Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ipad Mini
966 5 2020-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bigplumbs
Captain
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I know many are using the stretched Iphone App with DJI Fly on their Ipad Mini.

I was wondering when DJI will make the app work properly on what is generally considered the best tablet for DJI Drones
2020-1-5
Use props
lannes
Captain
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It's not really "stretched" on the Ipad mini screen it's in perspective just not full screen like the DJI Go4, but it's entirely usable from my point of view.
2020-1-5
Use props
BobWinNV
Captain
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

lannes Posted at 1-5 01:45
It's not really "stretched" on the Ipad mini screen it's in perspective just not full screen like the DJI Go4, but it's entirely usable from my point of view.

It also does not display full warnings do to the non-native display. It will display a couple of words then ...  
Apple makes it easy to incorporate multiple display sizes in the apps so there is really no excuse for not fixing it
2020-1-5
Use props
lannes
Captain
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

BobWinNV Posted at 1-5 01:55
It also does not display full warnings do to the non-native display. It will display a couple of words then ...  
Apple makes it easy to incorporate multiple display sizes in the apps so there is really no excuse for not fixing it

On my ipad mini 4 , it's only missing about 2cm top and bottom, the left and right hand border cannot be extended due the home button and the ipad camera.
So from my point of view to keep the 16:9 perspective the screen has to be masked a little bit at the top and bottom.

If you've got the camera set to 4:3, the view does shrink to keep this perspective when you select photo mode, but goes back up to 16:9 when you use video again.
I have set !6:9 for the camera so the view is always maximised and not cropped.

With the non display of full warnings , do you mean the top message bar where the error messages are shortend by ...
I believe this is by design,  as you tap the error message it will open up the preflight screen with the message detail and options
2020-1-5
Use props
Bigplumbs
Captain
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It just is not designed for the Ipad at the moment... I know there seems to be work arounds but I would like it functioning properly as it does on my iPhone 6s
2020-1-5
Use props
BobWinNV
Captain
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

lannes Posted at 1-5 02:33
On my ipad mini 4 , it's only missing about 2cm top and bottom, the left and right hand border cannot be extended due the home button and the ipad camera.
So from my point of view to keep the 16:9 perspective the screen has to be masked a little bit at the top and bottom.

I am talking about error messages in flight. They display in full on my iPhone but not on the iPad mini due to the screen and message boxes only being designed for iPhone sized screens with no effort being put into other device displays.
2020-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules