1670 11 2020-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gelert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2063238 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

How much damage do you think the new Autel Evo II do to Mavic sales ?? The initial reviews of the Evo II look quite impressive and the user interchangeable gimbal are a game changer for a drone of this size - what do you guys think ??
2020-1-8
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

2020-1-8
Use props
Gelert
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 1-8 22:40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XidqS5yvlg

Image quality of the M2P seems better photo wise.

But how will the M2P compare to the Evo II Pro - both with 1 inch sensors ??
2020-1-8
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Gelert Posted at 1-8 22:52
But how will the M2P compare to the Evo II Pro - both with 1 inch sensors ??

Image quality of the M2P seems better photo wise.  Autel 2 seems to stutter a bit w/ the 8k video unless it's the fault of Youtube and/or his PC.  A real competitor is Skydio 2 as the autonomy is like no other but flying distance in manual compared to the M2.. especially below obstacle heights and at night, I wouldn't.

It's not just the sensor size that matters but the lens and the processing system of the sensor too.
2020-1-8
Use props
Gelert
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I like to control the drone myself so autonomy doesn't really appeal to me. Comparing the 1/2 inch sensor of the Evo II to M2P 1 inch sensor is not really fair - but the Evo II still does a good job. It will be interesting to see the comparison when the Evo II Pro is released and both drones have 1 inch sensors. I believe that 8k on a 1/2 inch sensor may not be a good idea. 6k on a 1 inch sensor will probably be better - but we'll have to wait and see. I still believe the interchangeable gimbals is a massive advantage - especially with a thermal camera coming in March. It will be interesting to see hw that compares to the M2ED.
2020-1-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Competition is good.
So it won't hurt.
2020-1-8
Use props
Gelert
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 1-8 23:40
Competition is good.
So it won't hurt.

Good point Monty - however, I do hope DJI don't forget to support older/current products in order to match the competition - their record in product suppler is not too good at the moment - Autel are very responsive to Customer issues.
2020-1-8
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Gelert Posted at 1-8 23:03
I like to control the drone myself so autonomy doesn't really appeal to me. Comparing the 1/2 inch sensor of the Evo II to M2P 1 inch sensor is not really fair - but the Evo II still does a good job. It will be interesting to see the comparison when the Evo II Pro is released and both drones have 1 inch sensors. I believe that 8k on a 1/2 inch sensor may not be a good idea. 6k on a 1 inch sensor will probably be better - but we'll have to wait and see. I still believe the interchangeable gimbals is a massive advantage - especially with a thermal camera coming in March. It will be interesting to see hw that compares to the M2ED.

Yeah, they are better off just pumping out 4K120 instead but we are watching the 8k downscaled to 4k instead of just zooming in 50% and using that as footage for a better comparison.  If it's not for cropping then we can assume it's for the people who have 8k TVs.
2020-1-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Gelert Posted at 1-8 23:46
Good point Monty - however, I do hope DJI don't forget to support older/current products in order to match the competition - their record in product suppler is not too good at the moment - Autel are very responsive to Customer issues.

That too might change with competition
2020-1-9
Use props
Gelert
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 1-9 00:21
That too might change with competition

Like your positive vibe Monty - but I must admit I will not be holding my breath. Having said that - I have no complaints with DJI except maybe price
2020-1-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Gelert Posted at 1-9 00:24
Like your positive vibe Monty - but I must admit I will not be holding my breath. Having said that - I have no complaints with DJI except maybe price

Trying to be!
We will see what the time will bring.
2020-1-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Knowing DJI of late we'll get Mavic 3 with less features than M2P or the original.
2020-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules