Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Zoom poor footage
626 9 2020-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Dr.
lvl.1
United States

My new Zoom has been recording terrible footage (see video linked below. Palm trees pixalate near the beginning, the kid does throughout, and the footage overall is poor). It has never crashed, and I'm using the same mem card I used with my original Mavic. Any ideas on what might be causing this?

https://youtu.be/slZkpJSw5fA

On a related note, how do you have the video record on both the SD card in the smart controller and the SD card in the drone so I have a backup?

Thanks!!
Andrew

2020-1-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

To answer your second question first, you cannot simultaneously record on both SD cards.

With regard to the image, you appear to have used the footage from the cache, not from the SD card in the aircraft. Therefore you are seeing glitches from small transmission errors between the aircraft and RC unit. You should only use the video file on the SD card in the aircraft, it will not experience the problems you are seeing. Pop the card out of the aircraft and copy the file to a computer for proper viewing and editing.
2020-1-8
Use props
The Dr.
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 1-8 14:44
To answer your second question first, you cannot simultaneously record on both SD cards.

With regard to the image, you appear to have used the footage from the cache, not from the SD card in the aircraft. Therefore you are seeing glitches from small transmission errors between the aircraft and RC unit. You should only use the video file on the SD card in the aircraft, it will not experience the problems you are seeing. Pop the card out of the aircraft and copy the file to a computer for proper viewing and editing.

Interesting. My original Mavic would record video to the SD card in the drone and the one on my phone connected to the controller.  The one time I had to use the footage from the phone the quality seemed just as good.

The footage I posted was from an SD card in the smart controller. I'll try putting it in the drone and see what happens.

Thanks for the input!
2020-1-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The Dr. Posted at 1-8 14:52
Interesting. My original Mavic would record video to the SD card in the drone and the one on my phone connected to the controller.  The one time I had to use the footage from the phone the quality seemed just as good.

The footage I posted was from an SD card in the smart controller. I'll try putting it in the drone and see what happens.

As long as you remember, the primary recording location is in the aircraft, any videos recorded there will be of the highest quality and glitch free.
2020-1-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this concern. I would recommend to please check video inside the SD card from the drone if the quality is the same. Please keep us posted for better assistance. Thank you.
2020-1-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

2020-1-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Here it is with preview.
2020-1-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

The cached version has way less quality than the one on the SD card.
Was this from the phone?
2020-1-8
Use props
The Dr.
lvl.1
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 1-8 23:35
The cached version has way less quality than the one on the SD card.
Was this from the phone?

I have the Smart Controller. This was from the SD card in the controller.
2020-1-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

The Dr. Posted at 1-9 21:44
I have the Smart Controller. This was from the SD card in the controller.

You should use the SD card in the drone.
Not in the controller.
(to my best knowledge)
2020-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules