Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Windows (7 and 10) does not recognize P4 Pro
1163 9 2020-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ALDOT-Steve
lvl.1

United States

I have tried this with 3 P4 drones and 5 different computers all running DJI Assistant 2 for Phantom. 4 were running Windows and one was pulled from mothballs running 7. I have tried both the current version of assistant and the previous. The issue isn't with version number of either the OS or the software. It seems that none of my computers even recognize that the drones are plugged into the USB port (yes I have tried 7 or 8 different cables). Windows device manager does not register a new device plugged in. All three drones have freshly formatted sd cards installed. I am able to connect them to the controller and tablet and fly with no issues beyond getting an alert to calibrate on one drone. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the USB drivers and even tried this on a computer that has never has never been used for anything with a fresh Windows install. I do not have a Mac available to use.

I welcome any and all assistance.

Steve
2020-1-8
Use props
ALDOT-Steve
lvl.1

United States

2020-1-8
Use props
JPilotR
First Officer
Flight distance : 584662 ft
  • >>>
United States

You are going to need to download the DJI Assistant for P4P app. I think you can download it from the support pages on the DJI site. Once you download it, you may need to be in Windows Admin mode to successfully run the application -- sometimes though it runs fine in "normal" Windows mode (not in Admin mode). It can be a crap-shoot. Good luck!
2020-1-8
Use props
ALDOT-Steve
lvl.1

United States

JPilotR Posted at 1-8 09:11
You are going to need to download the DJI Assistant for P4P app. I think you can download it from the support pages on the DJI site. Once you download it, you may need to be in Windows Admin mode to successfully run the application -- sometimes though it runs fine in "normal" Windows mode (not in Admin mode). It can be a crap-shoot. Good luck!

I have that already. Upgraded to v 2.0.8 on my computer and still nothing. The issue is not the DJI application. I am a network and system admin.
2020-1-8
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Try this:   https://driverfinderpro.com/driv ... ment-in-windows-10/

Good luck
2020-1-8
Use props
ALDOT-Steve
lvl.1

United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 1-8 09:24
Try this:   https://driverfinderpro.com/driver-guide/how-to-disable-driver-signature-enforcement-in-windows-10/

Good luck

Nope on that one as well. Thanks.
2020-1-8
Use props
mattj47
lvl.1

United Kingdom

did you try the F7 on boot up and select the disable driver signature enforcement I did this on my win 7 as I was having trouble using the dji assistant 2 to calibrate the sensors after a prompt from the app.
2020-1-27
Use props
PowerBand1
lvl.4

Australia

Borrow a Mac its a whole lot easier.
2020-1-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

PowerBand1 Posted at 1-30 11:05
Borrow a Mac its a whole lot easier.

What for? To hit the drone with? I agree, that's about all a Mac is good for.
2020-1-30
Use props
ALDOT-Steve
lvl.1

United States

Finally found the answer to this one: All of the USB cables had been replaced at some point with android USB 1.1 cables. When I used a USB 2.0 cable, everything worked correctly.
2021-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules