With the Crystal Sky, we are on our own
2867 16 2020-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Hello All,

It appears that with the Crystal Sky, and I am sure with other products also, we are on our own when it comes to DJI.

I am not sure what happened to DJI in the last couple of years but originally when I bought my first Phantom 3 Standard back in like 2014, they were very responsive to customer concerns. Since that time it's been a downward spiral. In my opinion, a significant turn happened when the whole scandel occured of their people "skimming" off the top with an internal corruption scandel. This was regarding inflating prices back in the begining of 2019. DJI estimated a 150 Million dollar loss.

Where will they make it up you say? On the backs of their customers by failing to give  adequate customer support as they are not providing the care and engineering they once did.   They are not dedicating engineers to research and correct hardware and software concerns. As a result, we have dead products like the Crystal Sky.

In any case, if anyone is able to reverse enginner the Crystal Sky by rooting or correcting the unit to work with units like the Mavic Mini, please share your results.

Good luck and please pay attention for any user updates!

2020-1-5
Use props
mAIRs
Second Officer
Australia

I've done some research into flashing a units with the CS chipset and it looks possible...
I found a tools that flashes it to generic android... also emailed a couple IT companies to see whether they'd be interested to look into it...

Bottom line I decided to keep using my CS as it is... namely Go 4.3.16, firmware v2.06 since i can work around the bugs to a point to get some flying done.... and use it is as a (limited) tablet to play movies, forums etc while on the plane, 5-6 hours of battery helps...

This is until I get my new, NON DJI, drone and either sell DJI gear all as a package, risk flashing the CS once its become useless OR flash immediately if I get my hands on a cheap CS as people will be selling them.

I would love to have the CS flashed with generic firmware... that would be worth $$$ and a finger FU to DJI...
2020-1-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

The Mavic Mini is an entry-level product that is used with our brand-new app DJI Fly, it is not compatible with CrystalSky. We will continue to optimize this product according to customer feedback.
2020-1-6
Use props
mAIRs
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-6 05:22
The Mavic Mini is an entry-level product that is used with our brand-new app DJI Fly, it is not compatible with CrystalSky. We will continue to optimize this product according to customer feedback.

Thanks for the copy and paste garbage nothing answer...

Litchi will have MavicMini compatibility which will run on CrystalSky soon....
2020-1-6
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Mindy, thats a lame response. I told you that when it comes to dealing with you guys for support, its the worst experience. DJI seems to never see the customers' view or concerns. All you do is just blow them off with the DJI scripted response which I now know by heart "So sorry, our engineers are working on it, we will get back to you" That day never comes. In this country we have an old saying that the "customer is always right". Thats just good customer service and a philosophy that you guys can't seem to grasp. I have 7 DJI quadcopters and I thought I would be with you guys for the life of my experience in this hobby. Others beside myself are leaving DJI and you cant seem to grasp, keep the customer happy as they are our future customer who will buy the next unit we make. Thank goodness that you now have viable competition because you guys are the best advertisement for all these other companies. It's really kind of sad that DJI just does not get it.

With the Crystal Sky, maybe you have 600, 1000 or 2000 dollars to throw into a tablet that does not work correctly but for us, that's a lot of hard earned money. You still sell the thing in your refurbished products area. You probably need to be forthcoming and put in your store that it does not work with the Mavic Mini. It would have been nothing to throw the Mavic Mini into the "DJI Go" software package for your "experienced customers".

Are you guys at least releasing the Mavic Mini SDK package so that we might try to create software that will work with the Crystal Sky like you have done with your other quads? Michael Perry was devoted to that as in the SPARK but I guess that may be the reason he is no longer with you guys. It's sad because I really used to like DJI and used to tell many people how great your products were. Those days are gone.

I only wish you guys luck because maybe somebody can fix this mess you guys call customer service. I have said it before, this will ultimately be your downfall especially now with competetion that is extremely responsive to customer needs or issues.
2020-1-6
Use props
Sky Donkey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

jazzyjeff  thats a great post, factual and truthful..but save your breath.. DJI simply dont care... this have been proven time and time again …
2020-1-7
Use props
mAIRs
Second Officer
Australia

All we can do is let as many people know about DJI as possible.... Negatively review DJI where ever you can... all over the place... When you see someone fly a DJI drone, and only DJI drone, report them to FAA or your aviation authority, make people steer away from buying DJI, make DJI products poison to own... until they pull their finger out or truely suffer due to loss of revenue and change their attitude....
BTW, Because of DJI, I'm at the position that as far as I'm concerned the Chinese are lazy, rude and unreliable group of people... I treat Chinese as nothing but a useless commodity, someone you can't rely on to give you quality and I have started dismissing anyone who is Chinese out of my company... I do not want anything to do with China or Chinese as far as I can avoid it... when I go shopping and there is a non chinese alternative, I get that instead, even though its a bit more expensive... ebay, if location says its in china, or even the description stinks of chinese broken engrish, I DO NOT BUY... screw you DJI. AND if some lefty want to scream racists.. screw you too, no one cares what you "think"...

2020-1-7
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

mAIRs Posted at 1-7 05:38
All we can do is let as many people know about DJI as possible.... Negatively review DJI where ever you can... all over the place... When you see someone fly a DJI drone, and only DJI drone, report them to FAA or your aviation authority, make people steer away from buying DJI, make DJI products poison to own... until they pull their finger out or truely suffer due to loss of revenue and change their attitude....
BTW, Because of DJI, I'm at the position that as far as I'm concerned the Chinese are lazy, rude and unreliable group of people... I treat Chinese as nothing but a useless commodity, someone you can't rely on to give you quality and I have started dismissing anyone who is Chinese out of my company... I do not want anything to do with China or Chinese as far as I can avoid it... when I go shopping and there is a non chinese alternative, I get that instead, even though its a bit more expensive... ebay, if location says its in china, or even the description stinks of chinese broken engrish, I DO NOT BUY... screw you DJI. AND if some lefty want to scream racists.. screw you too, no one cares what you "think"...

Mairs, I have met some real nice Chinese folks who are hard working people. Don't let DJI tarnish your feeling towards a whole race of folks. That's not fair.

Autel is ultimately a Chinese company but they are smart enough to have a US based customer service office in Washington State that is stocked by US Guys. They are extremely receptive to comments and offer real support. I am so far very impressed by them.

DJI is just a bad company. They are completely mismanaged and I am sort of surprised that they are not out of business already. If they were in the US, the Better Business Buraeu would be all over them!
2020-1-7
Use props
mAIRs
Second Officer
Australia

jazzyjeff Posted at 1-7 14:47
Mairs, I have met some real nice Chinese folks who are hard working people. Don't let DJI tarnish your feeling towards a whole race of folks. That's not fair.

Autel is ultimately a Chinese company but they are smart enough to have a US based customer service office in Washington State that is stocked by US Guys. They are extremely receptive to comments and offer real support. I am so far very impressed by them.

You must have met some different chinese from me... the vast majority of the ones I met and employed are lazy, rude and disgusting... I mean they fart and belch in public, talk on designated quiet areas on transport services, can't drive.. hold up traffic by keeping to the fast lane by going slow, half the speed at times, and creating traffic jams... When in a chinese restaurant, they acted as if you're hurting their mothers when placing an order... are a few examples...
I didn't think into it this much until I had the missfortune of dealing with DJI, and wanted to give the benefit of the doubt.. but now... screw them, their low quality cheap products and their attitude... I just sent out the 2 or 4 week notices, depending on their aggrements, I'm done with them....

2020-1-7
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

mAIRs Posted at 1-7 19:42
You must have met some different chinese from me... the vast majority of the ones I met and employed are lazy, rude and disgusting... I mean they fart and belch in public, talk on designated quiet areas on transport services, can't drive.. hold up traffic by keeping to the fast lane by going slow, half the speed at times, and creating traffic jams... When in a chinese restaurant, they acted as if you're hurting their mothers when placing an order... are a few examples...
I didn't think into it this much until I had the missfortune of dealing with DJI, and wanted to give the benefit of the doubt.. but now... screw them, their low quality cheap products and their attitude... I just sent out the 2 or 4 week notices, depending on their aggrements, I'm done with them....

Mairs,

I am just a frustrated by DJI as you are but lets keep our eye on the problem at hand here and not stray from our original issue that is to get our Crystal Sky supported. The last thing I want to do here is get into a political discussion on what one culture is like over another. Thanks for your understanding.

Thanks for your input on what you have observed and have experienced with the Crystal Sky. It is valuable information.

2020-1-7
Use props
mAIRs
Second Officer
Australia

jazzyjeff Posted at 1-7 20:18
Mairs,

I am just a frustrated by DJI as you are but lets keep our eye on the problem at hand here and not stray from our original issue that is to get our Crystal Sky supported. The last thing I want to do here is get into a political discussion on what one culture is like over another. Thanks for your understanding.

Political or cultural discussion??? Nah... that's not the intention... I'm beyond frustrated... as far as I'm concerned the Chinese can go and "love" themselves as a whole... ;-)
2020-1-8
Use props
Spikemixture
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49918 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

FYI
The Crystal Sky will work with the EVO2

From my research it is all to do with android version.
DJI fly needed later than 6 (i think)  and CS is less than that.

EVO explorer needs 4.4 or later  so will install on the CS.
2020-7-24
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Spikemixture Posted at 7-24 23:11
FYI
The Crystal Sky will work with the EVO2

You are correct. Autel made the application much more compatible than DJI did with their DJI Fly software.
Glad Autel supports their customer base. I recently bought the Autel Evo 1 and am very happy with it. It flies great with the Crystal Sky. The Evo 2 should be that much better.  I chose the Autel Evo specifically because of DJI's Shenanigans., I am done purchasing DJI stuff. You know what the sad part is,,they just dont care!
2020-8-5
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Hey Mindy,

I have a question which you probably will not answer? If the Mavic Mini was a entry level drone and the DJI Fly was for entry level drones, why are you guys placing the newest drones like the Mavic Air 2 on an entry level piece of software?

Unfortunately your whole argument went out the Window?

What happened to you guys? You used to be so good or at least responsive to customers. Now all you do is give scripted answers and try make an issue the customers problem? It's a real shame.
2020-8-14
Use props
mrbill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 717100 ft
United Kingdom

mAIRs Posted at 1-7 19:42
You must have met some different chinese from me... the vast majority of the ones I met and employed are lazy, rude and disgusting... I mean they fart and belch in public, talk on designated quiet areas on transport services, can't drive.. hold up traffic by keeping to the fast lane by going slow, half the speed at times, and creating traffic jams... When in a chinese restaurant, they acted as if you're hurting their mothers when placing an order... are a few examples...
I didn't think into it this much until I had the missfortune of dealing with DJI, and wanted to give the benefit of the doubt.. but now... screw them, their low quality cheap products and their attitude... I just sent out the 2 or 4 week notices, depending on their aggrements, I'm done with them....

This is racist crap - stfu
2020-8-30
Use props
mAIRs
Second Officer
Australia

mrbill Posted at 8-30 00:45
This is racist crap - stfu
Oh boo hoo, cry me a river... don't you have some protest to "push some morally deficient bs onto ppl" to attend to??

Like I said, I'm done with them...
2020-8-30
Use props
MedicFL1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4358570 ft
  • >>>
United States

It would be nice to have a Cellular Dongle that actually works without needing a front page Widget, which the OS denies access to.
The design of the Crystalsky / Cendence (with it's removable, upgrade-able slide out tray) was a good industrial idea that DJI has now simply abandoned. Why?
2020-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules