1166 21 2020-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Screen recorder was not enabled again.  I should've double-checked it.  I was using nearly all the modes.

The photo isn't too good.  I think the M2P could be better but this is low-light.  It's really soft at the top.  JPG HDR.  I've done a DNG non-HDR as you cannot enable HDR on the other video but it looks the same?
S1000005.JPG
2020-1-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

This is a dji forum, I’m not sure this will stay for long .
2020-1-6
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-6 05:44
This is a dji forum, I’m not sure this will stay for long .

I'm trying to post for people.  The M2P photo quality is at least 2x better.  The feed quality of the M2P is like 20x better.  If you are going to use it for commercial work that is not video it sucks but for video.. it's great but it has a strong tendency to fly at full throttle in reposition so if anything is in the way that it cannot see it's done plus the fact of having absolutely no RTH to set I'm not entirely confident it will be ok at all times when signal is lost.  With the DJI drones, every time it lost signal, I had no issues with it landing safely.
2020-1-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AntDX316 Posted at 1-6 05:49
I'm trying to post for people.  The M2P photo quality is at least 2x better.  The feed quality of the M2P is like 20x better.  If you are going to use it for commercial work that is not video it sucks but for video.. it's great but it has a strong tendency to fly at full throttle in reposition so if anything is in the way that it cannot see it's done.

Where is the video ? Before they try closing you down, I want to see it as much as everyone else .
2020-1-6
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-6 05:55
Where is the video ? Before they try closing you down, I want to see it as much as everyone else .

I don't think they would close it down.  It's not entirely better.  The autonomy is definitely way better than any Activetrack but the behavior at which it flies is very dangerous imo.  In a commercial application I would recommend the M2P, M2Z, or the P4PV2.0.

There are no thresholds or speed limits to select when in the fixed or motion track modes.  It just flies at full speed to the position unless it detects something.
2020-1-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AntDX316 Posted at 1-6 05:57
I don't think they would close it down.  It's not entirely better.  The autonomy is definitely way better than any Activetrack but the behavior at which it flies is very dangerous imo.  In a commercial application I would recommend the M2P, M2Z, or the P4PV2.0.

There are no thresholds or speeds to select when in the fixed or motion track modes.

That video appears very under exposed, looking at the AT you have shown, I’ve seen much better with M2, the skydio hardly ever keeps you in Centre frame and it continually moves subject to bottom of lef an right frame, dji AT does not work this was, I believe dji AT is much better for filiming but skydio obstacle avoidance is far superior, so depends whether your interest is in the footage or the avoidance , I think if you showed someone who knows nothing about drones footage of M2 and Skydio that hands down M2 would win out.

Skydio will clearly win out with OA and you will get more extreme footage although not great footage as emphasis is on avoiding obstacles, if they can improve on this then maybe it could be a great drone but only for AT.

Thanks for showing , maybe they’ll leave it up .
2020-1-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The video quality from it is terrible and the tracking doesn't seem very smooth to me.  
2020-1-6
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-6 06:09
The video quality from it is terrible and the tracking doesn't seem very smooth to me.

It's still processing.  Wait for 4K60.
2020-1-6
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-6 06:09
That video appears very under exposed, looking at the AT you have shown, I’ve seen much better with M2, the skydio hardly ever keeps you in Centre frame and it continually moves subject to bottom of lef an right frame, dji AT does not work this was, I believe dji AT is much better for filiming but skydio obstacle avoidance is far superior, so depends whether your interest is in the footage or the avoidance , I think if you showed someone who knows nothing about drones footage of M2 and Skydio that hands down M2 would win out.

Skydio will clearly win out with OA and you will get more extreme footage although not great footage as emphasis is on avoiding obstacles, if they can improve on this then maybe it could be a great drone but only for AT.

Moving the subject in 1/3 parts of the camera is how to film though.  Keeping things directly in the middle is not how to film.  You need to wait for the 4K60 to process.  It's currently at 360p.  The 4K60 is kind of eq. to the P4PV2.0 in a way.

C4K60 P4PV2.0.  It's far more incredibly easier to be cinematic (not cinematic mode) w/ the P4 than the M2.  M2P fireworks with 4K30 isn't the same.  The quality isn't as good and trying to use Opticalflow makes the lights look warped.

2020-1-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AntDX316 Posted at 1-6 06:20
Moving the subject in 1/3 parts of the camera is how to film though.  Keeping things directly in the middle is not how to film.  You need to wait for the 4K60 to process.  It's currently at 360p.  The 4K60 is kind of eq. to the P4PV2.0 in a way.

C4K60 P4PV2.0.  It's far more incredibly easier to be cinematic (not cinematic mode) w/ the P4 than the M2.  M2P fireworks with 4K30 isn't the same.  The quality isn't as good and trying to use Opticalflow makes the lights look warped.

I didn’t mean actual Centre of the picture, I meant it doesn’t keep its subject in any defined place one minute right next top left then bottom left, that is not filiming and what causes that is the sudden movements from skydio when spotting potential obstacles. And that’s not how you film anything including fast sports believe me this is very amateur at best .
2020-1-6
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-6 06:35
I didn’t mean actual Centre of the picture, I meant it doesn’t keep its subject in any defined place one minute right next top left then bottom left, that is not filiming and what causes that is the sudden movements from skydio when spotting potential obstacles. And that’s not how you film anything including fast sports believe me this is very amateur at best .

It's 100% better than nothing.  To get quality full AI work would probably be at least $20k but even at that level it's not matured.

I'm just testing to see where it works and what it looks like when it works to plan it's future.  They did not ship the beacon yet.  This was done with just visuals.
2020-1-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AntDX316 Posted at 1-6 06:36
It's 100% better than nothing.  To get quality full AI work would probably be at least $20k but even at that level it's not matured.

I'm just testing to see where it works and what it looks like when it works to plan it's future.  They did not ship the beacon yet.  This was done with just visuals.

I take it the two night videos were not skydio ?
2020-1-6
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-6 06:40
I take it the two night videos were not skydio ?

They were P4PV2.0
2020-1-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice snow you have!
2020-1-7
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sigh, why are you posting this on a DJI site.  Is it to make people feel better about their M2P’s?  Is it to show off?  I just can’t fathom what your agenda is.  I also have this drone, and I still love my M2P.  This drone is not a competitor to the Mavic.  It’s a different kind of drone.  If people really want to know about the Skydio, they can visit the Skydio forum.  You should actually be posting there as well.  We need the traffic.
2020-1-7
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

Not bad, though video quality goes to the Mavic.  As many others pointed out, this is a DJI forum, though it's always good to showcase some of the potential competition out there.  This is Skydio's second go round and DJI has way more experience tied down in making drones.  My guess is that the next Mavic may have more advanced cameras for tracking and obstacle avoidance, as Skydio seems to be one model away from perfecting it's subject tracking, in which DJI still has some trouble with.  Decent competition sparks better products with more features.  I'm sure there may be other drone companies that are preparing to make a name for themselves as well.  For the consumer, that is usually better for us, unless you're a die hard fanboy.
2020-1-7
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 1-7 05:50
Sigh, why are you posting this on a DJI site.  Is it to make people feel better about their M2P’s?  Is it to show off?  I just can’t fathom what your agenda is.  I also have this drone, and I still love my M2P.  This drone is not a competitor to the Mavic.  It’s a different kind of drone.  If people really want to know about the Skydio, they can visit the Skydio forum.  You should actually be posting there as well.  We need the traffic.

I'm using it to compare and the autonomy is far better than the P4PV2.0 but the P4PV2.0 manual flight is near immaculate.  I wouldn't really trust it so much in manual flight especially at long distance at low alt compared to the DJI.
2020-1-7
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Neo Supreme Posted at 1-7 06:34
Not bad, though video quality goes to the Mavic.  As many others pointed out, this is a DJI forum, though it's always good to showcase some of the potential competition out there.  This is Skydio's second go round and DJI has way more experience tied down in making drones.  My guess is that the next Mavic may have more advanced cameras for tracking and obstacle avoidance, as Skydio seems to be one model away from perfecting it's subject tracking, in which DJI still has some trouble with.  Decent competition sparks better products with more features.  I'm sure there may be other drone companies that are preparing to make a name for themselves as well.  For the consumer, that is usually better for us, unless you're a die hard fanboy.

It was taking before the sun even came up at 7am.
2020-1-7
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 1-7 07:01
It was taking before the sun even came up at 7am.

I did notice that it changed a bit right before the 1 minute mark.
2020-1-7
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

Great post, thank you. I am also thinking about this drone for action shots as the M2P is quite weak in that regard... I hope they import it to EU finally, I will buy it eyes closed. Companies like this drive innovation forward.
Yesterday I was watching the Autel Evo II first samples videos, looking also very competitive. This can only mean that DJI will have to make something REALLY special with the M3P whenever it is launching... looking forward.
2020-1-8
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

@ AntDX316
You have become a major poster (sorry - to me: Spammer) in this forum.
Beyond sharing YT videos and hearsay BS from the internet you are posting personal media which shows that you don't have the slightest idea of photography/filming/technical stuff.
Your reviews are hilarious. BTW: Shoot manual in snow and dial up two f-stops :-)

Why do I care:
I have been on this forum for years but every time I log in you are present in an overwhelming/unpleasant way.
Well - other people seem to enjoy it and I can move on somewhere else.

Happy New Year!
2020-1-13
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Eric13 Posted at 1-13 18:10
@ AntDX316
You have become a major poster (sorry - to me: Spammer) in this forum.
Beyond sharing YT videos and hearsay BS from the internet you are posting personal media which shows that you don't have the slightest idea of photography/filming/technical stuff.

HDR with the Skydio 2 makes it look darker.  I haven't tried with HDR off.  It was my first time using it outdoors so I wanted to see.  I had only 1 battery.

Elitecaptures7.com is my website.

Happy New Year too
2020-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules