Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Cynova mic adaptor test before and after firmware update
1502 6 2020-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
David_Harry
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi.

Here's a video I done a few weeks back but forgot to post on the forum. It's a test of the Cynova mic adaptor before and after the firmware update.

Cheers,
Dave.

2020-1-8
Use props
Matman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 644669 ft
United States

Well done David, thanks for closing the loop on this!
2020-1-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video!
2020-1-8
Use props
David_Harry
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Matman Posted at 1-8 18:14
Well done David, thanks for closing the loop on this!

Hi Matt.

Sorry it’s late mate. I’d actually done it a few weeks back but forgot to post it here on the forum.

I think it sounds great with the mic I’ve used, although in all fairness the mic costs more than than my Action setup and does tend to sound good on anything. To be even about these things and to give a more real world of example, I’ll also do a test with a readily available and cheaper video mic that’s typical of what most people would buy, probably the RODE VideoMicro or the Comica CVM-VM10.

Thinking on. Neewer have just sent me three very affordable video mics to review. One of them, the NW82 https://geni.us/NeewerNW82 is only 22£€$, I’ll try that one and see if it works well.

Also and as suspected, the interface is not recording stereo, although I suspect that this is due to the Action and not the interface. But in all honesty, if you can pick up the interface for cheap on-line somewhere and not pay the high asking price from DJI and it is the same interface electronically. I’d have no problem that it’s not stereo, especially bearing in mind that if it’s being used for vlogging and what not, you only require a single channel anyway. If stereo is an absolute must, then of course just avoid this combination and maybe avoid the Action full stop as I suspect it will never record true stereo, as in two independently discreet channels, due to its own internal audio rooting.

Cheers,
Dave.
2020-1-9
Use props
ebswift
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10299 ft
Australia

Nice analysis in that video Dave, I'm glad they've sorted the mic to where it is at least performing well.  I kind of made my own mic setup due to not being able to justify the cost of buying a decent microphone.  A few years ago I was given a connected pair of AKG C98 condenser microphones which seem to have really decent specs, they're pretty much unicorns now, they were part of some Lexicon kit which I don't have.  They were connected to an unwieldy 5M cable, I chopped that (added a new gold plated TRS jack to the chopped end to retain the nice cable), designed and 3D printed a duel shotgun arrangement and added a nice little gold plated TRS female socket to the assembly.  I put that into a cheapo polaroid shock mount and mounted that onto the new version of the smallrig cage.  I use a rode 'iphone' TRS adapter coiled cord (I don't know why they designate iphone, it's a bloody TRS) to keep everything neat.  I also added a cheap amazon deadcat, I had to guess for the size but it fits well.  This works great, though it is really sensitive to everything going on, I'll post a video once I figure out how to make it interesting.  Sometimes recycling decent gear not really designed for the job can at least out-do cheapo consumer mic options.

2020-1-9
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing this. I'm is search for a Mic for my Osmo Action.
2020-1-12
Use props
David_Harry
lvl.4
United Kingdom

ebswift Posted at 1-9 02:02
Nice analysis in that video Dave, I'm glad they've sorted the mic to where it is at least performing well.  I kind of made my own mic setup due to not being able to justify the cost of buying a decent microphone.  A few years ago I was given a connected pair of AKG C98 condenser microphones which seem to have really decent specs, they're pretty much unicorns now, they were part of some Lexicon kit which I don't have.  They were connected to an unwieldy 5M cable, I chopped that (added a new gold plated TRS jack to the chopped end to retain the nice cable), designed and 3D printed a duel shotgun arrangement and added a nice little gold plated TRS female socket to the assembly.  I put that into a cheapo polaroid shock mount and mounted that onto the new version of the smallrig cage.  I use a rode 'iphone' TRS adapter coiled cord (I don't know why they designate iphone, it's a bloody TRS) to keep everything neat.  I also added a cheap amazon deadcat, I had to guess for the size but it fits well.  This works great, though it is really sensitive to everything going on, I'll post a video once I figure out how to make it interesting.  Sometimes recycling decent gear not really designed for the job can at least out-do cheapo consumer mic options.

[view_image]

Hi.

That setup looks very capable. I’ve never heard of the mics before, hopefully you can do some audio examples.

Cheers,
Dave.
2020-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules