Mavic mini I bought is junk
2451 6 2020-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_2qDAE2TYhYw4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13868 ft
United States

I was excited to get Mavic mini drone. It felt like a toy. When I tried to fly it, I couldn’t. It had all kinds of errors. Said the gimbal could not be located..repairs needed. Overheating turn it off.  IMU could not be calibrated. GPS not located. I got this for a xmas present and received it today 1-6-20. technical support is over seas. Where do you send it. dji needs to go out of business. Don’t buy the Mavic mini. It’s a piece of .... Save your money. Find another company.
2020-1-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sounds like you were unlucky, just return it for a replacement.
2020-1-8
Use props
Rothko
New

United Kingdom

I mean...mine works, you sound like you were unlucky that's all.
2020-1-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience with our product, we have official repair center in the United States, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support with the screenshot of the error messages to start a ticket and send in for the evaluation. Sorry again for the inconvenience caused.
2020-1-8
Use props
djiuser_RKEFYeMv3zHk
New

United States

Ditto for my Mavic 2 Pro.  It must have been a bad day at the commune when this one was assembled.

Running into repeated IMU failures with fresh out of box Mac 2 Pro.  When I look into the details within the smart controller pages it seems to suggest a problem with ATT 02 which I can only assume to be an attitude sensor.  The ATT 01 is fine; the Gyro 01 and 02 sensors are equally fine.

Sadly, when I call support their on phone support is minimally qualified apparently to answer the phone.  I foolishly asked what “IMU” stands for and she had to put me on hold, only to return and still not know the answer.  Much of the instructional information seems like it is disjointed—and missing information.  Too much is assumed.  For example, it is not intuitively obvious that during the IMU calibration process that you need to change the physical attitude of the drone periodically.  Sure, they have a nice photo, but it doesn’t exactly tell you to go disturb the drone and place it in the various
2020-1-8
Use props
djiuser_uauyUV9QOPAG
New

United States

My first one was also bad out the box. It reported numerous error codes before I ever got it airborne.  Went online and tried to fill out web form but it would not accept some fields.  Tried to live chat and got a rep that helped me through the process to begin replacement.  I sent the bad one back and it was replaced with a new unit which functions perfectly.
2020-2-1
Use props
djiuser_RMxIpsoleWeX
New
Slovenia

Mine works OK for now except maybe one thing: RC control range is just about 100-150m in urban environment. Maybe. I've tested the drone about 150m away from the power line, and about 500m away from the mobile cell tower. Haven't managed to fly it in the open yet.
2020-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules