12Next >
4255 46 2020-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TECHNOZON
lvl.2
Flight distance : 179993 ft
Ukraine

So. Today we tested range. If in area exist one Wi-Fi router on 2.4 Ghz Mavic mini just won't work and dropped connection in 30 metres. If you are in deep area without any points of wifi 2.4 it could work. 500 M alt and around 800 metres.... BUT IF I TURNING ON WI FI POINT IN MY CAR.... MAVIC LOSING CONNECTION. I think this issue with 1-13 channels in 2.4 range. Mavic 2 pro in the same place and same time on 2.4 rang works ABSOLUTELY FINE. 500 m Alt and 4000-5000 range....

DJI HOW TO FIX MY MINI???? STOP SILENCE ABOUT THIS PROBLEM

2020-1-5
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mavic 2 Pro uses a different control system called Ocusync and has far fewer issues
2020-1-5
Use props
ARTPiranha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1115725 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Just don't turn on your wifi point in your car! another good idea is to turn your mobile device in airplane mod
2020-1-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Get out of the car .
2020-1-5
Use props
WrongWay Feldman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19885 ft
United States

You have a source of interference, you know how to stop the interference but you want DJI to do something?

This reminds me of a doctor visit once. I have heart disease, I'm on a bunch of medication, if I stand up too fast I get very dizzy. I asked the doctor what to do about it, he said "don't stand up so fast".

Turn your vehicle's wifi off and step away from the vehicle. Seems like a simple fix.
2020-1-5
Use props
TECHNOZON
lvl.2
Ukraine

You really don't understand? We can't use our drones in city line. I turned on wife just for test. I wasn't in car. I was in 30 metres. And only one point of wifi just killing possibility of drone usage.

In the city line range is 30 metres. NOT MORE. NOT 35. NOT 40... 30 METRES.... IN airplane mode of smartphone
2020-1-5
Use props
WrongWay Feldman
lvl.4
United States

TECHNOZON Posted at 1-5 14:09
You really don't understand? We can't use our drones in city line. I turned on wife just for test. I wasn't in car. I was in 30 metres. And only one point of wifi just killing possibility of drone usage.

In the city line range is 30 metres. NOT MORE. NOT 35. NOT 40... 30 METRES.... IN airplane mode of smartphone

Have you tried other locations?

I have a couple spots near my home where I would like to fly but for some reason I get terrible signal and lose connection. I solved the problem by moving to another location.

In other words, do you have the problem at every location you want to fly or just a couple locations?

If it's everywhere then contact DJI support. If it flies normally at other locations what would you like DJI to do?
2020-1-5
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

You get what you pay for.  Only cost a fourth of what most DJI drones sell for.
2020-1-5
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

I think I've lost my Mini because of that... but I didn't have any warning until it lost the connection and did not RTH. The problem in my case was not the range rather the indicators, no warning notices for minutes, full signal meter until the end.
2020-1-5
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

TECHNOZON Posted at 1-5 14:09
You really don't understand? We can't use our drones in city line. I turned on wife just for test. I wasn't in car. I was in 30 metres. And only one point of wifi just killing possibility of drone usage.

I turned on wife just for test. I wasn't in car.

Now, that is just asking for a divorce.  
2020-1-5
Use props
Gray Volk
lvl.2
United States

My record is 1.5km in urban area. Don't know what the problem is in your case (some jammers around?), but I'm interested to know. May be something every MM pilot should be aware of.
2020-1-5
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

At the very least, a directional spiral antenna with a high gain will solve your problem.
2020-1-5
Use props
Tasos GR
First Officer
Flight distance : 15880722 ft
  • >>>
Greece

1000m easy in city... (at 12:26')
2020-1-5
Use props
TECHNOZON
lvl.2
Ukraine

People who writing about mavic mini in countries with 5.8 Ghz Mavics I'm very happy that you don't have troubles.

We talk about 2.4 range. In many counties 5.8 locked in MAVIC.

If DJI will unlock 5.8 we will solve this issue
2020-1-5
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You need to try it outside of the City as I also think you have an issue with your particular drone
2020-1-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi TECHNOZON, sorry that I didn't notice you have replied to my post with the logs in your previous thread. You mentioned you have sent in the drone before, how was the evaluation?
You only provide us the flight records, we also need the log data and the APP logs. Please check the second part (App Log Export) here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-204201-1-1.html

Exporting Flight Controller Aircraft Data:
(1) Download DJI Assistant 2 from the official website. Download link: https://www.dji.com/cn/mavic-mini/downloads
(2) Launch DJI Assistant 2. Within 20 seconds after the Mavic Mini is powered on, connect it to DJI Assistant 2.
(3) After DJI Assistant 2 recognizes the aircraft, choose "Log Export", and then click "Save to local".
(4) The final exported data are ".dat" files.
2020-1-6
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

TECHNOZON Posted at 1-5 23:31
People who writing about mavic mini in countries with 5.8 Ghz Mavics I'm very happy that you don't have troubles.

Those who wanted to have long done everything on CE drones at a frequency of 5.8 g..
2020-1-6
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

TECHNOZON Posted at 1-5 23:31

are you saying you don't have 5.8 at all in Ukraine? The normal CE version has a (low) power 5.8Ghz radio on it which should be good for a maximum of 500m.
2020-1-6
Use props
TECHNOZON
lvl.2
Ukraine

Bigplumbs Posted at 1-5 23:45
You need to try it outside of the City as I also think you have an issue with your particular drone

It was in service in Ukraine. And Service Center gave me paper where written that drone don't have any technical issue
2020-1-6
Use props
TECHNOZON
lvl.2
Ukraine

Ice_2k Posted at 1-6 02:17
are you saying you don't have 5.8 at all in Ukraine? The normal CE version has a (low) power 5.8Ghz radio on it which should be good for a maximum of 500m.

In Ukraine 5.8 locked by DJI!!!

Xiaomi drones flying in 5.8 without troubles
2020-1-6
Use props
TECHNOZON
lvl.2
Ukraine

Bigplumbs Posted at 1-5 23:45

not only my drone. It is general problem.

One of the post
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=202021
2020-1-6
Use props
TECHNOZON
lvl.2
Ukraine

Alevpi Posted at 1-6 02:07
Those who wanted to have long done everything on CE drones at a frequency of 5.8 g..

How to unlock 5.8 without fake wifi?
Because i need map )))
2020-1-6
Use props
cK-mini
lvl.3
Indonesia

Maybe you should try and buy ARMY drones..   that will be no range issue i think..
2020-1-6
Use props
izotop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388763 ft

Slovenia

all wifi controlled drones have similiar problems, where interference from other routers etc can be problematic.
but what is problem are for ex.  general eu rules about signal, which are forcing all manufactures to adjust controllers to  different frequencies etc, which could potentially means less range, more cut out problems etc.
2020-1-6
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I think we are all missing the point

The OP's AC is faulty and should be returned, a mini should be able to fly further than 30m from the controller in a wi-fi dense environment, let alone in a country field with a phone turned on nearby.

We've all seen the video of MM's flying about cities and suburbs with many 2.4ghz wireless networks and not having many interference problems, the OP's experience with the MM is not standard.

Have you refreshed the firmware and upgraded to 0.400 in both the RC, AC and batteries ?  If not use DJI Assistant 2 on the PC to do so

The transmission power of CE 2.4ghz is much higher than the 5.8ghz, so you would want to use this 2.4 ghz for range anyway

2020-1-6
Use props
Savage3006
lvl.4
Flight distance : 156709 ft
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 1-5 18:05
I turned on wife just for test. I wasn't in car.

Now, that is just asking for a divorce.

to much info!!!!!!!
2020-1-6
Use props
WrongWay Feldman
lvl.4
United States

lannes Posted at 1-6 05:10

The OP's AC is faulty and should be returned, a mini should be able to fly further than 30m from the controller in a wi-fi dense environment, let alone in a country field with a phone turned on nearby.

But it's unclear if the problem occurs everywhere he tries to fly.

If it occurs everywhere than the Mini may have a problem. If it occurs only in some places but resolves when moving to a different location then the problem is likely some sort of interference in the location where it fails.

My Mini lost communication about 20 feet up in a couple locations. I landed and moved about a mile away and the problem resolved. To me, that's not a defect with the drone, it means there is some sort of interference in those locations.

There is no way I would begin to troubleshoot that when a very simple solution exists.
2020-1-6
Use props
TECHNOZON
lvl.2
Ukraine

cK-mini Posted at 1-6 04:46
Maybe you should try and buy ARMY drones..   that will be no range issue i think..

I have mavic 2 pro. And in the same locations it flying on 2.4 without problems to 4 or 5 km...

But mini don't.
2020-1-6
Use props
TECHNOZON
lvl.2
Ukraine

lannes Posted at 1-6 05:10

The OP's AC is faulty and should be returned, a mini should be able to fly further than 30m from the controller in a wi-fi dense environment, let alone in a country field with a phone turned on nearby.

Everything upgraded.
2020-1-6
Use props
TECHNOZON
lvl.2
Ukraine

WrongWay Feldman Posted at 1-6 05:32

If it occurs everywhere than the Mini may have a problem. If it occurs only in some places but resolves when moving to a different location then the problem is likely some sort of interference in the location where it fails.

I found one location without 2.4 points and mini done 500 m alt. and 800 m distance. But with losses of connetion sometimes.
I think it is regional problem. In Ukraine. And some countries. As we know every country have different open channels in 2.4 Ghz. In Ukraine 1-13 channel is highly polluted.
2020-1-6
Use props
the1shark
lvl.3
Flight distance : 43156 ft
Israel

Bigplumbs Posted at 1-5 08:50
Mavic 2 Pro uses a different control system called Ocusync and has far fewer issues

And its price is three times more expensive..
2020-1-6
Use props
cK-mini
lvl.3
Indonesia

TECHNOZON Posted at 1-6 05:40
I have mavic 2 pro. And in the same locations it flying on 2.4 without problems to 4 or 5 km...

But mini don't.

This OcuSync 2.0 technology supports both 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz frequency bands, featuring stronger interference resistance and automatic switching capabilities to deliver the 5 mile (8 km) 1080p video transmission feeds.. maybe it helps..
mini use only wifi range bandwidth maybe (cmiiw).. and within 5km range in an urban area, what u gonna do?? a geographic survey of a roof model????? cmon dude.. buy airplane instead of drone.. it can fly u more thousand miles..
2020-1-6
Use props
cK-mini
lvl.3
Indonesia

WrongWay Feldman Posted at 1-6 05:32

If it occurs everywhere than the Mini may have a problem. If it occurs only in some places but resolves when moving to a different location then the problem is likely some sort of interference in the location where it fails.

agreed.....
it just like giving a command to ur dog pet, within a hundred other dogs around..  
2020-1-6
Use props
TECHNOZON
lvl.2
Ukraine

cK-mini Posted at 1-6 09:01
This OcuSync 2.0 technology supports both 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz frequency bands, featuring stronger interference resistance and automatic switching capabilities to deliver the 5 mile (8 km) 1080p video transmission feeds.. maybe it helps..
mini use only wifi range bandwidth maybe (cmiiw).. and within 5km range in an urban area, what u gonna do?? a geographic survey of a roof model????? cmon dude.. buy airplane instead of drone.. it can fly u more thousand miles..

On my mavic 2 pro in Ukraine works only 2.4.
5.8 not active
2020-1-6
Use props
SafariMan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 67703 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Flying at an alt of 500m ? Sounds a bit high for Ukraine , niet?
2020-1-6
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

No range issues for me with a CE version 1300m no issues
2020-1-6
Use props
TECHNOZON
lvl.2
Ukraine

SafariMan Posted at 1-6 12:40

No it is not
2020-1-6
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you are talking about above sea level it isn't, but without clarification it sounds as if you are flying at 500m altitude as listed on the display. That is around 1640 feet and is considerably high.
2020-1-6
Use props
TECHNOZON
lvl.2
Ukraine

Alevpi Posted at 1-5 22:48
At the very least, a directional spiral antenna with a high gain will solve your problem.

i think about that. May be i'll try it
2020-1-6
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

SafariMan Posted at 1-6 12:40

In Russia, for example, you can fly 10000 meters high. ;-)

2020-1-6
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules