Epson bt 300
2117 19 2020-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10318117 ft
Canada

I have been trying to get some info from some of the people who have purchased the glasses in order to find out if they are well worth it,  I am looking at purchasing a pair this spring, my drone is a mavic pro,  would appreciate your input,  thank you.
2020-1-9
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Some points from my experience

• The 320 inch screen perspective at 20m is great, your looking at a very large screen and depending on screen brightness settings you can see through it for VLOS
  • I really enjoy using mine in "fixed wing mode" , it feels like your sitting in the AC
  • Had mine for 3 years they haven't missed a beat, the only thing is the touch pad needs a bit of time to get used to it.
  • The narrow design allows you to look out of the glasses from up top and down below, your not limited visually be being fully enclosed
  • They are very light and easy to wear
  • The Rochester Optical mirror shades are better for strong sunlight
  • A one piece holder for the control unit is much better than one that seperates in half
  • Bonus is that you can watch 3d movies, Netflix, Youtube 3d etc.
  • Hopefully Litchi will make their flight app compatible with the MAVIC Mini when the SDK is released by DJI, then we'll be able to use the BT-300's with the MM
  • DJI Go4 works the same as on any other device
  • The glasses do not support DJI Fly which needs 64 bit android
  • Litchi and Epson's own flight software works on it and you can side load other apps
  • Paid apps with licensing cause some issuses as you need the google play store and play services, not all will work
  • There is no head control like the DJI Goggles
  • Can be worn over most glasses but it's easier to use the prescription insert
2020-1-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. Hope that you could get the best recommendation from our valued DJI co-pilots here in Forum. Thank you for your support!
2020-1-9
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-9 14:47
Hi, thank you for reaching out. Hope that you could get the best recommendation from our valued DJI co-pilots here in Forum. Thank you for your support!

no replies yet Gamora. thank you
2020-1-10
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Canada

lannes Posted at 1-9 09:47

thank you so very much for your input Iannes, much appreciated.
2020-1-10
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Picanoc Jack Posted at 1-10 06:30
thank you so very much for your input Iannes, much appreciated.

I forgot to add , there is a compatibility issue between the BT-300 and the Mavic 2 Pro/ Zoom remote controller , the RC1B model.

It does however work with the RC1A remote controller for the same AC's
2020-1-10
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Canada

lannes Posted at 1-10 06:37
I forgot to add , there is a compatibility issue between the BT-300 and the Mavic 2 Pro/ Zoom remote controller , the RC1B model.

thank you for the info Iannes
2020-1-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Picanoc Jack Posted at 1-10 06:26
no replies yet Gamora. thank you

You're welcome
2020-1-11
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Canada

well like the saying goes, why wait for spring do it now,  purchased the glasses yesterday now waiting to get here. Again I thank you for the info Lannes.
2020-2-1
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Canada

well things are getting there but there is one thing I just can't get,,  how do I switch from 2D  to 3D?  just can't get it,  thanks for your help in advance Lannes.
2020-2-14
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Picanoc Jack Posted at 2-14 23:56
well things are getting there but there is one thing I just can't get,,  how do I switch from 2D  to 3D?  just can't get it,  thanks for your help in advance Lannes.

The button on the left hand side is toggle switch, press it once it toggles the brightness setting, press it again and it opens 2d/3d display mode.

When in 2D/3D mode just touch the lower half of the "cross key area", the red dot in the photo.
Make sure the cursor is on the 2D or 3D in the grey box to change the selection

epson controller - Copy.jpg
2020-2-15
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Canada

lannes Posted at 2-15 03:40
The button on the left hand side is toggle switch, press it once it toggles the brightness setting, press it again and it opens 2d/3d display mode.

When in 2D/3D mode just touch the lower half of the "cross key area", the red dot in the photo.

found out about it las night after I had messaged you,  thanks a lot my friend for your quick reply, so far so good with the glasses.
2020-2-15
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Canada

Is bird’s eye view the only option,? Lanes I am getting used to the glasses however there  are quite a few things that I am still having problems with.
2020-5-13
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Canada

lannes Posted at 2-15 03:40
The button on the left hand side is toggle switch, press it once it toggles the brightness setting, press it again and it opens 2d/3d display mode.

I have Netflix but  I just can’t get the movies to play with  the glasses, any suggestions?
2020-5-15
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Canada

lannes Posted at 1-9 09:47

I downloaded the ar flight DJI but it just won't connect to the aircraft any suggestions?
2020-12-13
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Picanoc Jack Posted at 12-13 04:52
I downloaded the ar flight DJI but it just won't connect to the aircraft any suggestions?

Did you follow these directions explicitly
The RC has to be connected to the bt-300 control unit.

1) Turn on Epson BT-300 and make sure wi-fi is connected
2) Remove the propellers from the drone
3) Turn on the aircraft and remote controller, make sure linking is successful
4) Plug the remote controller into Epson BT-300 control unit
5) Select Epson AR Flight Simulator in the popup screen of Epson BT-300 display to initiate connection

Tip 1: Use the directional pad to scroll down the list if you have multiple drone compatible applications

Tip 2: When prompted to open the app "just once" with this app or "always," you'll want to select "just once" if you're going to be using other drone apps
    Follow the instructions displayed in the app

Video instrcutions
2020-12-13
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Canada

it's hot the simulator app that I downloaded it's the flight one, every time I try to use it the aircraft will not connect, it asks me to choose a drone which I do then the map which I do and still it will not connect.
2020-12-14
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

Supposedly, DJI fixed the 1A and 1B issues with an update about 6 months ago...
I have a set for my Mavic Pro Gen I, and love them.
The only drawback is that the processor is limited, but it does work. Old OS level, no updates to it anymore. They did a release and that is probably it, until a new generation comes out.
But it does work as advertised, and I won't go back to "goggles", I like my situational awareness...

Note, you may have to drop down into the earlier versions of the Go4 app, as they got real resource hungry as it grew. He is a link to any version you want going back almost 3 years:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... go-4-4-0-4-release/
2020-12-14
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Picanoc Jack Posted at 12-14 04:44
it's hot the simulator app that I downloaded it's the flight one, every time I try to use it the aircraft will not connect, it asks me to choose a drone which I do then the map which I do and still it will not connect.

IMHO, just use DJI Go4, download it from the Moverio app store.
It works better than the Epson flight app
2020-12-15
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Canada

lannes Posted at 12-15 22:45
IMHO, just use DJI Go4, download it from the Moverio app store.
It works better than the Epson flight app

thanks lannes, what I was doing wrong was that I was entering Epson but when I do Go 4 the epson shows up then I proceed to click on that one   thanks for your help buddy>
2020-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules