2489 7 2020-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
snorkel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 452592 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does anyone make a dummy battery?  i.e. so you can run it without the battery, but still have the bottom searled for long periods vis USB power bank?
Reason is the battery produces a lot of extra heat and for scenerios like on a fishing kayak or boat where it could be in the hot
sun for hours less heat is better.
I guess I could put something to block the connections of the battery as well.

2020-1-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. Regarding this inquiry. Just a friend reminder that DJI does not recommend using any third party accessories because this may affect the performance of the said camera. Thank you.
2020-1-7
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-7 08:17
Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. Regarding this inquiry. Just a friend reminder that DJI does not recommend using any third party accessories because this may affect the performance of the said camera. Thank you.

Ok, Does DJI make a dummy battery?  i.e. a cover for the battery compartment with no actual battery?
Not sure how a battery cover with no battery would affect performance :-)
2020-1-7
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

Battery cost $12.00  simply  dismantel the  bat off the cover they are not perminant. and that will solve your issue.
2020-1-7
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Fishycomics Posted at 1-7 08:51
Battery cost $12.00  simply  dismantel the  bat off the cover they are not perminant. and that will solve your issue.

Thanks Fish, will look into that.  I only have one battery right now so didn't want to mess with it.
Putting a piece of paper in over the pin connectors may work as well.
2020-1-7
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

I, too, was going to suggest dissecting the battery and salvaging the door/locks.  But to power from a battery bank would still expose the usb port to water intrusion although less???
2020-1-7
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

ff22 Posted at 1-7 17:22
I, too, was going to suggest dissecting the battery and salvaging the door/locks.  But to power from a battery bank would still expose the usb port to water intrusion although less???

Yes and maybe PGYTECH but Ulanzi can make a door up they did for the gopro.
2020-1-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

snorkel Posted at 1-7 08:34
Ok, Does DJI make a dummy battery?  i.e. a cover for the battery compartment with no actual battery?
Not sure how a battery cover with no battery would affect performance :-)

Hi. Thank you for the additional information. I am sorry for the confusion. With regards to this matter. It is not recommended to use the Osmo Action without battery. If you are using the Osmo Action with a USB-C power adapter, then using a 5V/2A, 10W or above charger is recommended. Thank you.
2020-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules