Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Rocksteady with new FW
1534 20 2020-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
El Diabolico
First Officer

Germany

Can anyone give me any feedback regarding Rocksteady behavior with the latest firmware? I've watched several videos on YouTube saying that it is quite shakier than before... any personal experience(s)?

Many thanks.
2020-1-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. I hope that our valued DJI member who uses the DJI Osmo Action can provide you the best information for this inquiry. Thank you for your valued support.
2020-1-9
Use props
Interceptor_Alpha
lvl.1
United States

I'd advise against the update if you can use the camera without. Ruins the only reason I went with the DJI. Was forced into an update via my phone. Luckily I was able to do a charge back due to what is now, false advertisement, with the rocksteady. If they let you select the level of rocksteady that would be one thing. Instead they catered to people that were complaining about a laggy screen on an action camera. You know, the camera you mount somewhere, turn on, and forget about. The same one you shut your screens off on unless you're making an adjustment because they're useless.

On top of that you can use your phone on the internet while you have the DJI connected which is another killer for me. At this point I just feel back for all the people that bought this that I suggested to to because DJI completely ruined it.
2020-1-11
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I haven't noticed, but I use a gimbal with my action.
2020-1-12
Use props
El Diabolico
First Officer

Germany

Woe Posted at 1-12 05:47
I haven't noticed, but I use a gimbal with my action.

Thanks for the reply but the gimbal kind of kills the comparison ;)
2020-1-13
Use props
El Diabolico
First Officer

Germany

Interceptor_Alpha Posted at 1-11 13:35
I'd advise against the update if you can use the camera without. Ruins the only reason I went with the DJI. Was forced into an update via my phone. Luckily I was able to do a charge back due to what is now, false advertisement, with the rocksteady. If they let you select the level of rocksteady that would be one thing. Instead they catered to people that were complaining about a laggy screen on an action camera. You know, the camera you mount somewhere, turn on, and forget about. The same one you shut your screens off on unless you're making an adjustment because they're useless.

On top of that you can use your phone on the internet while you have the DJI connected which is another killer for me. At this point I just feel back for all the people that bought this that I suggested to to because DJI completely ruined it.

Wow, those are terrible news... I will try to avoid the update when prompted. Thanks man!
2020-1-13
Use props
Interceptor_Alpha
lvl.1
United States

El Diabolico Posted at 1-13 07:10
Wow, those are terrible news... I will try to avoid the update when prompted. Thanks man!

Not a problem my guy. Now if DJI would actually fix stuff and make the camera usable on your phone without losing internet.
2020-1-22
Use props
M2Wair
Captain
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Sadly rocksteady is now just terrible since last update. Lag is better but at the cost of vertually no rocksteady.
2020-1-22
Use props
Interceptor_Alpha
lvl.1
United States

M2Wair Posted at 1-22 17:07
Sadly rocksteady is now just terrible since last update. Lag is better but at the cost of vertually no rocksteady.

Which is sad. "Let's ruin the thing that makes this action camera so great so we can fix something you literally never use when in action because....you're focused on the action.
2020-1-22
Use props
El Diabolico
First Officer

Germany

M2Wair Posted at 1-22 17:07

I see... thanks
2020-1-23
Use props
M2Wair
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Interceptor_Alpha Posted at 1-22 17:22
Which is sad. "Let's ruin the thing that makes this action camera so great so we can fix something you literally never use when in action because....you're focused on the action.

Prior to the update it was silky smooth, now its just terrible.  Hopefully next update will fix this.

Timelapses are fabulous lol
2020-1-23
Use props
M2Wair
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

El Diabolico Posted at 1-23 02:22
I see... thanks
I'd sooner have the lag, and rocksteady as it was. I'm hoping a quick fix, but with the Chinese holiday maybe not.
2020-1-23
Use props
ff22
Captain
United States

No way to roll back to an earlier firmware?  Too bad no one archives these things like for other products and programs.  
2020-1-23
Use props
ShankZ
lvl.1
Germany

Hi Guys. My µSD-card just arrived and after starting Mimo, I am prompted to update the firmware. I am not sure about which firmware version you are writing. I just want to avoid to get a bad rocksteady performance due to the latest update v01.07.00.20 from 2019.12.03.

Could you please confirm if this fw has rocksteady problems or if you are talking about an older fw.

Thanks in advance!
2020-2-12
Use props
Mizzu
First Officer
Flight distance : 431873 ft
Germany

ff22 Posted at 1-23 10:21
No way to roll back to an earlier firmware?  Too bad no one archives these things like for other products and programs.

Nope, no way....
2020-2-27
Use props
Mizzu
First Officer
Germany

ShankZ Posted at 2-12 03:29
Hi Guys. My µSD-card just arrived and after starting Mimo, I am prompted to update the firmware. I am not sure about which firmware version you are writing. I just want to avoid to get a bad rocksteady performance due to the latest update v01.07.00.20 from 2019.12.03.

Could you please confirm if this fw has rocksteady problems or if you are talking about an older fw.

A little late reply but it is the .07 Update, which makes the Camera useless for Action. So better don't do it, if you didn't already. ;)
2020-2-27
Use props
Kappy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 69711 ft
Australia

I have noticed after doing the latest firmware update I have completely lost rocksteady and half my resolution options, Why?????

the only way to retrieve Rocksteady was to do a FACTORY RESET.

WHY is this so, is my Camera faulty?

Cheers
Kappy
2020-2-27
Use props
M2Wair
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Kappy Posted at 2-27 16:21
I have noticed after doing the latest firmware update I have completely lost rocksteady and half my resolution options, Why?????

the only way to retrieve Rocksteady was to do a FACTORY RESET.

The issue is the last Firmware update, it sucks and RS is now completely useless.

The next FW update hopefully will resolve the lack of RS.

2020-2-27
Use props
ShankZ
lvl.1
Germany

Mizzu Posted at 2-27 08:23
A little late reply but it is the .07 Update, which makes the Camera useless for Action. So better don't do it, if you didn't already. ;)

I am so lucky that I haven´t found my old µSD and I had to order a new one. That gave me some time to study some threads and luckily I found this one. I did not update to the latetst firmware ;)

I am crossing my fingers that DJI get fixed that soon. But the response from DJI employees here is really sad...
2020-2-28
Use props
Mizzu
First Officer
Germany

ShankZ Posted at 2-28 05:22
I am so lucky that I haven´t found my old µSD and I had to order a new one. That gave me some time to study some threads and luckily I found this one. I did not update to the latetst firmware ;)

I am crossing my fingers that DJI get fixed that soon. But the response from DJI employees here is really sad...

Lucky you.
Enjoy your actually usable ActionCam ;)
2020-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules