Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Self unlocking not working
12Next >
40453 62 2020-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jphelps2630
lvl.1
Flight distance : 109698 ft
United States

I can't get self unlocking to work with my Mavic 2 Pro and Smart Controller. Here's the process I followed –
- Applied for and received approval from the DJI Self Unlocking site.
- Downloaded the authorization to the Smart Controller.
- Could not take off with the Smart Controller displaying a message saying that I am in an authorization zone.
Puzzled and frustrated. What am I doing wrong?
2020-1-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. May I know what type of restriction are you trying to self unlock your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Please keep us posted for further assistance . Thank you.
2020-1-7
Use props
jphelps2630
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-7 08:34
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. May I know what type of restriction are you trying to self unlock your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Please keep us posted for further assistance . Thank you.

Hi, thanks for taking a look at this. I’ve got two challenges here.

1. Unlocking not working
– I applied for and received authorization to fly in a restricted zone. The approval downloaded successfully to the Smart Controller and there it stalled. It’s not downloading to the Mavic 2 Pro so I can’t fly even though I’ve got approval. One thing that puzzles me is the line that says “Aircraft SN” is actually the serial number of the Smart Controller. If that means anything.

2. Restricted zone error – I don’t believe that this area should be a restricted zone in the first place.
I’m flying in a place called Community First Village which is right at the edge of this new Authorization Zone.
The center of the Authorization Zone is listed as the Dryden airport. The FAA says it’s an R site which shouldn’t generate a restricted area.
I’ve successfully flown the drone several times at Community First Village before and never had a problem. This Authorization Zone has just appeared in the past couple of weeks.

Thanks for your help sorting this out.

2020-1-7
Use props
fans55d8c6a0
lvl.1
United States

I got the unlocking to work! Here's what I had to do –
1. Take my laptop, cell phone, Mavic 2 Pro and Smart Controller to the area that needed to be unlocked.
2. Launch the mobile hotspot on the phone and connect up the laptop.
3. Go to DJI's website and apply for a new unlock authorization. Make sure you've got the serial number of your Smart Controller handy.
4. Turn on and connect the Smart Controller to the mobile hotspot. Give it four or five minutes to complete the connection.
5. Turn on the Mavic 2 Pro.
6. Launch the DJI Go 4 app and wait until I got a message that says "Can't take off…"
7. Click on the "..." menu in the upper right corner and scroll it down to Unlocking License List.
8. Click "Refresh" at the bottom of the screen to download the authorization. You may need to do this three or four times before it works.
9. Although all the instructions say that there should be a button on the authorization to download it to the aircraft, there isn't actually one. Nope. No button.
10. Close the Unlocking License List down and return to the main screen the still says you can't take off.
11. Try to take off anyway. Ignore the warning.
12. A message pops up saying that you need authorization to fly in this restricted zone. Click "Yes" and "OK" or "Agree" or whatever through a bunch of different message boxes and voilà, you're unlocked.
This is definitely the process from hell. Who knows what committee designed it if anyone did but it's clearly designed to frustrate and deter customers. The published instructions are wrong, it's error-prone, the messages are misleading, ambiguous and it takes forever. Yeech!
2020-1-7
Use props
Billboyheritagesurvey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232306 ft
United Kingdom

fans55d8c6a0 Posted at 1-7 14:24
1. Take my laptop, cell phone, Mavic 2 Pro and Smart Controller to the area that needed to be unlocked.
2. Launch the mobile hotspot on the phone and connect up the laptop.

Thanks for posting. I have added your process to my flight procedures manual. So far I have not had to do this but it's only a matter of time!

Can you let us know your location? Things may be different in other airspaces.
2020-1-8
Use props
fans55d8c6a0
lvl.1
United States

Billboyheritagesurvey Posted at 1-8 02:51
Thanks for posting. I have added your process to my flight procedures manual. So far I have not had to do this but it's only a matter of time!

Can you let us know your location? Things may be different in other airspaces.

I'm in Austin TX. The area in question is to the east of town.
2020-1-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

jphelps2630 Posted at 1-7 11:30
Hi, thanks for taking a look at this. I’ve got two challenges here.

1. Unlocking not working – I applied for and received authorization to fly in a restricted zone. The approval downloaded successfully to the Smart Controller and there it stalled. It’s not downloading to the Mavic 2 Pro so I can’t fly even though I’ve got approval. One thing that puzzles me is the line that says “Aircraft SN” is actually the serial number of the Smart Controller. If that means anything.

Hi. Thank you for the additional information. I would recommend to please visit our DJI Fly Safe Geo Zone Map for more details about the restricted zone. For reference I will be posting an Official DJI Tutorial Video for unlocking a zone. Thank you.

2020-1-8
Use props
djiuser_A97TrzKt25vH
Flight distance : 100712 ft
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-8 15:36
Hi. Thank you for the additional information. I would recommend to please visit our DJI Fly Safe Geo Zone Map for more details about the restricted zone. For reference I will be posting an Official DJI Tutorial Video for unlocking a zone. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBG0TD5M3w4

Two things...

You talk about "...the app". What app? The DJI Go4 app? If it is, then say it, because at any given time I doubt many people know what app is actually doing things on the screen.

I applied for and got an authorization online on my desktop. Went to the site. No unlocking list. Lost a client who had come up there to watch the shots being made. The online process asked for the controller serial number. I thought that strange, but didn't question it. I watch this video, and it says to input the drone serial number.

Here is a tip if you want to stay in business. Find out who designs the UI on the controller and the manual instructions. Give that person another job and tell him or her that while they might be great techies, the task requires a great teacher. Preferably someone who knows nothing about the drone. That places him or her in the same position as the customer looking at the drone just out of the box.

Dedicate one of your staff to spend a week with the teacher. Begin at the beginning, end at the end. Consider every question that needs to be answered.  Let the teacher prepare the lessons.  You will probably be able to lay off or reassign whoever is currently continuously having to answer questions that never should have had to be asked.

Techies are great at tech. But there's a reason nobody invites them to parties. They don't communicate well with people who are normal.  And they are poster children for Dunning Kruger effect when it comes to teaching. Tech and teaching do start with the same two letters, but it ends there.
2020-5-20
Use props
djiuser_ndNKYFNP35O5
lvl.1

United States

We need a firmware to fix this problem. The other lengthy procedures are not practical and they don’t work. Or else, you need two controllers which is another $200 that you need to spend.
2020-6-24
Use props
djiuser_unjsSdJMXRP7
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_A97TrzKt25vH Posted at 5-20 11:11
Two things...

You talk about "...the app". What app? The DJI Go4 app? If it is, then say it, because at any given time I doubt many people know what app is actually doing things on the screen.

100% agree, even talking with the FAA DJI goes two steps above what is required and makes it extremely difficult for the end user. DJI has made this so difficult the FAA is now confused on what waivers or authorizations they need to grant to get DJI allow to fly. I am using DroneDeploy for my flight missions and because of this dumb feature I have to logout every single time, shut everything down during a battery swap, open DJI again, go to the unlocking license to turn it back on, then open DroneDeploy to resume my mission because this option will not stay on. If I have an approved laanc  from the FAA or control tower I should not have to refile for another authorization from DJI. It chews into my allowed time to fly giving me less time to finish my project. If DJI gives me access to this for three days and I do all the required steps I shouldn't have to constantly go turn it on and off better yet not have to do this at all. I will add I am not a recreational user, I am a licensed 107 user using this for a business. Ive gone through all the trainings and know all the rules and regulations.  
2020-9-3
Use props
djiuser_yK9JXOQ3msYJ
New

United States

fans55d8c6a0 Posted at 1-7 14:24
2. Launch the mobile hotspot on the phone and connect up the laptop.

I agree with you, DJI self unlocking process is nothing but a piece of junk.  I am trying to unlock the Mavic Pro 2 using a smart controller.  This is my second attempt to fly a brand new drone and my new product experience is nothing but disappointing.  The unlocking system does not work.  I spent the entire battery and the almost $3,000 U.S DLLS drone is nothing more than a paper weight.  
2020-9-16
Use props
fanscb933d05
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_yK9JXOQ3msYJ Posted at 9-16 18:20
I agree with you, DJI self unlocking process is nothing but a piece of junk.  I am trying to unlock the Mavic Pro 2 using a smart controller.  This is my second attempt to fly a brand new drone and my new product experience is nothing but disappointing.  The unlocking system does not work.  I spent the entire battery and the almost $3,000 U.S DLLS drone is nothing more than a paper weight.

me too and im so mad!
2020-12-17
Use props
Antman450
lvl.1
Flight distance : 932457 ft
United States

Yes, DJJI needs to fix this! I’ve been trying for an hour in a place where I’ve already been able to fly before and I still can’t unlock the stupid drone. DJI makes good drones but they’re terrible at communication, at design, and anything that has to do with people or user friendliness. I’m switching to Autel.
2021-1-3
Use props
CreativeSky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

This procedure is unreliable. I am on a paid shoot for a client trying to get shots of a commercial building at sunrise and I’ve already spent an hour, missing sunrise. Trying to get this stupid crap to work. It does not work. This is most frustrating
2021-1-12
Use props
Gulfstream
First Officer
Flight distance : 98996 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was on a paid shoot for a client two days ago, and had the same issue. I'm furious with DJI. I've spent the last 24hrs trying to calm the client down so I don't loose them forever over this. I setup my unlock, and downloaded to the bird before leaving home. When I reached my destination, I setup the hotspot, turned on the Smart Controller, and I could see the Unlock and made sure it was applied to the Mavic. When I tried to fly, the slider switch would pop back every time I checked the boxes that confirmed I was authorized etc., and a small pop-up said that the process had failed, and I could not fly. There has to be a better way! I cannot even afford to bid on a job that's in an Auth Zone because I can't rely on DJI to Unlock my drone even with FAA Authorization.

2021-2-19
Use props
Wendyc
lvl.1

New Zealand

I’m having the same problem!  I’ve tried 4 times now at a vineyard and the owner thinks I’m mad
2021-2-19
Use props
Vegasdad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3471283 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2020-1-8 15:36

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBG0TD5M3w4

This is bull...!!!!! I got my laanc and still cant take off. FUCK CHINA!!!!!!!!!!
2021-3-19
Use props
djiuser_5VJYrFLnX77j
lvl.1
Flight distance : 157969 ft
United States

Unlocking for KAPA Class D airspace worked fine several weeks ago (and for months before). (Mavic 2 Pro - GO4 - Smart Controller - Latest firmware). Now after Importing a DJI FlySafe authorization to the “Aircraft” I try to turn on the Authorization Zone, check the 2 boxes in the Please confirm pop-up and hit OK. Then I get the "User authentication failed" message. I turned everything off then back on ... same message. I did 3 additional FlySafe requests .... same message. After loading the Authorization to the aircraft if I try to start the Mavic 2 from the main GO4 screen I get the same popup .... check the 2 boxes and OK ... then I get "Unlock Failed". Multiple attempts get the same results.  Attempts over multiple days get the same results.   I am using a valid DJI account and a correct Smart Controller serial number.  Of course I get an FAA authorization for each flight AND have tried MANY separate DJI authorizations with the same results. Is LAANC authorization from DJI no longer a feature of the DJI Mavic 2 Pro?
2021-4-5
Use props
djiuser_5VJYrFLnX77j
lvl.1
Flight distance : 157969 ft
United States

djiuser_5VJYrFLnX77j Posted at 4-5 05:24
Unlocking for KAPA Class D airspace worked fine several weeks ago (and for months before). (Mavic 2 Pro - GO4 - Smart Controller - Latest firmware). Now after Importing a DJI FlySafe authorization to the “Aircraft” I try to turn on the Authorization Zone, check the 2 boxes in the Please confirm pop-up and hit OK. Then I get the "User authentication failed" message. I turned everything off then back on ... same message. I did 3 additional FlySafe requests .... same message. After loading the Authorization to the aircraft if I try to start the Mavic 2 from the main GO4 screen I get the same popup .... check the 2 boxes and OK ... then I get "Unlock Failed". Multiple attempts get the same results.  Attempts over multiple days get the same results.   I am using a valid DJI account and a correct Smart Controller serial number.  Of course I get an FAA authorization for each flight AND have tried MANY separate DJI authorizations with the same results. Is LAANC authorization from DJI no longer a feature of the DJI Mavic 2 Pro?

UPDATE – workaround for the DJI GEO Zone Unlocking malfunction (“User authentication failed” and “Unlock Failed”)
The DJI Unlocking URL matters!  (KAPA class D airspace, Mavic 2 Pro, GO4, Smart Controller, current firmware, valid DJI account)   
If you go to the dji.com site, then go to Support, then go to FlySafe, then choose UNLOCK ZONE you will be directed to their new Unlock Request page https://fly-safe.dji.com/unlock-request/list.  Any request I’ve made through their “+ New Unlock Request” … “Zone Unlocking” process has provided an authorization that fails to actually unlock the zone in the GO4 app on my Smart Controller.  HOWEVER if I use the old unlocking provided through the URL – https://www.dji.com/flysafe/self-unlock then the DJI authorization that is generated WORKS.  So, the old system generates a useable authorization but the new and improved systems does not.  I hope DJI doesn’t remove the old URL until they fix the new system.  Good luck.
2021-4-5
Use props
djiuser_8EskJt7bJxyv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 555285 ft
United States

Antman450 Posted at 1-3 07:05
Yes, DJJI needs to fix this! I’ve been trying for an hour in a place where I’ve already been able to fly before and I still can’t unlock the stupid drone. DJI makes good drones but they’re terrible at communication, at design, and anything that has to do with people or user friendliness. I’m switching to Autel.

I agree. I have spent literally $3500 on my Mavic two pro, multiple batteries, smart controller, accessories, you name it! I also have a Mavic mini two but became 107 certified and now trying to make some legitimate money and start my business but despite receiving proper authorizations from LAANC/FAA around a class E area and still being far more than 3 miles away and actually on the beach offshore flying barely 60 feet, I received the authorizations but my smart controller despite being properly synced with my aircraft and performing the proper authorizations keeps telling me “failed attempt“ when I go to authorize. The weird thing is that my iPhone controller with the same aircraft when I synced with that one the authorization did work exclamation? WTF! DJI better get on the ball and fix this problem and now! I truly I’m done with him if this is how they’re going to treat their customers! None of the other companies that make quality products do this!
2021-4-9
Use props
djiuser_8EskJt7bJxyv
lvl.1
United States

I am needing some feedback on a similar problem of my smart controller not unlocking my aircraft despite receiving proper authorizations. My brand new Mavic two pro with my brand new smart controller in the middle Florida keys, would not fly stating authorization needed. I followed proper protocol and despite receiving proper authorizations from both LAANC as well as through DJI process itself my smart controller confirmed and showed the authorization request but when trying to download it to the aircraft and to the smart controller it kept repeatedly failing to load those authorizations.!??! I then got fed up and then synchronize my Mavic two pro to my Previous iPhone controller that came with the aircraft and after relinking/repairing that original controller those authorization request worked fine and I flew without problem. I then switch back and re-paired/synchronize the aircraft again to the smart controller in question and yet It failed again. both controllers synced same acct.
2021-4-9
Use props
pharimon
Flight distance : 4383038 ft
United States

djiuser_5VJYrFLnX77j Posted at 4-5 06:12
UPDATE – workaround for the DJI GEO Zone Unlocking malfunction (“User authentication failed” and “Unlock Failed”)
The DJI Unlocking URL matters!  (KAPA class D airspace, Mavic 2 Pro, GO4, Smart Controller, current firmware, valid DJI account)   
If you go to the dji.com site, then go to Support, then go to FlySafe, then choose UNLOCK ZONE you will be directed to their new Unlock Request page https://fly-safe.dji.com/unlock-request/list.  Any request I’ve made through their “+ New Unlock Request” … “Zone Unlocking” process has provided an authorization that fails to actually unlock the zone in the GO4 app on my Smart Controller.  HOWEVER if I use the old unlocking provided through the URL – https://www.dji.com/flysafe/self-unlock then the DJI authorization that is generated WORKS.  So, the old system generates a useable authorization but the new and improved systems does not.  I hope DJI doesn’t remove the old URL until they fix the new system.  Good luck.

How in the hell did you figure this one out?  Thanks for posting.  Hopefully DJI figures out the new website isn't working with the smart controller. Thanks again Man!!
2021-4-11
Use props
djiuser_8EskJt7bJxyv
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_5VJYrFLnX77j Posted at 4-5 06:12
If you go to the dji.com site, then go to Support, then go to FlySafe, then choose UNLOCK ZONE you will be directed to their new Unlock Request page https://fly-safe.dji.com/unlock-request/list.  Any request I’ve made through their “+ New Unlock Request” … “Zone Unlocking” process has provided an authorization that fails to actually unlock the zone in the GO4 app on my Smart Controller.  HOWEVER if I use the old unlocking provided through the URL – https://www.dji.com/flysafe/self-unlock then the DJI authorization that is generated WORKS.  So, the old system generates a useable authorization but the new and improved systems does not.  I hope DJI doesn’t remove the old URL until they fix the new system.  Good luck.

I am having similar problems.   When I am granted authorization for flying in controlled airspace, for unknown reasons my smart controller shows the controller authorization and aircraft authorization, and when I try to load it to the smart controller and upload the authorization to the aircraft using that very same new smart controller, my smart controller states “failed authorization upload”.   
So I unlinked my MP2 from my new smart controller and then relinked it to my iPhone controller and only through that original controller could I fly.  But when I try to relink with my smart controller and upload those authorization approvals, again, no fly.....
I have confirmed the s/n numbers for my new controller and aircraft s/n numbers as being correct.  
I really need the help.  So much so that I am thinking of selling my DJI gear and going autel.  
2021-4-12
Use props
djiuser_8EskJt7bJxyv
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_unjsSdJMXRP7 Posted at 2020-9-3 09:08
100% agree, even talking with the FAA DJI goes two steps above what is required and makes it extremely difficult for the end user. DJI has made this so difficult the FAA is now confused on what waivers or authorizations they need to grant to get DJI allow to fly. I am using DroneDeploy for my flight missions and because of this dumb feature I have to logout every single time, shut everything down during a battery swap, open DJI again, go to the unlocking license to turn it back on, then open DroneDeploy to resume my mission because this option will not stay on. If I have an approved laanc  from the FAA or control tower I should not have to refile for another authorization from DJI. It chews into my allowed time to fly giving me less time to finish my project. If DJI gives me access to this for three days and I do all the required steps I shouldn't have to constantly go turn it on and off better yet not have to do this at all. I will add I am not a recreational user, I am a licensed 107 user using this for a business. Ive gone through all the trainings and know all the rules and regulations.

I agree 100%.   I then ask an open question to all that read this.  IF DJI can’t or won’t correct this problem, then what can we, especially 107 certified or recreational fliers, do to be able to safely enjoy this hobby or business?!?!   
I for one have purchased at least $10,000 in DJI products over the past year, because they did have the best overall product experience for the novice and professional, but I am now considering Autel???
2021-4-12
Use props
djiuser_8EskJt7bJxyv
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_unjsSdJMXRP7 Posted at 2020-9-3 09:08

I agree 100%.   I then ask an open question to all that read this.  IF DJI can’t or won’t correct this problem, then what can we, especially 107 certified or recreational fliers, do to be able to safely enjoy this hobby or business?!?!   
I for one have purchased at least $10,000 in DJI products over the past year, because they did have the best overall product experience for the novice and professional, but I am now considering Autel???
2021-4-12
Use props
djiuser_8EskJt7bJxyv
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_5VJYrFLnX77j Posted at 4-5 05:24
Unlocking for KAPA Class D airspace worked fine several weeks ago (and for months before). (Mavic 2 Pro - GO4 - Smart Controller - Latest firmware). Now after Importing a DJI FlySafe authorization to the “Aircraft” I try to turn on the Authorization Zone, check the 2 boxes in the Please confirm pop-up and hit OK. Then I get the "User authentication failed" message. I turned everything off then back on ... same message. I did 3 additional FlySafe requests .... same message. After loading the Authorization to the aircraft if I try to start the Mavic 2 from the main GO4 screen I get the same popup .... check the 2 boxes and OK ... then I get "Unlock Failed". Multiple attempts get the same results.  Attempts over multiple days get the same results.   I am using a valid DJI account and a correct Smart Controller serial number.  Of course I get an FAA authorization for each flight AND have tried MANY separate DJI authorizations with the same results. Is LAANC authorization from DJI no longer a feature of the DJI Mavic 2 Pro?

I have the exact same problem “user authentication failed“ despite showing all valid unlocking request on my smart controller!?   Hasta to numbers are confirmed to be correct regarding my flight controller of my aircraft as seen on the smart controller.   I have LAANC confirmation as well but I cannot fly in “blue restricted“ areas which should be automatic unlocking. I’ve tried this from my home desktop as well as from my iPad and iPhone in the field and at home with full Internet connectivity and I cannot get this to work whether I’m in the field or at home. I wish DJI would answer! I wish they would fix this!!!
2021-4-14
Use props
djiuser_8EskJt7bJxyv
lvl.1
United States

I agree wholeheartedly. I have posted at least two different questions on this chain and have not had either any expert moderator or DJI respond to me. I sent the same question and problem of this exact issue regarding cell phone locking in the field with my Mavic two pro round was so frustrated spent hours without the drone even leaving the ground and I too lost the job likely forever and I don’t blame them.

Why we choose to let the drone manufacturer police I was with Geo fencing authorization request is beyond me! Frankly I did buy this when I knew much less/when I was ignorant. But going forward I am switching to AUTEL or another high-quality drone manufacturer that doesn’t throw additional roadblocks in her way. For goodness sake‘s the FAA has responded with far more than enough rules and regulations we don’t need a foreign manufacturer making it even more difficult for us! But they will not change unless we stop buying their crap!!!   I have stupidly spent over $5000 myself.
2021-4-14
Use props
fansf8da1423
lvl.1
Flight distance : 150965 ft
United States

Halleluiah! I finally solved it!

I, too, have struggled with the GeoFencing Unlock for years!! I could get it to work on-site using GoFly4 on my iPhone, but I could never get it to work ahead of time and download it to my iPad using my laptop at home before leaving for the job. My iPad is not cell data-enabled, so I need WiFi to sync the unlock licenses before leaving for the job site. The licenses would sync to the GoFly4 app but were constantly showing "Disconnected" (See screenshot)

I gave up using my WiFi iPad and have been using my phone for the past couple of years. I hate the small screen when flying.

I recently tried 6 times using the DJI Unlock URLs. I didn’t realize I was entering the Remote Controller Serial Number, not the Flight Controller Serial Number, into the unlock sites.

After using the correct serial number, the unlock license now allows me to import to aircraft!  

Both the old and new DJI URLS worked for me:

New: fly-safe.dji.com/unlock/unlock-request/list (I like this site better. It shows a list of all the requests. The old site did not allow you to track licenses.)

Old: dji.com/flysafe/self-unlock

I hope this helps someone else!
2021-4-27
Use props
fans2c530b53
lvl.1
United States

Dji could not help nor care if we are unable to unlock. I purchased a Smart controller and it is anything but smart. It;s really a piece of crap. 750 bucks of junk if you cannot make you work easier.
2021-5-24
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
Captain
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Last firmware update don't let you Unlock by yourself blue zones...and they put a blue zone on all city, disregarding the fact that airport is OUTSIDE city.
DJI FLY....
I have lost one client with this stupidity of DJI, if they were in Europe this was ending with a law suite to recover the loss...but outside Europe we can only boycott them with negative feedbacks.

I have managed to get from them the Custom Manual unlock based on the approvals from Ministery of Defence scanned...but why I need to send sensitive data into CHINA, a comunist country ???? Why I cannot unlock based on my testimony and assumed ?
2021-5-24
Use props
djiuser_cAPvEMxKjo8M
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4274557 ft

Canada

Je n est plus de no fly zone et plus aucun problème avec cette violation de restriction de dji, qui selon moi offre une dictature de vole et brime mes droit de vole avec leur Restriction d altitude et d oubigation de faire leur mise a jours sous peine de restreinte les limitation d un produit qu il ont omi de dire avant l achat. D autre produit si non meilleures que dji ,,,comme skydio qui surpasse et qui non aucune restriction de vol...et qui respect leur clientèle
2021-5-25
Use props
Reliant 1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 86880 ft
United States

fans55d8c6a0 Posted at 2020-1-7 14:24

I agree , they need to fix this. Further more does of us that have a USA 107 drone pilot license should get a permit unlock code since we are getting LAANC. authorition
2021-6-12
Use props
Reliant 1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 86880 ft
United States

fans55d8c6a0 Posted at 2020-1-7 14:24

I agree , they need to fix this. Further more does of us that have a USA 107 drone pilot license should get a permit unlock code since we are getting LAANC. authorition
2021-6-18
Use props
djiuser_xz4VOoo7wx7J
New

United States

This is still a problem. I received an laanc today for a shoot a simple automatic one because I wasn’t going higher than 100ft. DJI smart controller wouldn’t unlock and let me fly. I try tried the automated unlock process and I kept being told that the export could not complete and to contact support. Error 405.

If I have FAA approval why do I need DJI approval to fly? Is anyone at DJI reading this?
2021-7-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

djiuser_xz4VOoo7wx7J Posted at 7-2 15:09
This is still a problem. I received an laanc today for a shoot a simple automatic one because I wasn’t going higher than 100ft. DJI smart controller wouldn’t unlock and let me fly. I try tried the automated unlock process and I kept being told that the export could not complete and to contact support. Error 405.

If I have FAA approval why do I need DJI approval to fly? Is anyone at DJI reading this?

"If I have FAA approval why do I need DJI approval to fly? Is anyone at DJI reading this?"

Because there is no connection between the processes. The DJI No-Fly Zone feature has no idea whether you have approval or not.
2021-7-2
Use props
sergiokrasigio
lvl.1

Estonia

I have been able to RESOLVE the issue with unlocking on my Smart Controller. This is crazy.

Don't use the https://fly-safe.dji.com/unlock/unlock-request/list link to unlock the zone.
use this instead https://www.dji.com/ee/flysafe/self-unlock

For some reasons, the /unlock-request/ link grants  an authorization but aircraft won't be able to verify it.
Although the /self-unlock link will generate slightly different authorization which will be automatically activated after importing it to the aircraft.
this is crazy.

DJI, WHY???
2021-7-7
Use props
vernonvernonfowlkes.net
lvl.1
Flight distance : 246581 ft
United States

I had the same issue this week on a paid job with the Air 2S and the standard controller. This was a site I had flown before with the Air 2S but I had scheduled an unlock of the zone (which I have my doubts should be an authorization zone to begin with ... it is NOT a controlled airspace).  I did not schedule an unlock this time as I had learned I could self-unlock on the fly. I tried via iPhone to go to the unlock site but the site kept blanking out the field in Pilot Name and would not proceed. After fifteen minutes of this nonsense with the client looking over my shoulder, I decided to fall back to my backup P3P. Fired it up, launch DJI Go, was prompted to acknowledge I was in an authorization zone and confirm I accept responsibility, I did so, and then I was flying.

DJI, I'm a 5-year Part 107 certified pilot. Get out of my business.
2021-7-17
Use props
Captain
  • >>>
Romania

DJI MODERATORS HAVE COMMUNICATED THAT STARTING AUGUST DJI WILL NOT HAVE ANY MORE FLY LOCK ZONES BUT ONLY WARNINGS....THE FLIGHT WILL BE MADE BY THE USER ON HIS OWN RESPONSIBILITY.

How do you like this "news" ?
2021-7-19
Use props
MarkusAtHome
Second Officer
Flight distance : 84104 ft
Switzerland

FB: GeoDrone4K Posted at 7-19 05:22
DJI MODERATORS HAVE COMMUNICATED THAT STARTING AUGUST DJI WILL NOT HAVE ANY MORE FLY LOCK ZONES BUT ONLY WARNINGS....THE FLIGHT WILL BE MADE BY THE USER ON HIS OWN RESPONSIBILITY.

How do you like this "news" ?

Where did you get this news? Any reference for this? If this is the case, many hackers will be frustrated and the business model for NLD or DH will require an update.
2021-7-23
Use props
Captain
  • >>>
Romania

MarkusAtHome Posted at 7-23 03:20
Where did you get this news? Any reference for this? If this is the case, many hackers will be frustrated and the business model for NLD or DH will require an update.

Is a joke...they will never do this
Autel rules.
2021-7-25
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules