Zoom Lens for OSMO Pocket
5439 4 2020-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JB63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

There are few lenses available on Amazon, but could not find any magnification lens out there. Any hints/leads on this?
2020-1-7
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

My own thoughts would be that any zoom design would be too bulky and either interfere with the gimbal movement or be too heavy for the motors to cope with without resulting in damage. Remember the gimbal head where the camera resides needs to be balanced to work accurately and without stressing the motors.  Even the shape of the gimbal head has to be taken into account to cope with possible wind pressures to maintain a steady platform.

[EDIT]

For that reason I beleive any zoom lens would have to be made to be internal to the gimbal head to be stable.

2020-1-7
Use props
JB63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 1-7 23:51
My own thoughts would be that any zoom design would be too bulky and either interfere with the gimbal movement or be too heavy for the motors to cope with without resulting in damage. Remember the gimbal head where the camera resides needs to be balanced to work accurately and without stressing the motors.  Even the shape of the gimbal head has to be taken into account to cope with possible wind pressures to maintain a steady platform.

Thank you. I mis-spoke in the title. I fully agree with you and realize a zoom lens will be too heavy and will throw off the balance and ultimately hurt the motors, in addition to geometric interference ... etc

What I had in mind are fixed-magnification lenses i.e., not variable zoom.
2020-1-8
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

JB63 Posted at 1-8 07:08
Thank you. I mis-spoke in the title. I fully agree with you and realize a zoom lens will be too heavy and will throw off the balance and ultimately hurt the motors, in addition to geometric interference ... etc

What I had in mind are fixed-magnification lenses i.e., not variable zoom.

I think you will find that won't work at all focus distances. Maybe a fixed focal length macro lens might.
2020-1-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. I hope that our valued DJI co pilots can provide you the best information for this inquiry. Thank you for your valued support.
2020-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules