Forced to update firmware/ now no video
889 5 2020-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
braggot
lvl.1

United States

My P4P was working just great until I tried to update the firmware. After that, the video does not work with error code  ( AIR ENCODER error (0xa) ) and aircraft requires update, download from DJI GO homepage.

When I try to update, it downloads the file to my Ipad but when I hook it up to the drone via cable, it does not even start updating and fails after a few seconds.

Next, I downloaded the DJI Assistant 2 and followed the instructions. It links up, gives me 2 choices of firmware but even after restoring it back to factory defaults, will make it to 89 - 99% and fail. No errror codes are shown.

The current firmware version shown is v00.00.000

I can still fly manualy without video and auto take off and landing function.

I tried 3 different fully charged batteried and tried removing the mem card.

And how do I update the controller ?I tried using the asistant 2 and it did not recognize it.
2020-1-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. I would recommend to please try a different computer to refresh the firmware of the said drone to isolate the issue? After this step if the issue still persists. I would recommend to please contact our DJI support team to start up a ticket at ( https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav ) for further assistance. Please note that the repair cost will depend on the said warranty period of the drone otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank you.
2020-1-8
Use props
braggot
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-8 10:06
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. I would recommend to please try a different computer to refresh the firmware of the said drone to isolate the issue? After this step if the issue still persists. I would recommend to please contact our DJI support team to start up a ticket at ( https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav ) for further assistance. Please note that the repair cost will depend on the said warranty period of the drone otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank you.

I have tried both a Ipad and a windows computer. Everything worked fine until I was directed to update the firmware by DJI.  
2020-1-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

braggot Posted at 1-8 14:01
I have tried both a Ipad and a windows computer. Everything worked fine until I was directed to update the firmware by DJI.

Hi I am sorry to know that issue still persists after you have done multiple troubleshooting steps on the said drone. I would recommend for you to contact our designated DJI Support Team to further diagnose the said matter. We have the professional team who would do their best to assists you. Please note that the repair cost will depend on the said warranty period of the drone otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank you.
2020-1-9
Use props
braggot
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-9 14:34
Hi I am sorry to know that issue still persists after you have done multiple troubleshooting steps on the said drone. I would recommend for you to contact our designated DJI Support Team to further diagnose the said matter. We have the professional team who would do their best to assists you. Please note that the repair cost will depend on the said warranty period of the drone otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank you.

There seems to be a problem with DJIs latest firmware updates since so many people are having problems only after the update. Probably due to forcing the exclusion zones.
2020-1-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

braggot Posted at 1-9 17:00
There seems to be a problem with DJIs latest firmware updates since so many people are having problems only after the update. Probably due to forcing the exclusion zones.

Hi. Thank you for the additional information and your insights regarding this matter. For this concern. It is best to send the drone in so that our designated DJI support team can do a thorough check and assess the cause of the issue and a proper resolution will be provided. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.
2020-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules