020-1-4
Use props
djiuser_ke7nEwn
lvl.1
Australia

This is my first experience of DJI and so far it has been appalling. Over the 4 weeks I've had the Mini it has frequently refused to fly. I assumed I was in a no fly zone, but it seems to be a software problem, suffered by many. I tried Online Support, but they were offline and unavailable, laughingly. I e-mailed and was told that although I'm in Australia, I have to return the drone to Europe, where it was purchased, because although they advertise it as a drone you can take anywhere, they don't have a worldwide warranty!!! I can't produce proof of purchase as that is in the UK. So if you're thinking of taking your drone on holiday with you, TAKE THE RECEIPT!!! I have had no information as to ways of fixing the fault and nor have others within the forum. I bought Care Refresh to protect my investment, but DJI expect me to pay £39GBP to repair a 4 week old drone that has malfunctioned!!! None of this is my fault, which is the point of the Care Refresh package. I thought this was the market leader and would have good customer services. It seems I was very, very wrong
2020-1-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day.  I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out.  Can you please try to refresh the firmware of the said drone using the DJI Assistant 2 to see if the issue will still persists. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-1-12
Use props
djiuser_ke7nEwn
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-12 13:34
Hello and good day.  I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out.  Can you please try to refresh the firmware of the said drone using the DJI Assistant 2 to see if the issue will still persists. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

Hi Stephen,
I've already tried updating, downdating and trying the update inbetween. Nothing worked. DJI Europe has now agreed to have the repair carried out in Australia, so that's my next step. The drone itself is in pristine condition. Never crashed it, not even bumped into anything. One minute it flew, next I turned it off and 5 minutes later it refused to fly, and hasn't flown since. Really odd. Took it into DJI store in Sydney and was told it needed repair, so that's what I'm chasing. never figured it would be such hard work though
2020-1-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_ke7nEwn Posted at 1-12 15:30
Hi Stephen,
I've already tried updating, downdating and trying the update inbetween. Nothing worked. DJI Europe has now agreed to have the repair carried out in Australia, so that's my next step. The drone itself is in pristine condition. Never crashed it, not even bumped into anything. One minute it flew, next I turned it off and 5 minutes later it refused to fly, and hasn't flown since. Really odd. Took it into DJI store in Sydney and was told it needed repair, so that's what I'm chasing. never figured it would be such hard work though

Thank you for the given information. I will be posting a link where in you can find the channels on how to be able to contact our DJI support team for us to be able to assist you further. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.

https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav
2020-1-13
Use props
djiuser_ke7nEwn
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-13 08:43
Thank you for the given information. I will be posting a link where in you can find the channels on how to be able to contact our DJI support team for us to be able to assist you further. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.

https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav

Tried that already. Got a reply from someone called Cheska who managed to say nothing useful in his reply. I asked for details for sending my drone for repairs. He said he would contact another department , but didn't say if or when I would be contacted and failed to answer a single question I put to him. I've now had a broken drone longer than I've had a working one, and trying to get DJI to do something so simple seems like an impossible task
2020-1-13
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

djiuser_ke7nEwn Posted at 1-13 16:25
Tried that already. Got a reply from someone called Cheska who managed to say nothing useful in his reply. I asked for details for sending my drone for repairs. He said he would contact another department , but didn't say if or when I would be contacted and failed to answer a single question I put to him. I've now had a broken drone longer than I've had a working one, and trying to get DJI to do something so simple seems like an impossible task

Hi, On behalf of DJI I extend my sincere apologies for the issues that you have experienced with. We already forwarded this issue to the Management Team for them to respond to your issue via email or phone as soon as possible. Rest assured that this will be sorted out sooner and with ease. I appreciate your support and understanding.
2020-1-14
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

This doesn't exactly exactly inspire confidence. Was thinking of going a step up from the MM but reading how slow dji are in responding makes me think twice
2020-1-14
Use props
djiuser_ke7nEwn
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Diana Posted at 1-14 12:56
Hi, On behalf of DJI I extend my sincere apologies for the issues that you have experienced with. We already forwarded this issue to the Management Team for them to respond to your issue via email or phone as soon as possible. Rest assured that this will be sorted out sooner and with ease. I appreciate your support and understanding.

This story begins on 4/12/2019 when I bought my Mavic Mini in the UK to take to Australia to record my holiday.
On 11/12/2019, having arrived in Australia and test flown the unit I took out a Care refresh Package, which seemed like a good idea at the time.
On 03/01/2020, the unit failed, with a bunch of error messages, saying I couldn't fly.
On 05/01/2020, I requested help via the online chat and then via e-mail. I got a standard reply,
(2531338), but no help.
On 07/01/2020, I received another reply (2531338), telling me I had to send the unit back to the Netherlands for repair, a return journey of some 36,000kms. I saw this as stupid and asked for it to be repaired in Australia.
After another rant online, I received another e-mail reply (2541998) on 09/01/2020, saying they would be in touch. They never got in touch!
I wrote to the store I bought the unit from. They said DJI should be able to repair the unit in Australia, but if they can't, they will happily replace it when I get back to the UK. However, I suspect I will then lose my Care Refresh package as it is linked to the original part.
On 13/01/2020 I received an e-mail (2541998) from Paolo in the Netherlands saying they had arranged for me to have the drone repaired in Australia and had transferred my case to the relevant department. No advice. Didn't tell me who, or where the relevant department were.
In the meantime, I had tried to start an online repair request, but the system wouldn't accept it as the unit was registered in the UK. Had another try on the online support. James sounded sincere, but help wasn't available.
Having posted on the forum I was contacted by DJI Stephen who asked me the same questions as I had been asked a week earlier (had I updated etc). I had, but it made no difference.
Next day I received an e-mail (2546421) from DJI saying they would be in touch. They have never been in touch.
On 13/01/2020 I received an e-mail from Cheska (2546421) saying someone from the relevant department would be in touch. No one has ever been in touch.
I then received another message from DJI Steven with a series of links, none of which worked or allowed me to initiate a repair.
On 14/01/2020 I received and e-mail (2548791) with a series of links, none of which enabled me to start a repair. Still no one has been in touch (except by e-mail, obviously).
The same day I received an e-mail (2541998) from Cerelia at DJI Support telling me I would have to pay to have the unit repaired.
WHY SHOULD I PAY TO REPAIR A DEFECTIVE DRONE WHICH ONLY WORKED FOR AN HOUR BEFORE FAILING? WHY?
Later, Cerelia confirmed (2541998)  that the UK unit is different from the Australian unit, which she would confirm with her 'concern' unit.
Later I received an e-mail from Pat (2546421) expressing sorrow and telling me to "Kindly wait for the response and rest assured that we'll provide a proper resolution for your issue in line with our policies." Still no one has been in touch.
DJI Diana then contacted me and assured me that "I believe this is now being handled by one of our managers and rest assured that we will formally request to take a look into this matter." Diana is obviously as deluded as everyone else at DJI. No-one is handling anything!
Later, Cerelia confirmed "In regards to your inquiry, after confirming with our concern team, we are sorry that we are unable to repair the CE version of Mavic Mini, and for your issue, we will transfer it to the designated department that deals with issues as such for further assistance. They will for sure handle your concerns accordingly at the earliest."
Surprise, surprise, no-one has been in touch since that, over 3 days ago.
They MAY (I wouldn't know) make great drones.
They MAY be market leaders.
But a tech company that cannot sort out a simple complaint and repair a defective drone, or even answer queries competently, doesn't fill me with confidence that they can do anything else well.
After all this I will probably simply return the unit to where I bought it, get a full refund and spend the rest of my life advising people not to buy DJI products.
Even if they couldn't repair the unit in Australia, surely they could have repaired it in Hong Kong (their headquarters) or China (if it is built there).
Any why did it take so many people to try to resolve the issue and fail to do so?
Their customer support is chaotic and extremely poor.
Bear this in mind IF you choose to buy.
2020-1-16
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Sorry to hear of your problems

The fundamental issue with DJI is their warranty is country based, to stop grey marketing and other shoddy retail practices and to also reduce operating costs.

They don't have an international warranty , that's why they are not set up to service anything outside of the purchase region.

Unfortunately , DJI Australia probably wouldn't have the spare CE parts to effect a repair, as all Mavic Mini's sold here are the FCC model. I suspect given the number of errors, that something has failed on the core board. DJI could have flown in the CE parts from China but that would be too much of an expense for them given that your not paying for the repairs.

I'd say there is more risk in sending the AC to China if they offer you a warranty repair there, they will loose track of it as it's not part of the standard repair process and region

I'd take it home to get it resolved locally with the retailer and the DJI Netherlands, this would be the safest approach.

2020-1-16
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 1-14 12:56
Hi, On behalf of DJI I extend my sincere apologies for the issues that you have experienced with. We already forwarded this issue to the Management Team for them to respond to your issue via email or phone as soon as possible. Rest assured that this will be sorted out sooner and with ease. I appreciate your support and understanding.

Diana

You lot need to understand that Purile comments like yours above just wind people up further and are not helpful. Just quit the Bull and sort this customer out
2020-1-16
Use props
djiuser_ke7nEwn
lvl.1
Australia

lannes Posted at 1-16 20:45
Sorry to here of your problems

Cheers, Iannes.
I'm going to take it home, either to have it repaired or to get a refund.
The whole process has taken 3 weeks and about eight different people saying different things before we got to the meat of it.
DJI have a shambolic customer services. Once a complaint has been made, they could (after all they are a tech company) have all their correspondence linked, and speak with a single voice.
sadly, they don't and now I'm closer to going home than arriving, and have lost the ability to take pictures of this magnificent country from the air. It's completely spoiled my holiday
2020-1-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

djiuser_ke7nEwn Posted at 1-16 20:20
This story begins on 4/12/2019 when I bought my Mavic Mini in the UK to take to Australia to record my holiday.
On 11/12/2019, having arrived in Australia and test flown the unit I took out a Care refresh Package, which seemed like a good idea at the time.
On 03/01/2020, the unit failed, with a bunch of error messages, saying I couldn't fly.

I believe this is now being handled by one of our managers and rest assured that we will formally request to take a look into this matter. Thank you!
2020-1-21
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Funny story for a newbie...well sorta. I removed the props when I first received the mini (I forget the reason) and reinstalled them. The mini refused to take off. I thought a long time and assumed it must be operator error of some ilk. Then I thought....are the props the same or not? No they are not and I then realized you have to install them a particular way according to the markings. Problem solved. Anyway, I thought it was funny ;-)
2020-1-21
Use props
djiuser_rA4nWXQk6Bke
New
Argentina

Hi!! Im from Argentina !! I bought a mavic mini two weeks ago, in my third flight, the mavic never start!! The mavic show me in the screen of my smartphone the next error codes

Error 40012
Error 30055
Error 30050

Sorry for. My bad english, i use.the dji assistant for upgrade and downgrade and nothing happen, the drone  never crash... its a pitty because i love this little bastard, but dji support is very slow
2020-2-3
Use props
fans59df46f8
New

South Africa

GaryDoug Posted at 1-21 20:21
Funny story for a newbie...well sorta. I removed the props when I first received the mini (I forget the reason) and reinstalled them. The mini refused to take off. I thought a long time and assumed it must be operator error of some ilk. Then I thought....are the props the same or not? No they are not and I then realized you have to install them a particular way according to the markings. Problem solved. Anyway, I thought it was funny ;-)

Thanks for the info ... i just bought a Mavic mini demo unit and it refused to fly.
After i saw this post , i checked my Mavic Mini and  saw that someone had installed the props incorrectly.  
2020-2-22
Use props
Baimin Xia
lvl.1

Canada

Hi DJI

My drone usually works, but for some reason last time I was flying, it said the motor had some sort of issue and told me to land the drone and replace the beeping arm's propellers. I did that, but next time I tried to fly, that same arm's propeller I changed did not lift off. As a result, the drone couldn't take off because of the motor. I took off the propeller and reinstalled them, but it still does not work. I BELIEVE SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THE MOTER, therefore.
2020-6-9
Use props
djiuser_O3E60zI3rsKZ
New

United States

After updating software and firmware, my drone will not take off to fly after the green take off button appears and after I press and hold down! Anyone know why?
2020-6-26
Use props
Droneflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1811322 ft
South Africa

djiuser_O3E60zI3rsKZ Posted at 6-26 16:22
After updating software and firmware, my drone will not take off to fly after the green take off button appears and after I press and hold down! Anyone know why?

check if your props are installed correctly
2020-6-27
Use props
Zbip57
lvl.4

Canada

Droneflier Posted at 6-27 08:07
check if your props are installed correctly

Like this.

AttachingPropellers.jpg
2020-6-27
Use props
djiuser_kM14clBhVGa7
New

New Zealand

Turn your location off on your phone if you haven't done so already. You are probably in a no fly zone
2020-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules