Tablet Question
1535 10 2020-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Treetorn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 116296 ft
United States

Looking for a tablet that will run the dJI Fly app. I purchased a used Samsung Tab S SM-T700 because it was so highly recommended by various websites as a very good tablet for flying. It arrived yesterday, only for me to discover that it wasn't compatible with the app. Through research I discovered that the Fly app requires a 64-bit OS, and my tablet has a 32-bit OS. So is there a list anywhere of tablets that will run dJI Fly?
2020-1-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

People are reporting that the iPad mini works well even though tablets are not supported by DJI.
2020-1-9
Use props
Treetorn
lvl.1
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-9 06:18
People are reporting that the iPad mini works well even though tablets are not supported by DJI.

I'm not sure what you mean by "tablets are not supported by DJI"? I mean, I know they don't provide service for them, but are you saying their apps aren't designed for use with tablets?
2020-1-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Treetorn Posted at 1-9 06:54
I'm not sure what you mean by "tablets are not supported by DJI"? I mean, I know they don't provide service for them, but are you saying their apps aren't designed for use with tablets?

Thats right,  there are no tablets on the supported hardware list for DJI Fly.  The iPad runs the iPhone app in screen stretched mode but its not actually supported.
2020-1-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Heres the supported hardware list -

Screenshot 2020-01-09 at 15.54.38.png
2020-1-9
Use props
Treetorn
lvl.1
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-9 07:55
Heres the supported hardware list -

Thanks a ton. I hope this changes sometimes in the near future. This is a pretty big disadvantage imo.
2020-1-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. As of the moment, the DJI Fly application does only support mobile devices, not including tablets. However, we are still working on other devices including the tablets to be compatible with the DJI Mavic mini with the DJI Fly app. You can check below the list of the recommended mobile devices for the said application. Thank you for your understanding and support!

2020-1-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Treetorn Posted at 1-9 08:27
Thanks a ton. I hope this changes sometimes in the near future. This is a pretty big disadvantage imo.

Yes, I find it a bit odd, as on IOS if you develop for iPad and iPhone screens at the same time it saves a ton of work later on.
2020-1-10
Use props
djiuser_D45gNGwhOSEF
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37536 ft
United States

My Huawei MatePad Pro work fine with Fly app.
2020-1-14
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Save your money, ask friends who have a tablet and try, I have a huawei mediapad m3 lite 8 which does install dji fly however I can not confirm it will run correctly as I don't have a dji mini and won't,
2020-1-17
Use props
djiuser_PkMmXCBy2xgP
lvl.1

United States

my cell is android 8 and 64 bit. Will not Install   Help
2020-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules