RC DISCONNECTION PROBLEM
792 11 2020-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Hundreds of flights, suddenly having rc disconnection, no inputs on sticks, failsafe rth every second or so flight. Had a few flights for two days, perfect. Then this problem 3 days in a row now. Advice please. NOT the cable.
Did not do any recent updates, so nothing changed....
2020-1-7
Use props
Mullheliflier
First Officer
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My Zoom has been doing the same with my iPhone 8.
2020-1-7
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United Kingdom

What is the location? has something been added that broadcasts on 2.4 and 5.8 with high wattage? what does your channel interference say? if all frequencies available are bled over by something you will get disconnects.
2020-1-7
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Mullheliflier Posted at 1-7 03:07
My Zoom has been doing the same with my iPhone 8.

Been flying with my samsung note 9 for ages, so probably not the phone.....
2020-1-7
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

SPIKE_151 Posted at 1-7 04:47
What is the location? has something been added that broadcasts on 2.4 and 5.8 with high wattage? what does your channel interference say? if all frequencies available are bled over by something you will get disconnects.

Hi.
On holiday, can not check the flight logs. Flew in exactly the same remote spot as the previous days. Nothing should or could have interfered. Not sure about the voltage etc, was in "safe the drone" mode and did not notice anything else but error code, controller disconnected and sometimes signal to aircraft lost. Drone moved quite rapidly  while i had NO stick input. Actually thought i was going to lose it in the sea. Was around 100meters from me, if that far.....
Trying to get it fixed before my holiday is over.
2020-1-7
Use props
Mullheliflier
First Officer
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Charissa Posted at 1-7 04:52
Been flying with my samsung note 9 for ages, so probably not the phone.....

Funnily enough I mainly flew it with a Note 8 and just changed to the iPhone 8. I think I will go back to my Note 8.
2020-1-7
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United Kingdom

Next time before you lift off, go into the settings for the RC on the Go4 app and look at which channels and frequencies have strong interference on them. As stated by others, disconnects of this type are normally cable related, especially if intermittent in nature
2020-1-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Charissa. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Have you tried using a different mobile device to see if the disconnect issue will still happened. Upon checking the Samsung Note 9 in the recommended mobile device list. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not yet recommended for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and for the DJI Go 4application. There is a possibility that the Samsung Note 9 will work on the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. However, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Go 4 napplication we cannot guaranteed the stability of the the Samsung Note 9  if it will work all the time while using it on the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. For reference, I will post the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Thank you.

2020-1-7
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

SPIKE_151 Posted at 1-7 08:07
Next time before you lift off, go into the settings for the RC on the Go4 app and look at which channels and frequencies have strong interference on them. As stated by others, disconnects of this type are normally cable related, especially if intermittent in nature

Thank you. Will do so. Appreciate your feedback.
2020-1-8
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-7 10:21
Hello and good day Charissa. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Have you tried using a different mobile device to see if the disconnect issue will still happened. Upon checking the Samsung Note 9 in the recommended mobile device list. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not yet recommended for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and for the DJI Go 4application. There is a possibility that the Samsung Note 9 will work on the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. However, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Go 4 napplication we cannot guaranteed the stability of the the Samsung Note 9  if it will work all the time while using it on the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. For reference, I will post the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Thank you.

[view_image]

Thank you. I have flown both the mavic air and mavic pro 2 with the note 9 for around  40 hours without any problems till now. Only ever used Huawei p10pro and the note 9 for ALL my flights since I first got a dji drone, and not one of them was on the list. Fairly certain it is not the note 9....
2020-1-8
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Mullheliflier Posted at 1-7 06:43
Funnily enough I mainly flew it with a Note 8 and just changed to the iPhone 8. I think I will go back to my Note 8.

Note 9 and Huawei P10Pro for me. Both work flawlessly. EXCEPT FOR THE CHARGING THE PHONE PART....
2020-1-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Charissa Posted at 1-8 05:33
Thank you. I have flown both the mavic air and mavic pro 2 with the note 9 for around  40 hours without any problems till now. Only ever used Huawei p10pro and the note 9 for ALL my flights since I first got a dji drone, and not one of them was on the list. Fairly certain it is not the note 9....

You are very much welcome Charissa and thank you for this additional information you have shared. I will forward this information to the designated DJI department for more evaluation. thank you for your understanding.
2020-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules