MM dropping in altitude with no down stick control.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Droneflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1811322 ft
South Africa

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/6OGQ3HOB1Z9F1782NWXU

DJI Technical please look into there may be a bug in sport mode with the MM

I discovered yesterday when I flew 200 meters out at a constant height of 50 meters in Sport Mode and low light conditions (Sensors where not showing any problems yet), on returning I noticed that the drone was coming back to me as expected with me holding the right stick all the way up, however the MM was also dropping in altitude with out me touching the left stick. I pushed the right stick up to get the MM heading back to me and the same happened the drone moved towards me but also lost altitude at a fair rate. Thinking maybe this was just a once off I sent the MM out same height and distance and the same happened again. I have trees around 15 Meters high around my house and this could potentially be an accident waiting to happen should I loose sight of my MM.

2020-1-5
Use props
Droneflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1811322 ft
South Africa

DJI Technical please also look at

1) setting up the RETURN TO HOME button on the controller to work as RTH as the first function and a double press for Immediate Landing. This should take a lot of confusion out of the DJI logic on this drone. If I press return to home on my other DJI drones that is exactly what they do.
2) Should anything go wrong during a flight force the MM to hover and then allow the RP work on options to overcome the error prior to just landing the MM or RTH.
2020-1-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Droneflier. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused you and thank you for giving out these information with is. I will cascade these information and this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention and evaluation. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2020-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules