Cannot film dropping because of headlight use
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Grasshopper3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 130620 ft
  • >>>
Suriname

Recently I purchased a "Drop & Delivery device for DJI Mavic 2 zoom pro. Rescue/ Fishing/ Payload" module. You can set on of the buttons switch on the Red head-lights, a light sensor mounts over the head lights and when switched on the module will activate and the payload will be dropped.

However If you are recording video the head-lights are automatically turned off and cannot be turned on. Therefore you can not film while dropping. Anybody any hacks to allow filming while using the head-lights? Or another way to activate the module?

Thx Marc.
2020-1-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Could you mount the sensor to the landing lights instead,  Ive seen some drop modules use that light on the M2.
2020-1-8
Use props
Grasshopper3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 130620 ft
  • >>>
Suriname

DAFlys Posted at 1-8 07:50
Could you mount the sensor to the landing lights instead,  Ive seen some drop modules use that light on the M2.

Tried taping the sensor to the bottom light however the operation is not reliable. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesnot.
I'm currently in vacation but will chech the optical sensor once I return. looks like an LDR

The RED headlight is always reliable in  activating the drop.
2020-1-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Grasshopper3 Posted at 1-13 09:13
Tried taping the sensor to the bottom light however the operation is not reliable. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesnot.
I'm currently in vacation but will chech the optical sensor once I return. looks like an LDR

Perhaps some red film between the light and the sensor might help.
2020-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules