Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Best Working Practices To Prevent Fly Aways
123Next >
4747 84 2020-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 1-5 19:26
"If anyone wants to learn about good compass practice then checkout msinger above and ignore the myths ."

See highlighted in Red, that you suggest, which backs what I said.

Yes and msinger is correct but he can’t account for Dji changing it’s requirements, he explains why dji doesn’t.
2020-1-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 1-5 18:54
Why do something like that when it is not necessary.

Answer depends upon how you define "not necessary".  

Again with the rubbish, we are talking about the Mavic Mini and the advice your giving to users and your failure to edit the rubbish, there are no green bars red or blue, so your post clearly is wrong and should be edited .....
2020-1-6
Use props
izotop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388763 ft

Slovenia

ithere are lot of things to do and check (wind, weather, no-fly zones etc), but this 3 are really bare minimum, imo (as general drone use) : 1. wait for good gps lock, 2. let it fly still for a while and try basic manual movements to see any erratic behavior, 3. set RTH (which best to be used all the time, imo) at correct height, so drone doesnt hit anything on his way back in case of emergency.
p.s.

since i have m2p, i never calibrated anything, i maybe just once did get warning. i just check sensors in stetting anf they're all green, so i guess no need for that.

2020-1-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

For HT who still hasn’t shown where in the manual it tells you to calibrate compass by using indicators in your app

From what is probably your best and easiest manual to understand and it should be read by every mini user, Safety & Disclaimers

2020-1-6
Use props
lannes
Captain
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Can you please explain what will happen if you do a compass calibration when not requested  by the app ?

Will this create increased compass interefernce or cause other flight issues etc. ?

2020-1-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

lannes Posted at 1-6 04:41
Can you please explain what will happen if you do a compass calibration when not requested  by the app ?

Will this create increased compass interefernce or cause other flight issues etc. ?

Well if your compass is working correctly you cannot make it work better by calibrating, but if you calibrate it wrongly then you can make it worse, so some common sense is required here, why would you if you cannot particularly with Mavic mini you have no way of checking whether you have done any damage by calibration.
The message from post 16 is totally wrong and does not apply to Mavic mini as there is no way to check what you have or have not done.
The question by the OP clearly asks for experienced people to advise from experience and no how and probably the most experienced pilot that has been around here since dot has given good reliable information from his experience.

Your drone is yours to do as you please to calibrate as many times as you choose, but experience teaches us that doing so in the past has been detrimental to many when it was not needed .
2020-1-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

My grandson and I follow the excellent gouge in Post 14 and it has served us well.  I feel strongly that most new flyers would be best served following it as well.  I have many hours with the Skydio R1 bu the MM is totally different so I have relied on the advice of flyers who have a MM and to date is has never failed me.   
2020-1-6
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-6 03:19
Again it’s your complete ignorance and your willingness to spread information that honestly you know nothing about.

In all those instances in Mavic 2 Mavic Air and now Mavic mini you will be prompted to calibrate compass without fail.

Blah, blah, blah.

hallmark007, you intentionally used a screen snap shot NOT from Mavic Mini, to save face and discredit me.  Instead you discredit yourself.  

You have once again shown you can NOT be trusted.  It is clear there is no line you will not cross.  You are a danger to drone community.
2020-1-6
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-6 03:41
Why would you redact information from your post that was correctly posted directly from your safety and disclaimer manual page 2 (warning) you don’t own a mini you posted rubbish In post 16 and it’s that rubbish that needs to be redacted.

Maybe you can show everybody where it advises users to calibrate using your ridiculous method that doesn’t exist ?

hallmark007 you are Fraud.  You will intentionally mislead forum members, because of your Ego!
2020-1-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 1-6 06:39
Blah, blah, blah.

hallmark007, you intentionally used a screen snap shot NOT from Mavic Mini, to save face and discredit me.  Instead you discredit yourself.  

Look above you can clearly see it’s from the mini are you really that stupid and it’s becoming clear that most think you gave completely wrong advice as usual , edit it ...
2020-1-6
Use props
Ice_2k
Captain
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

seriously guys, you are both contributing to making these topics unreadable.... can't you just ignore each other and be done with it?
2020-1-6
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-6 03:25
Now how are Mavic Mini users able to measure the strength of weakness in their compass that you are clearly advising them against the advice of their safety manual which is also djis disclaimer manual.

Mavic mini users are advised NOT TO CALIBRATE UNLESS PROMPTED , yet you tell them they should maybe tell them how and when and if you can’t then edit post 16 above because it’s incorrect.

hallmark007 - "Mavic mini users are advised NOT TO CALIBRATE UNLESS PROMPTED"

Mavic Mini manual proves you are a fraud.  

It is recommended that the compass is calibrated in any of the following situations when flying outdoors:
1. Flying at a location further than 31 miles (50 km) away from the location the drone was last flown.
2. The aircraft has not been flown for more than 30 days.
3. A compass interference warning appears in DJI Fly and/or the aircraft status indicator blinks red and yellow alternatively.

You would rather Trash-n-Troll, than help DJI pilots with the truth.

2020-1-6
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-6 06:44
Look above you can clearly see it’s from the mini are you really that stupid and it’s becoming clear that most think you gave completely wrong advice as usual , edit it ...

Screen snap shot I posted came from Mavic Mini Manual.
What you posted was not!

Like Trash-n-Troll you are, now you are trying to Twist it.

2020-1-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 1-6 06:48
hallmark007 - "Mavic mini users are advised NOT TO CALIBRATE UNLESS PROMPTED"

Mavic Mini manual proves you are a fraud.  

Yes and for each of those events M2 Mavic Air Mavic Zoom and mini you will be prompted to calibrate which exactly matches with what I said.

I will ask again HOW CAN SOMEONE CALIBRATE A MAVIC MINI COMPASS USING INDICATORS YOU SAY IT HAS ?

Or do you need to delete your post .
2020-1-6
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-6 04:00
For HT who still hasn’t shown where in the manual it tells you to calibrate compass by using indicators in your app

From what is probably your best and easiest manual to understand and it should be read by every mini user, Safety & Disclaimers

From DJI's Mavic Mini User manual.  Page #44

2020-1-6
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-6 06:59
Yes and for each of those events M2 Mavic Air Mavic Zoom and mini you will be prompted to calibrate which exactly matches with what I said.

I will ask again HOW CAN SOMEONE CALIBRATE A MAVIC MINI COMPASS USING INDICATORS YOU SAY IT HAS ?

More Twists and SPIN to distract from fact - You knowingly posted misinformation.  
What you posted did NOT come from Mavic Mini manual as you tried to Fake-off.

You would rather discredit somebody with lies, than post facts.
hallmark007, you have proven you can NOT be trusted!
2020-1-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 1-6 06:57
Screen snap shot I posted came from Mavic Mini Manual.
What you posted was not!

Yes it wa# from the mini manual, there are more than one manual for all dji drones and in fact the manuals hard copies that arrive with your drone contain safety and disclaimer manual so it’s pretty simple this is an extremely important part of your set of manuals .

You still have not said how to calibrate Mavic mini using indicators that don’t exist or where you just making this up ?
2020-1-6
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Pre-flight Checklist from Mavic Mini User Manual page #37

Mavic-Mini_Pre-flight-checklist

Mavic-Mini_Pre-flight-checklist

2020-1-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 1-6 07:07
More Twists and SPIN to distract from fact - You knowingly posted misinformation.  
What you posted did NOT come from Mavic Mini manual as you tried to Fake-off.

Again you posted ridiculous information for Mavic mini users it’s totally incorrect several people have now brought this to your attention, but your more interested in arguing whether you say that the safety and disclaimer document is part of the manual or not.

So please show and explain since you posted the rubbish.

1/ where it says in the manual to calibrate compass using indicators that are not in the app.
2/ why are you advising something to mini users that their disclaimer clearly tells them not to do and it doesn’t contradict manual simply because what’s mentioned in the manual are 3 things that you will be prompted every time to do, you would have known this if you owned any of the craft I mentioned above.

3/ you need to edit bad information you gave in post 19
2020-1-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 1-6 07:02
From DJI's Mavic Mini User manual.  Page #44

https://forum44.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/202001/05/210054pvjwhx5jvhvmvzev.jpg[/img]

You keep posting that page, but show us where it says to calibrate using indicators as you advised ?
2020-1-6
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-6 07:20
Again you posted ridiculous information for Mavic mini users it’s totally incorrect several people have now brought this to your attention, but your more interested in arguing whether you say that the safety and disclaimer document is part of the manual or not.

So please show and explain since you posted the rubbish.

So now your claim is me posting screen snap shots from DJI's Mavic Mini User manual is totally incorrect... Even when I provide a link back to DJI's own webpage, with Mavic Mini User manual?

Seriously?  
Is there no low you won't stoop to save face and discredit others?
2020-1-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

This Fool has now called me a liar a fraud, he accused me of posting stuff from other manuals, I think he owes everybody here an apology.

In post 19 he posted that it is acceptable to calibrate compass using indicators in your dji fly app, this is 100% wrong there are no indicators in dji fly app, he said you could improve your compass using this method, that’s 100% as far as the mini is concerned, in fact you are just as much likely to get calibration wrong as you are to make any difference. He has refused to delete or edit post 19 and seems to be standing by what he said.

But correct procedure should be DONT CALIBRATE UNLESS PROMPTED , if you travel 50km or you haven’t used drone for 1 month your app will prompt you to calibrate this is automatic, so following your manual and disclaimer and safety manual and the best advice you have received from experience drone pilots this will be the best advice you’ll get, the advice you got in post 19 does not refer to a Mavic mini in any circumstances, so maybe HT will remove this and we can all move on with what we should be discussing.
2020-1-6
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-6 07:22
You keep posting that page, but show us where it says to calibrate using indicators as you advised ?

You keep trying to distract forum members from fact - you made a false post, and when real information (snap-shot with link to DJI below) was posted from DJI's Mavic Mini's manual, you tried cover it up.  And are still trying to bury it.

Mavic Mini User Manual Page #44
https://forum44.djicdn.com/data/ ... w00irv4hwishv46.jpg

2020-1-6
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-6 07:38
This Fool has now called me a liar a fraud, he accused me of posting stuff from other manuals, I think he owes everybody here an apology.

In post 19 he posted that it is acceptable to calibrate compass using indicators in your dji fly app, this is 100% wrong there are no indicators in dji fly app, he said you could improve your compass using this method, that’s 100% as far as the mini is concerned, in fact you are just as much likely to get calibration wrong as you are to make any difference. He has refused to delete or edit post 19 and seems to be standing by what he said.

More of your Blah, blah, blah.

I have posted Link to Mavic Mini's User Manual on DJI's Website which shows you to be full of B.lowing S.moke.
You have not!
2020-1-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 1-6 07:26
So now your claim is me posting screen snap shots from DJI's Mavic Mini User manual is totally incorrect... Even when I provide a link back to DJI's own webpage, with Mavic Mini User manual?

Seriously?  

No I didn’t so don’t be trying to change the subject and read the posts, you gave information that is both incorrect and possibly detrimental to users regarding calibrating compass on Mavic Mini, and you should remove all you wrote in post 19 because it doesn’t pertain to Mavic mini and is useless information any way, so just remove the incorrect information and move on you got it wrong nobody died accept and go about your business.
2020-1-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 1-6 07:43
More of your Blah, blah, blah.

I have posted Link to Mavic Mini's User Manual on DJI's Website which shows you to be full of B.lowing S.moke.

I posted a screenshot of what every Mavic mini user received with their drone, and now you are just making yourself look like the idiot you are .
2020-1-6
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-6 07:46
I posted a screenshot of what every Mavic mini user received with their drone, and now you are just making yourself look like the idiot you are .

You lectured me on not knowing what is in Mavic Mini Manual, using a crafted crop from who knows where.
Whereas I posted screen snap shots taken from DJI's official Mavic Mini Manual as downloadable from DJI's website.  And have posted Links back to DJI's Official Mavic Mini Manual and you have NOT.

Instead we get is blah, blah, blah, bury, bury, bury, and more Trash-n-Troll.
2020-1-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 1-6 07:39
You keep trying to distract forum members from fact - you made a false post, and when real information (snap-shot with link to DJI below) was posted from DJI's Mavic Mini's manual, you tried cover it up.  And are still trying to bury it.

Mavic Mini User Manual Page #44

No I’m not trying to bury anything, but you are now coming across as a complete fool, again refusing to answer the question.

HOW CAN A MAVIC MINI USER IMPROVE HIS COMPASS BY USING INDICATORS IN HIS FLY APP ?

Was this something you made up to try challenge what was posted in post 14 , I believe it was, but it was something you fabricated and now most on this thread would prefer you removed it, you tried with geebax last night to trash this thread as you usually do, instead of simply admitting you were wrong you continued to post more than 10 posts all wrong , you are no continuing this charade completely ignoring the elephant in the room which is post 19 which is completely wrong, your refusing to remove it your not even backing it up now because it doesn’t belong on this thread and if you hadn’t if posted it then this thread would not have escalated to what it is now.

Hedgetrimmer you got post 19 completely wrong just remove it move on I think everyone is getting sick of this now.
2020-1-6
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-6 07:44
No I didn’t so don’t be trying to change the subject and read the posts, you gave information that is both incorrect and possibly detrimental to users regarding calibrating compass on Mavic Mini, and you should remove all you wrote in post 19 because it doesn’t pertain to Mavic mini and is useless information any way, so just remove the incorrect information and move on you got it wrong nobody died accept and go about your business.

Ironically, you go after me for posting: "As long as you follow rules and method for compass calibration - There is no harm in calibrating a drone's compass(es), even if you have not gotten a compass calibration message.", because you claimed MM manual said to "Only calibrate the compass when ..."

Now, where in DJI's Mavic Mini User Manual does it recommended what you stated in post #14?
(Not saying it isn't good advice.  Only demonstrating your arrogance.)

Made-Up

Made-Up

2020-1-6
Use props
Droneflier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1811322 ft
South Africa

maybe the two off you should change addresses and phone numbers and go on a date LOMBLMAO
2020-1-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 1-6 07:55
You lectured me on not knowing what is in Mavic Mini Manual, using a crafted crop from who knows where.
Whereas I posted screen snap shots taken from DJI's official Mavic Mini Manual as downloadable from DJI's website.  And have posted Links back to DJI's Official Mavic Mini Manual and you have NOT.

Do you know how much of an idiot you are making yourself look now.

Document I posted is a document that every user of dji fly app has received, in fact if you download the app you will see it there.

But the problem is you don’t own a Mavic mini so you don’t know how it works, but you think it’s ok to post what is completely incorrect information to basically new mini users which is likely to be detrimental to them, “for this you obviously don’t care”
You keep going on about posting something from the manual, but you failed to clear up what this was originally about, instead try trash the thread by avoiding the question which is your trait.

So for everybody here answer the simple question for once in your life and stop being a TIT .

How can a Mavic mini user calibrate his compass using indicators like you said, if he can’t remove your post simple , or continue to trash , I think I know and other members know which one you will choose .
2020-1-6
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-6 07:58
No I’m not trying to bury anything, but you are now coming across as a complete fool, again refusing to answer the question.

HOW CAN A MAVIC MINI USER IMPROVE HIS COMPASS BY USING INDICATORS IN HIS FLY APP ?

I have nothing to admit to being wrong about.

You on other hand have a lot to admit and apologize for.  You used deception to come after me, and when your deception was pointed out; you repeated your fabrications.  

When presented with undeniable evidence from DJI; you went into your usual Twist, SPIN, false accusations, and Trash-n-Troll modus operandi.

Given your history of making incorrect posts, and refusing to acknowledge you got it wrong, like with NFZ and GPS, anybody listening to you needs to first verify what you say with unbiased factual source.
2020-1-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 1-6 08:04
Ironically, you go after me for posting: "As long as you follow rules and method for compass calibration - There is no harm in calibrating a drone's compass(es), even if you have not gotten a compass calibration message.", because you claimed MM manual said to "Only calibrate the compass when ..."

Now, where in DJI's Mavic Mini User Manual does it recommended what you stated in post #14?

You are a complete idiot,
Answer the question or delete your post, your an ass and I may say a drunk ass what you just posted makes no sense whatsoever, but it was my post 14 that resulted in you trying to advise users to do something that’s completely wrong so remove it you fool .

What an ass .
2020-1-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 1-6 08:11
I have nothing to admit to being wrong about.

You on other hand have a lot to admit and apologize for.  You used deception to come after me, and when your deception was pointed out; you repeated your fabrications.  

So explain to everyone just once.

HOW CAN A MAVIC MINI USER CALIBRATE HIS COMPASS AS HEDGETRIMMER ADVISED BY USING INDICATORS IN THE APP .

CMON HEDGETRIMMER IS THIS MADE UP OR A LIE OR TO CONFUSE,

HEDGETRIMMER DOSENT OWN A MAVIC MINI AND THE INFORMATION IS DETRIMENTAL TO AND MINI USER, AND THIS GUY HAS MUCH FORM IN DISHING OUT RIDICULOUS INFORMATION.
1D2478D2-4EAE-4E11-8EEC-3F81A1A99C85.jpeg
2020-1-6
Use props
Droneflier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1811322 ft
South Africa

Hey guys you both make good comments and give excellent advise, please don't make it into a contest. Keep it in the spirit of helping one another, I am sure even a newbie can contribute to old experts like your selves. Who cares who owns what drone and who knows more. If this war between the two of you does not come to an end I am going to set up a test out of 100 marks in regards DJI drones and determine who is the cleverest of us all for once and all.
2020-1-6
Use props
fansa029aa8c
Second Officer
Flight distance : 568340 ft
  • >>>
United States

So if I understand this correctly, as I skipped over all the childish bickering posts, I should only calibrate my compass when told to do so in the app - period. Plan to head to the mountains later this week and do some filming with my P3 Pro, Spark, Mavic and Mini. I remember the days when they said to calibrate the compass when traveling more than 60 miles. Then around the Mavic timeframe and Spark timeframe they changed the stance and said only to calibrate when prompted to do so. So if I travel 200 miles west, into the mountains, and am not prompted to calibrate the compass  I don't even though I traveled more than say 50 miles. Correct?

Thanks.
2020-1-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fansa029aa8c Posted at 1-6 08:34
So if I understand this correctly, as I skipped over all the childish bickering posts, I should only calibrate my compass when told to do so in the app - period. Plan to head to the mountains later this week and do some filming with my P3 Pro, Spark, Mavic and Mini. I remember the days when they said to calibrate the compass when traveling more than 60 miles. Then around the Mavic timeframe and Spark timeframe they changed the stance and said only to calibrate when prompted to do so. So if I travel 200 miles west, into the mountains, and am not prompted to calibrate the compass  I don't even though I traveled more than say 50 miles. Correct?

Thanks.

Yes that’s correct and ignore post 19 as it’s impossible to complete this using the fly app with Mavic mini .you will be prompted.
2020-1-6
Use props
Vim Fueago
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21558 ft
United Kingdom

So 6 pages of useless bickering amongst childish users that avoid my question, I came up with my own action plan:

Use UAV Forecast with maximum capabilities set and obey it's advice.
Set as low a RTH height as you can get away with in your surroundings
I bought florescent skin to make it easier to see in air (and worst case on ground)
I wrote my phone number and REWARD on the skin
Obey all warnings in app
Only take off with > 8 satellite locks
Return closer to home when down to 40%
Use sport mode in all but gentle breeze

That's my list. Hopefully enough .  As I get experience, I might tweak things.

2020-1-16
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Captain
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Vim Fueago Posted at 1-16 21:30
So 6 pages of useless bickering amongst childish users that avoid my question, I came up with my own action plan:

Use UAV Forecast with maximum capabilities set and obey it's advice.

Good starting points.
Also better 10-11 sats, perform the hoover for some seconds plus all stick inputs.
Consider winds may be 2, 3 or 4 times stronger the more you ascend.
Get a Vifly Beacon, it helps finding the drone if it crashes or lands due to low battery.
Try fly VLOS at all times.
Do not fly with obstacles between RC and AC.

An important piece of advise is start easy and fly near you, and grow from there, no need to find out how high or far it can go before being experienced, take 5 to 10h to get comfortable with AC, learn to RTH manually and use the compass indicator or GPS map.
2020-1-17
Use props
fans461cbed1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8117 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

99% of MM "fly aways" are actually "blown aways".
If you keep the MM inside the case when it's windy, you'll reduce the risk of loosing the drone with 99%.
2020-1-17
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules